Board Logo
« Roswell question. »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 21st, 2017, 05:11am


Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

*Totally FREE 24/7 Access *Your Nickname and Avatar *Private Messages

*Join today and be a part of one of the largest UFO sites on the Net.


« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ...  9 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: Roswell question.  (Read 19171 times)
HAL9000
Guest
xx Re: Roswell question.
« Reply #15 on: Oct 24th, 2011, 3:53pm »

N3KROTIKU5,

...My god this is scattered, sorry again..


Hey, we do scattered all the time. Hard to find a single thread that stays even close to the subject for more that five posts.

HAL wink
User IP Logged

icepick
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5931
xx Re: Roswell question.
« Reply #16 on: Oct 24th, 2011, 9:35pm »

Bonehead, sorry for no response, but I do believe I covered this in that other thread. I don't see Roswell as a steaming pile, something did happen there. What is the question. Hopefully I made it clear that, since physical evidence does not exist on either side, we must look elsewhere and still wind up with only our opinion of the truth. I came by the concept of military response as a major clue long ago. In the army. I've often wondered if they realize this, but they do have definite patterns they follow in everything. Evidence? Rendlesham may sound supreme in this department, but JAL 1628 is just as powerful, albeit from a subtle level. But all any of us has for true evidence is opinion. None of us should change those in my opinion.

GForce, I remember many of those times. UFOs were a powerful interest then. Roswell was not the only story the military managed to kill, but it was one of them. It's their enthusiasm used to kill some reports, while giving others barely a glance that screams hiding a program to me.

Hal, what do you expect? Every subject we discuss seems to be loaded with branches. What will be amazing is the day every branch leads back to the source. Which they just might, if we pursued them enough. Who knows?
User IP Logged

GForce
Mod Director
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You'll never find happiness until you find yourself!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6396
xx Re: Roswell question.
« Reply #17 on: Oct 24th, 2011, 10:28pm »

N3KROTIKU5, I think BJ is correct. I don't think a recording from the KFGL interview exists. If the station had a recording I would think the military took it. He also did an interview around the same time with a station in El Paso I believe. Station call letters I can't recall.
User IP Logged

icepick
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5931
xx Re: Roswell question.
« Reply #18 on: Oct 24th, 2011, 11:19pm »

You're right Dan, this would be tough to find if it exists at all. This is an issue. Nobody seems to collect this stuff unless they have a deep, personal interest. Even if they do, not many maintain the storage. Aurora, Texas is a great example. That's in the reproduction world now. Every medium deteriorates. Even animal hide and parchment.
User IP Logged

HAL9000
Guest
xx Re: Roswell question.
« Reply #19 on: Oct 25th, 2011, 06:10am »

JAL 1628 is the big one in my oinion.

HAL
User IP Logged

B J Booth
Administrator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1749
xx Re: Roswell question.
« Reply #20 on: Oct 25th, 2011, 09:42am »

[quote author=icepick link=board=crashes&num=1318557446&start=3#0 date=1318898930]But what does that state or imply? Much .......... or nothing. It all depends on one's viewpoint, but proves nothing. As the police love to say, move along, nothing to see here.

It says a hell of a lot. Brazel changed his story for two reasons. First of all fear, then he was rewarded with a new truck among other things.
User IP Logged

B. J. Booth, UFO Casebook Webmaster
www.ufocasebook.com
GForce
Mod Director
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You'll never find happiness until you find yourself!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6396
xx Re: Roswell question.
« Reply #21 on: Oct 25th, 2011, 12:41pm »

The sad part about Brazel and his wife is that they both died before the Roswell story caught it's second wind.
I do have to wonder if he ever confided to a friend what exactly he saw and what the tactics the military used to make him change his story. Dan
User IP Logged

ZETAR
Mod Director
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

GREAT SPIRITS ALWAYS ENCOUNTER THE MOST VIOLENT OPPOSITION FROM MEDIOCRE MINDS E=MC2


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 8148
xx Re: Roswell question.
« Reply #22 on: Oct 25th, 2011, 2:36pm »

HEY GFORCE,

THAT IS AN EXCELLENT QUESTION. SPECULATION POINTS TO MILITARY BRIEFING BRAZEL ON THE COST OF BULLETS AND HOLES IN THE DESERT...IN ADDITION TO THE AFOREMENTIONED...SWEETENING SAID INFO WITH FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE(NEW TRUCK,NEW TRACTOR,AND POCKET MONEY-ALLEGEDLY) WOULD CLEARLY PROVIDE QUITE A BIT OF INCINTIVE FOR ONE TO BE DIAGNOSED WITH "TEMPORARY AMNESIA" IF CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS GOT CURIOUS...

SHALOM...ZETAR
User IP Logged

GREAT SPIRITS ALWAYS ENCOUNTER THE MOST VIOLENT OPPOSITION FROM MEDIOCRE MINDS E=MC2
icepick
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5931
xx Re: Roswell question.
« Reply #23 on: Oct 26th, 2011, 12:11am »

on Oct 25th, 2011, 06:10am, HAL9000 wrote:
JAL 1628 is the big one in my oinion.

HAL


It's certainly got some strong points. I would love to get my hands on that military radar information. That's a combination Aegis/Look Down, Shoot Down type system. There's a lot of (missing) information to be had there.

Which is why there are so many diehard believers in Roswell probably. The military withhold information by design. The public wants the facts, but get the run around. I do fully understand. I want to know what hit the ground that night outside of Roswell myself. I would also love to know what it really was over your way back in 1980. Five consistent reports from trained observers makes me really wonder about Rendlesham.
User IP Logged

icepick
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5931
xx Re: Roswell question.
« Reply #24 on: Oct 26th, 2011, 12:18am »

on Oct 25th, 2011, 09:42am, B J Booth wrote:
[quote author=icepick link=board=crashes&num=1318557446&start=3#0 date=1318898930]But what does that state or imply? Much .......... or nothing. It all depends on one's viewpoint, but proves nothing. As the police love to say, move along, nothing to see here.

It says a hell of a lot. Brazel changed his story for two reasons. First of all fear, then he was rewarded with a new truck among other things.


But do we know this for fact? Have we got access to his bank statement at the time he purchased that truck? You see, this is all I'm saying about these Roswell reports that keep coming out. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to take people at their word. But do you know how many times I've been burned doing that? In far more things than just UFO reports. I once believed people were inherently honest. Over the years I've come to realize that is inherently false. People tell stories.

And I'm getting too old to settle for tantalizing stories. At this point I want to see some really hard, physical evidence that doesn't require interpretation. I know it exists, from one side or the other. I don't care which. I just want to see it, that's all. Call it satisfaction for a lifetime of searching. I'm not going to be noble and add truth to that. I will be honest. I want the excitement that would come from really seeing something for once.
User IP Logged

N3KR0T1CU5
New Member
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3
xx Re: Roswell question.
« Reply #25 on: Oct 26th, 2011, 05:48am »

Icepick that is sort of what I am after, more proof than rumor. Don't get me wrong I do not at all discredit witness testimony and all that, especially from such a wide body of people, but I want more than someone passing on a rumor of something like a new truck. I want to see a picture of the new truck, hell even a letter in which Brazel may have mentioned getting a ton of new stuff all of a sudden. I think my biggest downfall in this is tho I have studied articles and what not on the Roswell incident I probably haven't read the entirety of what folks like Stanton Friedman have collected. And then again my mind says, so what, maybe Friedman is only interested in making money of books, dvds, and the like. I sort of like to do my own research and decide for myself without having to worry about anybodies money making agenda. Maybe my problem is there is a lack of evidence all around to actually review?
User IP Logged

N3KR0
HAL9000
Guest
xx Re: Roswell question.
« Reply #26 on: Oct 26th, 2011, 2:55pm »

Icepick,

...I would also love to know what it really was over your way back in 1980...

Sadly, I can't help you much there. I was working in Iraq from 1980 to 1983. So I missed the whole thing.

BUT, it was in Iraq on the night of Saddat's killing that I saw what I believe to be the same three- ball of light object that is often quoted.

HAL.

p.s. just off now to watch david Attenboruogh's program about ice. I understand that he is goint to the North pole. Maybe he'll get some good pics of the hole. wink
« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2011, 2:56pm by HAL9000 » User IP Logged

icepick
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5931
xx Re: Roswell question.
« Reply #27 on: Oct 27th, 2011, 12:38am »

on Oct 26th, 2011, 05:48am, N3KR0T1CU5 wrote:
Icepick that is sort of what I am after, more proof than rumor. Don't get me wrong I do not at all discredit witness testimony and all that, especially from such a wide body of people, but I want more than someone passing on a rumor of something like a new truck. I want to see a picture of the new truck, hell even a letter in which Brazel may have mentioned getting a ton of new stuff all of a sudden. I think my biggest downfall in this is tho I have studied articles and what not on the Roswell incident I probably haven't read the entirety of what folks like Stanton Friedman have collected. And then again my mind says, so what, maybe Friedman is only interested in making money of books, dvds, and the like. I sort of like to do my own research and decide for myself without having to worry about anybodies money making agenda. Maybe my problem is there is a lack of evidence all around to actually review?


I'm with you. I want to see something solid. I have difficulty with the rumored threats a few people claimed they received as well. Like everybody is so fond of saying, things were different back then. People did what the government asked without question pretty much. Making threats would have raised suspicions back then, and not many people were of the type to put up with being treated in that manner. Personally, I highly doubt any threats were issued.

I tried to believe this story for years. But so many things make it seem dubious to me. It would be nice to know what hit the ground there, just to put this story to rest. I doubt we ever will. If it were determined, do you think the other side of the argument would believe it anyway? One thing I can say with confidence is that the material in the news story photo is definitely from a balloon. But that was a staged shot, and it probably did not come from material found at the crash site.

You drilled the issue dead center. A total lack of any credible concrete evidence on all sides. That's part of the suspicious side of the Roswell story. Nobody has anything solid, absolutely nobody. If it were not for the 1947 news article, I have a hunch that this story wouldn't exist at all.

There is one issue regarding an interstellar spacecraft as well. One I rarely mention. Anything that operates anywhere close to light speed would create an atomic level explosion, every time a grain of dust impacted its hull. For that reason alone, I wonder if merely contacting the ground at the speed of an aircraft would even damage such a craft? Those would require one tough hull, made from highly exotic, rigid material. Even if it used the deflector shield scheme as in Trek, those would prevent a mishap.

But aren't we all forgetting something here? Been there, done that .......... this is history. The answers all of us are looking for will come from the future.

We can continue to rehash this story all we want, but in my opinion we know all we need to. Food for thought is all we will ever get from this. It's old news, nothing more.
User IP Logged

icepick
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5931
xx Re: Roswell question.
« Reply #28 on: Oct 27th, 2011, 12:47am »

on Oct 26th, 2011, 2:55pm, HAL9000 wrote:
Icepick,

...I would also love to know what it really was over your way back in 1980...

Sadly, I can't help you much there. I was working in Iraq from 1980 to 1983. So I missed the whole thing.

BUT, it was in Iraq on the night of Saddat's killing that I saw what I believe to be the same three- ball of light object that is often quoted.

HAL.

p.s. just off now to watch david Attenboruogh's program about ice. I understand that he is goint to the North pole. Maybe he'll get some good pics of the hole. wink


Too bad. It would be nice to know what could get men trained to recognize every type of aircraft so up in arms, wouldn't it?

Three ball of light? As in triangle? Or WWII Foo Fighters? I can't help but notice how many of the objects sighted today sound similar to what pilots reported in the sky back then. Including parts of the Rendlesham report. That's why I developed such an interest in the gun camera footage when I realized that it exists. Seems something quite like the Foo Fighters is still with us.
User IP Logged

GForce
Mod Director
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You'll never find happiness until you find yourself!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6396
xx Re: Roswell question.
« Reply #29 on: Oct 27th, 2011, 12:48pm »

on Oct 27th, 2011, 12:38am, icepick wrote:
We can continue to rehash this story all we want, but in my opinion we know all we need to. Food for thought is all we will ever get from this. It's old news, nothing more.


I disagree with you Tim on several fronts. First off I would like to know more. I certainly don't think I know enough. I also know that somewhere lies the evidence taken at Roswell. It may be tucked away in the bowels of some military base but as long as it exists and I think it still does there's always a chance of it being brought forward.

I also think it's good to rehash and keep alive the story. Many newbies to the UFO community start with the story of Roswell. It's often the story that lights the fire or turns the light on for folks. It makes them ask questions, seek answers. That's what's needed! Because under a pile of stored papers, packed away in boxes lie answers. Maybe a UFOlogists working in the military comes across them and releases them.

While I remain skeptical of exactly what crashed at Roswell I still want answers...evidence. While I agree it's history I will add history should not be forgotten but taught and passed on to future generations. My two cents! Dan
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2011, 12:49pm by GForce » User IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4  ...  9 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Become a member of the UFO Casebook Forum today and join our more than 19,000 members.

Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls