Board Logo
« Trump's "mentally ill," says Paul Krugman »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 22nd, 2017, 7:42pm


Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

*Totally FREE 24/7 Access *Your Nickname and Avatar *Private Messages

*Join today and be a part of one of the largest UFO sites on the Net.


« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27  ...  45 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: Trump's "mentally ill," says Paul Krugman  (Read 10544 times)
INT21
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3028
xx Re: Trump's "mentally ill," says Paul Krugman
« Reply #360 on: Mar 26th, 2017, 1:44pm »

Trump and Ryan are trying to blame having to pull the vote on the Democrats not supporting them.

Fact is that there were enough Republicans to get ir through if they would have all voted for it.

The bill threw too many people under the bus. It would have lead to many Republicans being ousted from their own constituencies. And they knew that.

All there is to it.

HAL
INT21
User IP Logged

Isn't it midnight, on the other side of the world.
Do you remember
the face of a pretty girl ?
INT21
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3028
xx Re: Trump's "mentally ill," says Paul Krugman
« Reply #361 on: Mar 26th, 2017, 1:53pm »

Swamp,

It seems California is fast becoming disenchanted with Trump.

His new deregulation's will play havoc with Californian emissions controls on cars and industry.

Trump is quite happy to bring back pollution in the form of coal fired power stations etc as long as some people make a buck or two out of it.

Any jobs that have been lost in the quest for better air should be considered to have been lost in the search for the greater good of everyone.

But how did Dylan put it...

....money doesn't talk,it swears
obscenity, who really cares ?
propaganda ? all is phoney....

HAL
INT21
User IP Logged

Isn't it midnight, on the other side of the world.
Do you remember
the face of a pretty girl ?
INT21
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3028
xx Re: Trump's "mentally ill," says Paul Krugman
« Reply #362 on: Mar 26th, 2017, 2:08pm »

Cosmicjbw,

..Has anyone considered that Trump is an extremely intelligent person?..

Now that really is like asking someone if they look fat in a particular dress.

HAL
INT21
User IP Logged

Isn't it midnight, on the other side of the world.
Do you remember
the face of a pretty girl ?
Reasoner
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1011
xx Re: Trump's "mentally ill," says Paul Krugman
« Reply #363 on: Mar 26th, 2017, 5:14pm »

As per topic... Trump. Mentally ill?
or Secret Putin Puppet?
or just an idiot? (addressing the comments just above where Trump's push for an up or down vote on the ACA replacement wasn't reckless but calculated to damage Ryan)

Let's consider this NEW gem of news:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-angela-merkel-nato-bill-defence-ignore-usa-germany-spending-a7650636.html

This isn't the only news site reporting this. The gist for those not clicking the link is that Trump had an invoice printed and handed to Merkel stating Germany owed ... the United States? ... billions of dollars for not funding NATO enough (interest was added in).

Is this FAKE news? Did this not happen? Is it SLANTED news, meaning it happened but is not presented in context? What if it's real news? What's the spin? Is this appropriate? Do we consider this Trump merely "making a point"?

With everything going on in the US political news cycle, we have to parse the heck out of it to make any sense of it and figure how we should feel about it, if we're being rational.

My initial thought is that this is too outlandish to be real. I don't mean that the mainstream media made this up, but rather, they bit down on the hook without doing enough due diligence in fact-checking. They want to believe this is real. Because, if this IS real? What can one say about this?

Allies don't treat each other this way. It's not even the way NATO works! I'm still searching for confirmation this actually happened before I burst a vessel.

If this is true, what do you take this as a sign of? Do you agree that he should be trying to collect this as an American debt? Or that niceties be damned, the United States needs to embarrass Germany into putting more money into NATO? Is this the sign of a responsible leader? Trump seems to go out of his way to alienate our long-standing alliances. Is this through disregard? Incompetence? Or does this have a more sinister calculation to it?

By all means, please defend the President of the United States in this matter. I'm all eyes.
User IP Logged

no more evil. bury the hatchet. there's enough bad out there, we need more good
Reasoner
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1011
xx Re: Trump's "mentally ill," says Paul Krugman
« Reply #364 on: Mar 26th, 2017, 5:24pm »

After searching, I've seen many sites claiming this is true, including The Blaze. Their take is that Trump is trolling Germany (Ho Ho Ho! So funny to troll!).

Lest anyone thinks that Trump is right:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/mar/19/donald-trump/fact-check-donald-trump-says-germany-owes-vast-sum/

"NATO members agreed to spend 2 percent of their countryís GDP on defense by 2024. But thatís not in payments to NATO. Each country funds its own defense, while NATO serves as an umbrella organization meant to protect all members."

IF YOU'RE THE POTUS, YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS! I don't care if Obama admonished low spenders - the target date is 2024, and Obama isn't the president now, Trump is. Trump has only been in office for 2 months, and he's burning through all our allies in Europe. Something is rotten and no longer in the state of Denmark!
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2017, 5:32pm by Reasoner » User IP Logged

no more evil. bury the hatchet. there's enough bad out there, we need more good
cosmicjbw
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 58
xx Re: Trump's "mentally ill," says Paul Krugman
« Reply #365 on: Mar 26th, 2017, 9:37pm »

Reasoner;

I really am curious as to why this news is not only surprising, but alarming to you.

Let me begin by saying your post was the 1st I had heard of this, other than knowing Trump had met with Merkel recently, and that the NATO funding was an issue discussed. This is nothing new with what Trump has stated numerous times during the campaign. Again, he's simply doing what he said he was going to do. I know it's a shock... i'm still taken aback too, but it is happening, and the globalists hate him for it... moreover they hate the people who voted him into office, and they hate the system for which he was elected. They have done well do bring our country down, to keep us in line, to drain our resources and rise our debt, in the end to reduce us to a 3rd world state that is controlled by a global government. This began after world war 2 as I'm sure most here know and has become that status quo every since. This is now changing and this new world order system is being dismantled. The mad dream is dying, or that is the current state.

Here is another thought about what might be behind Trump's thinking; Germany for many years has been taking us for a ride... our so-called ally has made a mockery of us. That's over. I'm not personally too broken up if we don't kiss their behinds about it, either.

Here is another issue which I feel is important; why does NATO exist? I know why NATO was created, but when the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991, NATO should have been dissolved. Instead we saw Bill Clinton use NATO as the police for the UN by attacking Serbia. Is that what we are about? Today the globalists are dying to get into a war with Russia using NATO to push into Russia's backyard and it seems they hope to antagonize Putin into attacking a NATO member. Again, and I am being serious... why does NATO exist? What purpose is it really serving? If western Europeans say the alliance is in case they are attacked again, like in world war 2... the why do they have the EU? Does western Europe not have military alliances and training among themselves through the EU? If they don't, then why not? If they do, or if they don't, it really doesn't matter because there honestly isn't any reason the US should be in Europe at all. Europe has plenty of money and tech and military power. They have nukes and even their own space program.

Sorry for the rant. But I could go on and on about all of this. Perhaps it is easier to say times are changing and it is the beginning of a new era.
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2017, 9:38pm by cosmicjbw » User IP Logged

Reasoner
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1011
xx Re: Trump's "mentally ill," says Paul Krugman
« Reply #366 on: Mar 27th, 2017, 03:11am »

on Mar 26th, 2017, 9:37pm, cosmicjbw wrote:
Reasoner;

I really am curious as to why this news is not only surprising, but alarming to you.


It's not surprising that Trump maintains that NATO countries should pay up. As you noted, he said that all along in his campaign. When he tweeted after their meeting, saying the same thing, I snorted, because of course he did. That's not the shock. The shock is that he utterly fails at diplomacy. That's like a grade school maneuver. Hand the a foreign leader an invoice? And the fact is, as I noted above, he's wrong on how the monetary goals are set up and operate. I don't know how you see him (a forceful daddy figure bringing world leaders to heel?), but I see him as an uncouth moron. My president. A crass and unthinking man who blunders through his job. I'd be a TERRIBLE leader, but I'd probably step in it less than Trump does. I wouldn't go out of my way to piss off my allies, that's for sure.

on Mar 26th, 2017, 9:37pm, cosmicjbw wrote:
Let me begin by saying your post was the 1st I had heard of this, other than knowing Trump had met with Merkel recently, and that the NATO funding was an issue discussed. This is nothing new with what Trump has stated numerous times during the campaign. Again, he's simply doing what he said he was going to do.


Once again, he said all this on the campaign trail. Then he got elected President. And then he appointed cabinet members and advisors - people one would hope would fill in the blanks on policy details and diplomatic do's and don'ts. There's such a thing as diplomatic protocol, but perhaps Trump has saved the taxpayers money by doing away with people who would advise him on that. After all, he IS the preeminent deal maker. Why have lessers around him telling him otherwise?

on Mar 26th, 2017, 9:37pm, cosmicjbw wrote:
I know it's a shock... i'm still taken aback too, but it is happening, and the globalists hate him for it... moreover they hate the people who voted him into office, and they hate the system for which he was elected. They have done well do bring our country down, to keep us in line, to drain our resources and rise our debt, in the end to reduce us to a 3rd world state that is controlled by a global government. This began after world war 2 as I'm sure most here know and has become that status quo every since. This is now changing and this new world order system is being dismantled. The mad dream is dying, or that is the current state.


There is no globalist cabal. There are plenty of global companies, doing their own thing, which in the process screws us. "They" don't hate Trump much; not since he's done everything in his power to aid them. Deregulation. Deregulation is what the big corporations and internationals love, and that's already going on. You think Trump is helping you out? He is allowing the corporations to loot this country. Unless you're a 1%er, your only hope is in the magnanimity of those corporations to follow through on trickle down and increased jobs and wages and not spirit away their increased profits to their investors. I repeat. There is no globalist cabal. It's simply capitalism. Capitalism is all well and good, but it has no morality on its own. For companies, the smart move is maximizing profit and minimizing externality costs. When unchecked, they will poison your water and air, curb your ability to unionize, raid your pensions, shake hands with "competitors" to establish monopolistic fiefdoms, and enjoy the benefits of at will employment. But hey. The American Dream has been dying for awhile; it's just been because of poor management of the country's labor force. Since many believe "it's not the job of government to interfere with business", the heads of corporations have been enjoying life at the expense of the majority of us.

on Mar 26th, 2017, 9:37pm, cosmicjbw wrote:
Here is another thought about what might be behind Trump's thinking; Germany for many years has been taking us for a ride... our so-called ally has made a mockery of us. That's over. I'm not personally too broken up if we don't kiss their behinds about it, either.


Germany... has been making a mockery of us? In what way exactly? Germany has been very grateful for what the United States has done for it since the second world war.

on Mar 26th, 2017, 9:37pm, cosmicjbw wrote:
Here is another issue which I feel is important; why does NATO exist? I know why NATO was created, but when the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991, NATO should have been dissolved. Instead we saw Bill Clinton use NATO as the police for the UN by attacking Serbia. Is that what we are about? Today the globalists are dying to get into a war with Russia using NATO to push into Russia's backyard and it seems they hope to antagonize Putin into attacking a NATO member. Again, and I am being serious... why does NATO exist? What purpose is it really serving? If western Europeans say the alliance is in case they are attacked again, like in world war 2... the why do they have the EU? Does western Europe not have military alliances and training among themselves through the EU? If they don't, then why not? If they do, or if they don't, it really doesn't matter because there honestly isn't any reason the US should be in Europe at all. Europe has plenty of money and tech and military power. They have nukes and even their own space program.


If things had gone differently with Russia, I might see your point of a NATO draw-down. But they haven't. I'm not an isolationist, and I've not see any good examples of isolationism helping anything in the world. Pissing off our allies, withdrawing from treaties, agreements, and pacts... you say, "about time"... about time for what? Remove favorable trading partnerships? Unrestricted travel ability? Guarantees of alliances when the proverbial poop hits the fan? Saying that NATO countries are trying to provoke Russia into a fight... that's Kremlin talk. Putin is nearly atavistic in his seeming desire to encroach and annex. BUT HE UNDERSTANDS SUBTLETY AND DIPLOMACY, unlike Trump. We take our toys and "go home", and you begin opening the gate for further encroachments. But I know. Screw those Europeans. They're all snobs anyways. If they can't put up a fight to save themselves, then they were just losers anyways. Oh, and BTW, an American president can't just "use NATO" to do his bidding.

on Mar 26th, 2017, 9:37pm, cosmicjbw wrote:
Sorry for the rant. But I could go on and on about all of this. Perhaps it is easier to say times are changing and it is the beginning of a new era.


We are at the beginning of a new era. Decorum is completely to the wayside, at least in terms of the presidency. Partisanship has been calcifying for some time, but now both sides are seemingly taken up with conspiracy theory, and never before have I seen the press vilified as in this day and age. (Oh yes, globalist interests to subjugate us).

People who used to be shrewd and critical thinkers are besotted with the idea of a vulgarian running the show, because regardless of his warts, he offends the left. That seems to be the long and short of it. He is the current champion of the right, and admitting he sucks would be admitting that the right made a mistake. It's easier to rationalize than to have a change of world view. The left may have galvanized the right with their smugness and condescension, but now we're all going to suffer for it. The difference is that the right will rationalize that suffering rather than accept error.
User IP Logged

no more evil. bury the hatchet. there's enough bad out there, we need more good
tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3943
xx Re: Trump's "mentally ill," says Paul Krugman
« Reply #367 on: Mar 27th, 2017, 09:24am »

Why am I a troll? Analysis anyone?

The video below is A little off topic but it doesn't seem to stop Erno..



I think this is my way of trying to ask, or figure out, because I want to know.. what lens is everyone looking through that so vehemently oppose Trump to the point where the accusations and personification of him has reached a point of such absurdity that it has nothing to do with reality, let alone facts.

In fact, what lens do you see when you look at him and say he is vulgar? He's different.. I'll concede that, but he could also be a genius.

He sure handed the old dinosaur Republicans their a** with the health care plan. Now he can really work it for the best outcome if only the dems will take their hater lens out and get a grip for a change..



User IP Logged

tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3943
xx Re: Trump's "mentally ill," says Paul Krugman
« Reply #368 on: Mar 27th, 2017, 09:37am »

@reasoner

In your last paragraphs you said "The left may have galvanized the right with their smugness and condescension, but now we're all going to suffer for it. The difference is that the right will rationalize that suffering rather than accept error."

I'm afraid you are wrong there.. it has nothing to do with smugness and condescension ... if so.. nobody noticed.. because the left has lost their minds and become infiltrated with fascists of all makes and styles. From Intafa, to the Islamists, to the SJW's, the 3rd Wave Feminists, the anti-deplorable mindset... the socialist and theocratic interests... not to mention the PC curtain over everything worthwhile talking about.


They are like lost... man... really really lost.

And people ran from them to Pepe the frog.. who makes America not just fun again but free.

« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2017, 09:38am by tommi01 » User IP Logged

LoneGunMan
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sgt. Major of the Deadly,Evil, Reptilian Hunters of America


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3325
xx Re: Trump's "mentally ill," says Paul Krugman
« Reply #369 on: Mar 27th, 2017, 12:07pm »

Lets get to the two problems that all have spoken about, NATO and the UN ! NATO. since it's inception, has been a disaster. Starting with the Korean debacle. Every time there is a coalition based on NATO and or UN members, the situation will always become a quagmire of jealousy, pecking order idiocy and basic cluster of ignorance! The indigenous population is used as cannon, rape and pillage fodder and the money spent NEVER gets to the ones harmed by the problem that was probably created by NATO or one of it's main UM member provocateur members !
Trump is right about the financing and the amounts we as a country have paid to member countries that has NEVER been paid back since WW 2! I think Finland and maybe one other country has ever even made an effort to pay it back and are ALWAYS there every year for handouts of our financial aid when their countries are doing just fine with their deficit spending knowing we are there with the open wallet! They get massive tax breaks to get their products here to sell to help their economies while putting all manner of roadblocks on our goods and services! They bitch about protectionism but use it like a cudgel to keep our goods out of their countries.
Personally, I would love for our government use the very same tactics that are used against us. Backing away from NATO and dumping that albatross known as the UN and making NATO self fund would go a long way to get us out of entanglements we have no business being involved in!
User IP Logged

De Opresso Libre! I Have Been many Men, In Many Times, I Shall Be Again!
\"The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits.\"
Plutarch



cosmicjbw
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 58
xx Re: Trump's "mentally ill," says Paul Krugman
« Reply #370 on: Mar 27th, 2017, 12:35pm »

Hi Reasoner

There is a global order. Perhaps I should make a separate thread with videos of speeches by many business and political leaders who clearly state this. They do not hide it anymore, not since Obamaís administration.

That is what this whole thing is about; we voted in Trump, not because of the false Right-Left stage show. We have rejected both parties and see them the same unified corrupt system. This is why perhaps you see so many support a different path. The old path has failed. The Democrats and Republicans are failures, and we are sick of it. We donít care about the games and power struggles and selfish liars, we want it to end. If some bad decisions are made in the course of it, then so be it. I still donít see the error though [but I do have an opened mind].

You can be critical of Trumpís way of handling Germany, I guess, but Iíll hold off on judgment to see the final results. If at the end of the day, our NATO partners start paying their part, and we are still allies with GermanyÖ then I just donít understand why you are upset. Just to let you know a little more about me; I have about 10 people who I know that are Germans who are born and raised and currently living there. I like every one of them, they are all nice people, but they are also tough and are not cupcakes like people are here in the US [no, Iím not saying that you are a cupcake, but you have to admit there are far too many wimpy people here]. Iím sure the Germans are going to be just fine. I am also part German myself. This is not a personal thing with Germany at all, itís about our nation 1st. Germany takes their negotiations as Germany 1st, and so does UK, China, Russia, and anyone else. So a big deal about nothing, IMO.

And yes, partly Trump was elected because he is not afraid to stand strong, as opposed to the Clintons and Obama, lap dogs to the globalists. We want to show we are sick and tired of it, so some forceful rhetoric might be required from time to time.

When I say globalization, and you say there is no such thing; Iím sorry my friend, but I donít know what world you are living on if you can ignore so much evidence and countless self-admissions from the conspirators themselves. That double-think just doesnít work anymore, and I think that is the main communication breakdown. Those who are awake are extremely upset and nothing is going to put that cat back in the bagÖ no spin, no false flags, nothing is going to put the veil back over the secret. Everything the globalists do now is just backfiring in their faces. I think it is because there is an evil satanic theme behind these globalists and they really want their messiah antichrist figure to appear. Obviously, God has other plans. Weíll see how it all plays out.

Before you blow a gasket and blast me with a harsh post; I just wish to say, that none of my words are designed to attack you or your right to think and speak how you feel. I say this because your last post seemed kinda tilted towards a one-sided conversation, which is not a conversation at all. That is just you yelling at me, heh. Donít worry, the part German and part Irish in me means Iím not a cupcake either. But I really would like to talk about it, rather than us just yelling at each other, which is pointless. You know, sometimes two people are just so opposite in opinion about a subject that it is near impossible to try and reach an understanding because the mindset is so polarized.

A couple of other things here; You are not fully understanding some things I had said earlier so I would like to try and clarify those.

The first being Russia; It is easy to shout someone down with political correctness tactic and claim anyone who says something in defense of Russia must be a Russian spy or something totally insane like that. Political correctness doesnít work anymore and is recognized as a tactic of the people who want to make other people feel guilty about not thinking like they do. Donít reduce down to that. I have a right to my own opinion and not have my patriotism questioned because of it. You said to me, that my comments sound like Kremlin talkÖ letís not make a big deal about it, but you and I know that is a cheesy way out of a difficult topic, and Russia is a difficult topic. Iím not saying Putin is an angel, ok?

I was actually trying to make a point about NATO and how it has been used since 1991. NATO being the second; when I brought up Bill Clinton and Serbia, I was speaking as an American and from an American perspective, I wasnít implying that other nations were not involved, but in reality it was mostly the US under the NATO logo.

I think maybe there was something in that post of mine that triggered you off a little and you got all polarized on me, though I really donít understand why. Perhaps you felt I was being harsh on you 1st? I wasnít trying to beÖ I just get energized sometimes. Iím passionate about my country and very concerned, and I think that you are too. We live in perilous times and I think it is more important to try and unite and find common ground among our fellow citizens, instead of who gets to be right. We really need to change our way of thinking or Iím afraid our country is doomed. I donít want that to happen, but fear is never an alternative.
User IP Logged

Reasoner
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1011
xx Re: Trump's "mentally ill," says Paul Krugman
« Reply #371 on: Mar 27th, 2017, 1:19pm »

on Mar 27th, 2017, 09:37am, tommi01 wrote:
@reasoner

In your last paragraphs you said "The left may have galvanized the right with their smugness and condescension, but now we're all going to suffer for it. The difference is that the right will rationalize that suffering rather than accept error."

I'm afraid you are wrong there.. it has nothing to do with smugness and condescension ... if so.. nobody noticed.. because the left has lost their minds and become infiltrated with fascists of all makes and styles. From Intafa, to the Islamists, to the SJW's, the 3rd Wave Feminists, the anti-deplorable mindset... the socialist and theocratic interests... not to mention the PC curtain over everything worthwhile talking about.


They are like lost... man... really really lost.

And people ran from them to Pepe the frog.. who makes America not just fun again but free.



Antifa and Black Bloc are just as unconscionable as white nationalists, and they do exist in the left, in small numbers. I don't personally lump all conservatives in with bigots and billionaires, because duh! The vast majority are not. Just as the vast majority of liberals aren't secretly donning masks and defacing property in the name of social justice. I'm just as guilty for making blanket statements - saying the right will rationalize rather than admit error. There are already some admitting error. I was generalizing and do think the majority (50% plus one) of conservatives engage in confirmation bias and circular reasoning when rationalizing their faith in Trump. However, I'm sick of the pejorative "Social Justice Warrior". Marginalizing people who are outspoken on increasing the rights of individuals in society is repugnant. I understand not enjoying knee-jerk reactions to un-PC comments, but calling the left whackadoodle snowflakes without reflection of the message of tolerance helps nothing. "The intolerant left" is more of the same lie that the small part represents the whole. The left is just as guilty. I call out both.

So now. Just look at the post above...

" what lens is everyone looking through that so vehemently oppose Trump to the point where the accusations and personification of him has reached a point of such absurdity that it has nothing to do with reality, let alone facts.

In fact, what lens do you see when you look at him and say he is vulgar? He's different.. I'll concede that, but he could also be a genius."


Reality? The Distorter in Chief? https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/02/24/daniel-dales-donald-trump-fact-check-updates.html
The guy doesn't slant or shade the edges of a statement to paint a picture. He outright lies. And the closest we ever get to an admission that he was lying is that he will say he was using quotes or he was quoting someone else.

What "lens" do I look at to make the claim he's vulgar?
a) the gotcha tape where he makes classless claims about grabbing on women
b) the vocabulary. Trump's vocabulary when matched up against Casebook's... his words are like a kindergartner's in comparison. I understand speaking common words to the common people, but this is who he is. In all of his statements, even far before he ran for office.
c) his apparent lack of concern for nuanced policy decisions. Not only does he goof on protocols, he doesn't seem concerned in the least. He gets policies factually wrong, but doesn't go back to amend his statements to take them into account. "It is what it is".
d) admits he doesn't read books.
e) has the taste for gaudy. Look at all his high end real estate endeavors. Gauche and gold. The guy has Vegas in his blood.

As far as being a genius? Look at what I wrote above, and include that he has frequently espoused conspiracy theory. Cases in point: birther and anti-vaxxer.

And the Pepe the Frog thing. Alt-right people took something that was obscure and oddly hilarious, and threw politics on it. While also rolling on racist crap.

What do you make of this?
http://www.alternet.org/sites/default/files/styles/story_image/public/ciovm-aweaaqoxb.jpg-large.jpeg?itok=8M3whJ1h

Making America fun and free?

Trump supporters seem not to care. Trump seems to represent some unbridled id. He lies, gets called on the lies, but seems to suffer no repercussion. He exhibits no remorse, no shame. Lies. Blames. Then offers simplistic solutions. "The best" solutions. But this does not derail his support. I can only come to the conclusion that there is no reasoning with a Trump supporter. When you can't even concede that the man is a consistent liar (his supporters claim he's the most honest politician around!) and that his ideas are untenable (build a wall! make Mexico pay for it!), there's just no ground to have a discussion on.

Enjoy your world of confirmation bias. At least you seem to be happy in it, and isn't that what life is all about? Finding happiness where you can?
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2017, 1:20pm by Reasoner » User IP Logged

no more evil. bury the hatchet. there's enough bad out there, we need more good
INT21
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3028
xx Re: Trump's "mentally ill," says Paul Krugman
« Reply #372 on: Mar 27th, 2017, 2:34pm »

Reasoner,

Maybe someone over there can answer this.

Why does America think it needs to spend so much on the military ?

It appears that You already spend more than the next seven countries put together.

Now the POTUS is going to ask for $54 Billion more.

here is the big question....

Who does he think is going to attack America in a conventional war ?


Here in Europe we have historic aggressors on almost every border; and we have a lot of borders. The ones of concern are between us and Russia.

You have two. And on the other two sides many miles of ocean.

Any attack to you will probably come via ICBM. which makes a case for anti-missile missile systems; but not Star Wars as it would not have worked as designed.

But you already have more than enough ground war machinery. And, I think, the biggest standing army in the western world.

And, of course, enough nuclear capability to destroy the world many times over; should it ever be used.

So, again the question..

Why spend so much on weaponry ?

HAL
INT21

p.s. Good to see you posting again.
User IP Logged

Isn't it midnight, on the other side of the world.
Do you remember
the face of a pretty girl ?
tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3943
xx Re: Trump's "mentally ill," says Paul Krugman
« Reply #373 on: Mar 27th, 2017, 3:14pm »

The invoice is fake:

https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/2017/03/trump-merkel-invoice-fake/

User IP Logged

tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3943
xx Re: Trump's "mentally ill," says Paul Krugman
« Reply #374 on: Mar 27th, 2017, 3:27pm »

@reasoner
Your points from a to e are subjective. There is nothing substantive in what you have said.

I'm sorry you don't like his decorating style, but have you ever seen Mar a Largo.. I've ridden a moped through it.
Trump has enough taste to preserve that beautiful architecture and he did it with taste.

He said "they let you grab them by the pu**y". It is so stupid and ridiculous (sorry but it's true) to take locker room talk from 11 years ago that was pretty freaking innocuous, to be honest, unless yo have lived like a monk and never shared a raunchy moment.. with anyone in glib humor.. Let me clue you in... Reasoner.. if you think that this is over the top vulgar, don't hang around a woman's gym locker too long... or listen in on a good female drinking session.. you would be MORTIFIED grin

Next..... if that is all you got.. Then please don the pink pussy hat and stand with dignity while you protest a man who made an offhand comment.. why not? smiley

Now what else you got?

@HAL The more weapons the more we don't have to fight, and if we do, the more we will need them. Plus what do you know about what is needed? Listened to the Sunday talk shows this weekend over C-Span and the troop's equipment is sorely needed, VA services are sorely needed and the fighters have been patched with cannibalized parts for far too long and need replenishing.

If we ever have to face the "clash of civilizations" in Trump's term, then he will have done the same as Regan, scared the Russies into capitulation.

Plus the security of having an amply armed force gives security and a lot of international money will be parked in the USA. Win Win.

« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2017, 3:39pm by tommi01 » User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27  ...  45 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Become a member of the UFO Casebook Forum today and join our more than 18,000 members.

Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls