Board Logo
« What music are you listening to now? »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 19th, 2017, 11:06pm


Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

*Totally FREE 24/7 Access *Your Nickname and Avatar *Private Messages

*Join today and be a part of one of the largest UFO sites on the Net.


« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78  ...  285 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: What music are you listening to now?  (Read 31992 times)
drwu23
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6592
xx Re: What music are you listening to now?
« Reply #1125 on: Aug 13th, 2012, 11:07pm »

The Canterbury Scene.......Egg, Caravan, National Health, Soft Machine....
and a few obscure ones like Antique Seeking Nuns, and Dedalus





User IP Logged

PowerKnight
Metallic Silver Flying Saucers Exist...I Should Know I Once Experienced A Close Encounter Of The First Kind!
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Silver Spaceships Of Sublime Beauty!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1705
xx Re: What music are you listening to now?
« Reply #1126 on: Aug 15th, 2012, 10:26am »

Hi guys having a break from the grandchildren, I`m shattered!!! Looks like I`m way behind here on the topics, never liked the 80s scene of popular music no soul all plastic and fizz.
It`s now all but finished it`s quite rare to find real talent around in today`s musical scene, after years a friend of mine kept on about Buddy Rich as the greatest drummer.
He plays drums and among many likes the jazz type drummers, so I checked Buddy Rich out last week and among a few found The Impossible Drum Solo on YouTube.
Just when I thought I had heard them all this drum solo is the most incredible drum solo I have heard in my entire life and seen.
At 67 suffering from a cold it`s friggin insane, his left hand technique was just that...unique! The solo is basically flat out incorporating so many different styles along with his jazzy style, genius of the first degree.
I`m speechless, kudos to Buddy Rich, PowerKnight wink
User IP Logged

PowerKnight`s Perchance To Dream...

Joust With Thee
For I The PowerKnight Hath Taken
Escaped From The Castle
A Damsel Distressed Unto Thee
The PowerKnight Legacy

...Composed From The Poetic Pen Of PowerKnight.
Mythos
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 908
xx Re: What music are you listening to now?
« Reply #1127 on: Aug 16th, 2012, 01:22am »

Anyone get or hear the new Dead Can Dance release?

Their first new release in 16 years...

And if you like DCD, have a listen to this band named:
The Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=javeIEaxoPQ&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1rAODrXkkI&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuvtUKrW578&feature=related

User IP Logged

Ground Control to Major Tom
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Take your Protien Pill and put your Helmet on...
drwu23
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6592
xx Re: What music are you listening to now?
« Reply #1128 on: Aug 16th, 2012, 09:26am »

on Aug 16th, 2012, 01:22am, Mythos wrote:
Anyone get or hear the new Dead Can Dance release?

Their first new release in 16 years...

And if you like DCD, have a listen to this band named:
The Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=javeIEaxoPQ&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1rAODrXkkI&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuvtUKrW578&feature=related



Yes..I have heard the new DCD......my friend went to see them in Chicago and was kind enough to bring me back a t-shirt.
grin
User IP Logged

dahur
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 825
xx Re: What music are you listening to now?
« Reply #1129 on: Aug 16th, 2012, 12:15pm »

on Aug 15th, 2012, 10:26am, PowerKnight wrote:
Hi guys having a break from the grandchildren, I`m shattered!!! Looks like I`m way behind here on the topics, never liked the 80s scene of popular music no soul all plastic and fizz.
It`s now all but finished it`s quite rare to find real talent around in today`s musical scene, after years a friend of mine kept on about Buddy Rich as the greatest drummer.
He plays drums and among many likes the jazz type drummers, so I checked Buddy Rich out last week and among a few found The Impossible Drum Solo on YouTube.
Just when I thought I had heard them all this drum solo is the most incredible drum solo I have heard in my entire life and seen.
At 67 suffering from a cold it`s friggin insane, his left hand technique was just that...unique! The solo is basically flat out incorporating so many different styles along with his jazzy style, genius of the first degree.
I`m speechless, kudos to Buddy Rich, PowerKnight wink


I've always been a Buddy Rich fan, and have seen most of those video's. A couple I really liked were the Buddy Vs. Ed Shaughnessy drum battle on the Tonight Show. And the Muppets Animal vs. Buddy. His use of paradiddles, and the left hand drum rolls were simply amazing. There'll never be another Buddy Rich, IMO.
User IP Logged

LagrimasNegras
Guest
xx Re: What music are you listening to now?
« Reply #1130 on: Aug 17th, 2012, 12:22pm »

I have a nice car, lovely career..intelligent friends..don a a sporty hat....what am I doing here? What am I doing here..?
User IP Logged

Mythos
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 908
xx Re: What music are you listening to now?
« Reply #1131 on: Aug 17th, 2012, 7:53pm »

Cool song, but this has always been my favorite Talking Heads song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTPqPZzH-LA

User IP Logged

Ground Control to Major Tom
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Take your Protien Pill and put your Helmet on...
LagrimasNegras
Guest
xx Re: What music are you listening to now?
« Reply #1132 on: Aug 17th, 2012, 9:37pm »

yeah..Glad u liked it Myth ..I really just post what the thread asks..what I am listening to at the moment..They were avante garde...This song I first hear back in the seventies..I had just moved to SC in the country into a wooden shack..no. heat no air..ino job..it was just wood..holes in the wall..you could see the local fauna pass by and peek in like on lcd screen..the radio was playing that song just as I had sat onto the floor next to my dog and asked the question...WTF am I doing here? he didn't seem to mind..oblivious to eveything..he licked my face as he always did and I felt better...so it has a special significance to me..Glad those days are over..
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2012, 9:38pm by LagrimasNegras » User IP Logged

drwu23
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6592
xx Re: What music are you listening to now?
« Reply #1133 on: Aug 17th, 2012, 11:18pm »

Talking Heads were a great band..... cool


here's what I listened to today....
long track but well worth it if you like good prog.

"At the end of the day it's what you do not what you say...'
User IP Logged

Mythos
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 908
xx Re: What music are you listening to now?
« Reply #1134 on: Aug 18th, 2012, 1:42pm »

Sometime I get in a severe buying mood, I found this band today (never heard of them before) and within 20 minutes of listening I went and bought their last two CD's (one as a 2-Cd set and the other was a 3-Cd set)

The review mention Electric Ladyland (Hendrix) meets Tago Mago (Can) and that sounded interesting enough for me...

Up for a 47 minute jam?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMzz6i-FwMs&feature=related

Gonna listen to that Spock's Beard clip next, I saw them live years ago, although I never bought any of their releases...




« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2012, 1:43pm by Mythos » User IP Logged

Ground Control to Major Tom
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Take your Protien Pill and put your Helmet on...
drwu23
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6592
xx Re: What music are you listening to now?
« Reply #1135 on: Aug 18th, 2012, 11:56pm »

on Aug 18th, 2012, 1:42pm, Mythos wrote:
Sometime I get in a severe buying mood, I found this band today (never heard of them before) and within 20 minutes of listening I went and bought their last two CD's (one as a 2-Cd set and the other was a 3-Cd set)

The review mention Electric Ladyland (Hendrix) meets Tago Mago (Can) and that sounded interesting enough for me...

Up for a 47 minute jam?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMzz6i-FwMs&feature=related

Gonna listen to that Spock's Beard clip next, I saw them live years ago, although I never bought any of their releases...


I have 4 Spocks Beard cds and that one is my favorite.

I actually listened to Causa Sui about a month ago on you tube....I'm always looking for new and unusual prog. Pretty good stuff... they remind me of a jazzier more fluid version of Kyuss doing stoner psych rock.

« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2012, 12:00am by drwu23 » User IP Logged

dahur
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 825
xx Re: What music are you listening to now?
« Reply #1136 on: Aug 20th, 2012, 1:35pm »

R.I.P. Scott McKenzie (Jan 10 1939-Aug 18, 2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ_WG3d3GL8&feature=related
User IP Logged

Archangel
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 68
xx Re: What music are you listening to now?
« Reply #1137 on: Aug 22nd, 2012, 4:32pm »

Hey Mythos, I see Black Flag, heh, and no Henry Rollins?? tongue

What about DRI [Dirty Rotten Imbeciles]? Ever heard of MOD [Method of Destruction] or SOD [Stormtroopers of Death]? smiley

Cro Mags or Celtic Frost, anyone? No?

I'm listening to Black Sabbath - Nativity in Black
User IP Logged

Mythos
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 908
xx Re: What music are you listening to now?
« Reply #1138 on: Aug 23rd, 2012, 8:11pm »

on Aug 22nd, 2012, 4:32pm, Archangel wrote:
Hey Mythos, I see Black Flag, heh, and no Henry Rollins?? tongue

What about DRI [Dirty Rotten Imbeciles]? Ever heard of MOD [Method of Destruction] or SOD [Stormtroopers of Death]? smiley

Cro Mags or Celtic Frost, anyone? No?

I'm listening to Black Sabbath - Nativity in Black


Cool, no I don't recall seeing Henry Rollins without Black Flag, I was into the early 80's Southern California Music scene, I was at the Longshoreman's Hall, in Wilmington, CAL on June, 24, 1983, when these hard-core Skin-heads chased all the bouncers out of the building and began to start destroying anything they could inside, Black Flas and Dead Kennedys were playing, until the cops showed up in riot gear..

I saw Black Sabbath back around 1974 or 75, they were pretty awesome...

Sorry, but I have not heard of any of those other bands you listed. My current musical tastes are for Russian and European (countries) Psychedelic, Space Rock, Prog rock stuff, long songs with extended jams...

Bands like: Vespero, My Brother the Wind, Spacious Minds, Korai Orom, Ole Lukkole, the more obscure the better!
User IP Logged

Ground Control to Major Tom
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Take your Protien Pill and put your Helmet on...
Archangel
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 68
xx Re: What music are you listening to now?
« Reply #1139 on: Aug 23rd, 2012, 9:14pm »

Hi Mythos

Seeing Black Sabbath in the mid-70's with young Ozzy musta been totally awesome! cool

DRI was a 80's skater metal kinda band I would say

MOD was 80's speed metal-thrash metal type band

SOD was the two bands; MOD and Anthrax, who teamed together in the 80's to make a couple of albums... sounding mostly like speed-thrash metal

Cro-Mags were from a strange era in America - I learned of this group from some friends I went to school with in Dallas in the late 1980's. They would go through appearance trends and so they shaved their heads, wore all black and black combat boots. Funny thing was though, they did this as some form of statement, and they took up causes such as anti-drugs and anti-racism. They hated racist skinheads, and so I think they shaved their heads to tick them off. Anyways, it was kind of a strange rebellious way of looking at things... I used to give them a hard time about it, heh, make wise cracks tongue they were still my friends though, I didn't judge them, as long as they were not judging me, so we got along. smiley Cro-Mags was a band which appealed to this type of group of people though, they called them selves 'hardcore straightedge'

Celtic Frost was a strange group from the 80's too... I didn't get in to them too much, but some of it sounded alright.

I dunno what space rock is, but it sounds like some thing I could appreciate smiley

What is prog rock? undecided
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78  ...  285 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Become a member of the UFO Casebook Forum today and join our more than 19,000 members.

Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls