Board Logo
« Critical Analysis of Research of Alien Abduction »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 23rd, 2017, 09:42am


Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

*Totally FREE 24/7 Access *Your Nickname and Avatar *Private Messages

*Join today and be a part of one of the largest UFO sites on the Net.


« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9  ...  33 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: Critical Analysis of Research of Alien Abduction  (Read 40388 times)
drwu23
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6591
xx Re: Critical Analysis of Research of Alien Abducti
« Reply #90 on: Jan 12th, 2014, 8:43pm »

Thanks for posting those interesting links at ufotrail BlogSpot.
There has always been many problems in this area regarding egos , improper methods, and of course the marginality (and liminality) of the subject itself.
Anyone interested in these areas would do well to read The Trickster by Hansen and always keep in mind how 'grey' the whole subject can be.

smiley
User IP Logged

Equalizer
Guest
xx Re: Critical Analysis of Research of Alien Abducti
« Reply #91 on: Jan 12th, 2014, 8:47pm »

DrWu
Welcome back grin
User IP Logged

drwu23
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6591
xx Re: Critical Analysis of Research of Alien Abducti
« Reply #92 on: Jan 12th, 2014, 9:01pm »

on Jan 12th, 2014, 8:47pm, Father Karras wrote:
DrWu
Welcome back grin


Thank you..........perhaps it's my old age but I don't recall you....did you used to go by another board name?


smiley
User IP Logged

Equalizer
Guest
xx Re: Critical Analysis of Research of Alien Abducti
« Reply #93 on: Jan 12th, 2014, 9:08pm »

Yes this is just an assumed avatar while I am cleansing the forum of evil and all manner of foul spirits.
You knew me as Sys_Config .. grin

The interview your boy gave at Fortean times was stellar..
I can't wait to read his book..

http://www.forteantimes.com/features/interviews/43/george_p_hansen.html

Its always peculiar how North Carolina and Virginia pop up in these conversations..after reading..I understand a little better..

Hal is now INT23 if you run into him..Purr is still Precious Purr..
How is the weather out there!?
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2014, 9:12pm by Equalizer » User IP Logged

ZETAR
Mod Director
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

GREAT SPIRITS ALWAYS ENCOUNTER THE MOST VIOLENT OPPOSITION FROM MEDIOCRE MINDS E=MC2


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 7957
xx Re: Critical Analysis of Research of Alien Abducti
« Reply #94 on: Jan 12th, 2014, 9:10pm »

DRWU,

INDEED...THERE MAY BE ADDITIONAL A.K.A'S FOR THE PADRE...NO SENIOR MOMENT grin

MOREOVER...MIGHT I ECHO THE PADRE'S SENTIMENT...WECOME BACK! smiley

SHALOM...Z
User IP Logged

GREAT SPIRITS ALWAYS ENCOUNTER THE MOST VIOLENT OPPOSITION FROM MEDIOCRE MINDS E=MC2
MOKSHA
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

SOUL=402 KOPAVI=444 METATRON=636


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4329
xx Re: Critical Analysis of Research of Alien Abducti
« Reply #95 on: Jan 13th, 2014, 05:33am »

on Jan 12th, 2014, 8:43pm, drwu23 wrote:
Thanks for posting those interesting links at ufotrail BlogSpot.
There has always been many problems in this area regarding egos , improper methods, and of course the marginality (and liminality) of the subject itself.
Anyone interested in these areas would do well to read The Trickster by Hansen and always keep in mind how 'grey' the whole subject can be.

smiley


Welcome back
Drwu23,
I like to test my believes to find out how strong they really are,
having a well red skeptic's perspective to refer to, is,
priceless.
MKW

smiley
User IP Logged

We are not to worry about a grain of sand in our friends eye, when we may have a two by four sticking out of our own
drwu23
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6591
xx Re: Critical Analysis of Research of Alien Abducti
« Reply #96 on: Jan 13th, 2014, 07:51am »

on Jan 12th, 2014, 9:08pm, Father Karras wrote:
Yes this is just an assumed avatar while I am cleansing the forum of evil and all manner of foul spirits.
You knew me as Sys_Config .. grin

The interview your boy gave at Fortean times was stellar..
I can't wait to read his book..

http://www.forteantimes.com/features/interviews/43/george_p_hansen.html

Its always peculiar how North Carolina and Virginia pop up in these conversations..after reading..I understand a little better..

Hal is now INT23 if you run into him..Purr is still Precious Purr..
How is the weather out there!?

Glad to see you found that interview interesting. We can learn a great deal from that perspective. BTW..I had not read that specific interview before. Pilkington is also an interesting person and I recommend his book also; Mirage Men.
Thanks for the heads up on the members.

The snow is melting and we are warming up.
User IP Logged

drwu23
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6591
xx Re: Critical Analysis of Research of Alien Abducti
« Reply #97 on: Jan 13th, 2014, 07:54am »

Also thanks to MOKSHA and ZETAR for the welcome.


"Wherever you go, there you are."
Firesign Theater
User IP Logged

purr
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

..you talkin' to me...YOU TALKIN' TO ME..??!


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4772
xx Re: Critical Analysis of Research of Alien Abducti
« Reply #98 on: Jan 13th, 2014, 09:34am »

on Jan 13th, 2014, 07:54am, drwu23 wrote:
Also thanks to MOKSHA and ZETAR for the welcome.


"Wherever you go, there you are."
Firesign Theater


I agree with MOKSHA's appreciation of skepticism, good to have you back drwu23.


purr
User IP Logged

Let us be sure that those who come after will say of us in our time, that in our time we did everything that could be done. We finished the race; we kept them free; we kept the faith.

-RONALD REAGAN
jjflash
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM


Posts: 1476
xx Re: Critical Analysis of Research of Alien Abducti
« Reply #99 on: Jan 13th, 2014, 7:28pm »

on Jan 12th, 2014, 8:43pm, drwu23 wrote:
Thanks for posting those interesting links at ufotrail BlogSpot.
There has always been many problems in this area regarding egos , improper methods, and of course the marginality (and liminality) of the subject itself.
Anyone interested in these areas would do well to read The Trickster by Hansen and always keep in mind how 'grey' the whole subject can be.

smiley


Thanks, drwu23. Glad you find The UFO Trail interesting.
User IP Logged

The UFO Trail
jjflash
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM


Posts: 1476
xx Re: Critical Analysis of Research of Alien Abducti
« Reply #100 on: Jan 17th, 2014, 7:34pm »

Writer/researcher Nick Redfern indicated today that he believes the Betty and Barney Hill alleged alien abduction was part of Project MKULTRA, a CIA venture into mind control and behavior modification. Commenting at The UFO Inconoclast(s), Redfern added he had forthcoming material that would demonstrate that John Fuller, author of Interrupted Journey, was paid by the intelligence community to cultivate the concept of alien abduction.

"The Hill abduction? MKULTRA," Redfern initially wrote, then added, "I have something coming out on all this in a few months, something which will present Fuller in a whole new light... And not a positive light. The man is going to come crashing down like a ton of bricks."

Redfern then later wrote, "Fuller was paid well to help nurture the imagery of 'alien abductions' via The Interrupted Journey. And I don't mean paid well by his publisher..."
User IP Logged

The UFO Trail
drwu23
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6591
xx Re: Critical Analysis of Research of Alien Abducti
« Reply #101 on: Jan 17th, 2014, 8:31pm »

on Jan 17th, 2014, 7:34pm, jjflash wrote:
Writer/researcher Nick Redfern indicated today that he believes the Betty and Barney Hill alleged alien abduction was part of Project MKULTRA, a CIA venture into mind control and behavior modification. Commenting at The UFO Inconoclast(s), Redfern added he had forthcoming material that would demonstrate that John Fuller, author of Interrupted Journey, was paid by the intelligence community to cultivate the concept of alien abduction.

"The Hill abduction? MKULTRA," Redfern initially wrote, then added, "I have something coming out on all this in a few months, something which will present Fuller in a whole new light... And not a positive light. The man is going to come crashing down like a ton of bricks."

Redfern then later wrote, "Fuller was paid well to help nurture the imagery of 'alien abductions' via The Interrupted Journey. And I don't mean paid well by his publisher..."



That's interesting. I haven't read any Redfern for a while.
But Vallee also taks about military games and disinfo in his book Revelations.
But I have always questioned why the military would want to do such things. It seems to me it draws attention to the ufo phenom and not away from it and isn't a good cover story imo for their own projects.
User IP Logged

MOKSHA
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

SOUL=402 KOPAVI=444 METATRON=636


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4329
xx Re: Critical Analysis of Research of Alien Abducti
« Reply #102 on: Jan 18th, 2014, 07:19am »

on Jan 17th, 2014, 8:31pm, drwu23 wrote:
That's interesting. I haven't read any Redfern for a while.
But Vallee also taks about military games and disinfo in his book Revelations.
But I have always questioned why the military would want to do such things. It seems to me it draws attention to the ufo phenom and not away from it and isn't a good cover story imo for their own projects.


Good question drwu23, what if the military is being used?
And the CIA did not disclose it's full agenda, another distraction to keep prying eyes away, to catch a deviate, think like a deviate.
We will never know, what we do not.
User IP Logged

We are not to worry about a grain of sand in our friends eye, when we may have a two by four sticking out of our own
drwu23
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6591
xx Re: Critical Analysis of Research of Alien Abducti
« Reply #103 on: Jan 19th, 2014, 12:55pm »

on Jan 18th, 2014, 07:19am, MOKSHA wrote:
Good question drwu23, what if the military is being used?
And the CIA did not disclose it's full agenda, another distraction to keep prying eyes away, to catch a deviate, think like a deviate.
We will never know, what we do not.

Some things need to be kept secret or various agencies cannot protect us and do their jobs, but regarding the ufo phenom it's debatable/arguable whether or not the public has the 'right to know' the 'truth'...whatever that might be.
But my point was not about secrecy but about why the military would use ufo hinjinks and hoaxing to make people think the ufo phenom is legitimate. What's the point? How does it help any agenda they might have regarding covert projects not related to so-called alien/ ufos? It seems to me the best course would be to just deny that ufos are alien and that it's of any concern to them and let the ufo community argue amongst themselves, present wild conspiracy ideas, and let them look foolish all by themselves.
User IP Logged

INT21
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2938
xx Re: Critical Analysis of Research of Alien Abducti
« Reply #104 on: Jan 19th, 2014, 1:07pm »

....It seems to me the best course would be to just deny that ufos are alien and that it's of any concern to them and let the ufo community argue amongst themselves, present wild conspiracy ideas, and let them look foolish all by themselves. ...

So, business as usual then ?

HAL
(INT21) smiley
User IP Logged

Isn't it midnight, on the other side of the world.
Do you remember
the face of a pretty girl ?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9  ...  33 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Become a member of the UFO Casebook Forum today and join our more than 18,000 members.

Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls