Board Logo
« #9 The Drone Enigma A Global Search For The Truth »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 22nd, 2017, 03:01am


Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

*Totally FREE 24/7 Access *Your Nickname and Avatar *Private Messages

*Join today and be a part of one of the largest UFO sites on the Net.


« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95  ...  99 Notify Send Topic Print
 sticky  Author  Topic: #9 The Drone Enigma A Global Search For The Truth  (Read 67682 times)
tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3955
xx Re: #9 The Drone Enigma A Global Search For The Tr
« Reply #1380 on: Sep 21st, 2009, 3:33pm »

on Sep 21st, 2009, 3:24pm, Jeddyhi wrote:
Yeah. Then a sudden interest in the Drones though you never never posted previously on the topic of Ufology. Interesting in itself but I digress it could be harmless coincidence. Or not.


rolleyes Hello... angry How I got into the drones...
This is all a bit personal, but when I saw something about the drones though ufo updates, I looked it up and thought it would intrique my husband who was playing wow relentlessly... next thing I know, I'm captivated by them and he is freaking out calling me a ufo nut. Can't win.. rolleyes
User IP Logged

tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3955
xx Re: #9 The Drone Enigma A Global Search For The Tr
« Reply #1381 on: Sep 21st, 2009, 3:35pm »

on Sep 21st, 2009, 3:25pm, Radi wrote:
Well we know not a Graphics expert that's for sure..How much stock do we buy in her opinion really..Not even a good babysitter for Lev at BOT....


BOT ? A new Lev thread ? Where huh
User IP Logged

Double Nought Spy
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 1429
xx Re: #9 The Drone Enigma A Global Search For The Tr
« Reply #1382 on: Sep 21st, 2009, 3:39pm »

Tomi was just following UFO Updates...

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Tell us all about UFO Updates! Who was on there, and what were they discussing? Do you want to BS us badly enough to go and subscribe now? I have Errol's email address, not the publicly available one, so I'm sure he'd be willing to let me know about any new subs, under the circumstances. We're not buds or anything, but he likes BS about as much as I do.
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2009, 3:44pm by Double Nought Spy » User IP Logged


All sane people detest noise. --Mark Twain

DrDil
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Fighting against truth decay!!


Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4224
xx Re: #9 The Drone Enigma A Global Search For The Tr
« Reply #1383 on: Sep 21st, 2009, 3:41pm »

on Sep 21st, 2009, 1:17pm, Jeddyhi wrote:
What really amazes me with the drone hoax, is not really the hoax itself but more of the following it has garnered. The DRT was formed to focus specifically on the drones, dedicating much time and effort into what has been plainly shown to be a hoax. While that seems all good and well, one has to wonder why the special spotlight on such a dubious case that can only end with uncovering the hoaxers. Big deal! What then?

I'm quite simply perplexed at how the drones draw this attention and distinction. When compared to the Chicago O'Hare sighting, the drone case is frivilous BS. A disc was witnessed hovering over the airport by employees and pilots from different vantage points. The media was all over it. But then it became so apparent that the PTB were squashing the sighting. The FAA refused to investigate as did United Airlines. It was written off as weather phenomenon.

<snip>

Good point Jed,

A big difference between O’Hare & the Drones is (again) witnesses, in the 152 page report NARCAP released it edited the witness reports itself to ensure that those who were at risk due to employment/contractual obligations were unidentifiable.

Just in case anyone missed it here’s the conclusions:

Quote:
9.0 Summary and Conclusions

This investigation has determined that, based upon the testimony of multiple eye witnesses in different locations at O'Hare International Airport, a small physical, and apparently solid object hovered over the United Airlines concourse area for at least ten minutes or more but was not detected either by radar or visually by air traffic controllers in the tower. For this reason the object is considered a definite potential threat to flight operations at O'Hare.

Calculations have been presented which suggest that the UAP above Gate C17 possessed a high energy density that caused a hole to be produced in the cloud as it rose up through it. If the UAP was only 6.8 m in diameter the calculated power it would require to evaporate all the water droplets within a cloud column 300 m long (assuming a vertical velocity of 300m/sec.) in one second would require an average power of approximately one hundred megawatts (MW). By comparison, the steady state power (consumption) of a B-747 airplane cruising at about 0.9 Mach is approximately 60 MW. Whether or not such a heat source would impact flight safety remains to be seen.

There is theoretical evidence given in Section 8.1 dealing with safety implications to lead us to believe that, given usual non low-observable radar characteristics, the hovering object at O'Hare should have been registered on the ASR9 ORD#1 radar during its ascent into and through clouds above it.

Nevertheless, there are many reports of pilots seeing an unidentifiable airborne object that is not detected by radar as is discussed in Section 7.4. There is a small chance that the FAA's NEXRAD system may have detected the presence of a radar reflective target close to the 1,900 foot cloud base within several minutes of the reported sighting as is discussed in Section 6.4.2. However, this finding is obscured by various technical considerations that cast some doubt on this possibility.

Case 18 Main Text 97 Rev. 07/24/07 R.F.Haines et al.
It is interesting to note that the UAP very likely hovered at an altitude and location that made it impossible to see both from the main tower and the United ramp control tower because of their roof overhang and window placement.

This incident is typical of many others before it in that an unknown phenomenon was able to avoid radar contact and, thus, official recognition and effective response. When combined with the deeply entrenched bias pilots have against reporting these sightings the FAA seemingly had justifiable grounds for ignoring this particular UAP as non-existent. As Tony Molinaro, FAA spokseman said in January, "absence of any kind of factual evidence" precludes an investigation." (Kean, 2007)

NARCAP hopes that this report will contribute to the growing accumulation of factual evidence surrounding UAP and that U.S. government officials will be motivated to carry out an independent investigation of the nation's capacity to detect a much broader range of electromagnetic phenomena than heretofore.

To do otherwise is to risk grave consequences.

But to just read the conclusions is doing the original UFO report/s and the subsequent NARCAP research a massive disservice so I urge anyone who hasn’t already seen it to have a browse through the report, it is available from the UFOCasebook main page (here).

I can just imagine attempting to get the NARCAP scientists to look at the Drone sightings!! laugh

(It’s like comparing apples and oranges….. kiss)

Now play nicely folks..... grin


Cheers. smiley
User IP Logged

Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies,
Tongue-tied & twisted, just an earth-bound misfit.
TheShadow
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 299
xx Re: #9 The Drone Enigma A Global Search For The Tr
« Reply #1384 on: Sep 21st, 2009, 3:42pm »

What does WoW have to do with UFOs? I am not a WoW player but i thought it was more like a fantasy Dungeons and Dragons type game than a UFO gamehuh
User IP Logged

Jeddyhi
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 589
xx Re: #9 The Drone Enigma A Global Search For The Tr
« Reply #1385 on: Sep 21st, 2009, 3:44pm »

on Sep 21st, 2009, 3:33pm, tomi01uk wrote:
rolleyes Hello... angry How I got into the drones...
This is all a bit personal, but when I saw something about the drones though ufo updates, I looked it up and thought it would intrique my husband who was playing wow relentlessly... next thing I know, I'm captivated by them and he is freaking out calling me a ufo nut. Can't win.. rolleyes


So you admit to having no experience in the field of Ufology prior to the drones and falling for them hook line and sinker with virtually no knowledge of Ufology, hoaxes or disinfo. How could you expect to differentiate between a real sighting and a hoax with no experience to guide you? As someone new to the field, you jumped in the deep end and started defending the drone case with vigor.

Your debut into Ufology with your stalwart support of the drones just seems a little.....odd?
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2009, 3:58pm by Jeddyhi » User IP Logged

"Nothing will ever claim ownership of the original Drone information, so copyright is not a question. Use it."- Masker33
tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3955
xx Re: #9 The Drone Enigma A Global Search For The Tr
« Reply #1386 on: Sep 21st, 2009, 3:50pm »

on Sep 21st, 2009, 3:39pm, Double Knit Spy wrote:
Tomi was just following UFO Updates...

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Tell us all about UFO Updates! Who was on there, and what were they discussing? Do you want to BS us badly enough to go and subscribe now? I have Errol's email address, not the publicly available one, so I'm sure he'd be willing to let me know about any new subs, under the circumstances. We're not buds or anything, but he likes BS about as much as I do.


I used to subscribe to ufo updates even b4 it became a closed list. I was there ages ago, almost since the beginning. I've always had an interest in ufo's. But didn't talk about it much and never posted, only lurked, but I've always been on that list.

see:

>>What annoys me most about the 'token sceptics' - the doubters
>>rolled out at every TV show or news article on the paranormal -
>>is that most of the time they never seem to address the topic
>>grinirectly and say something irrelevant.
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2009, 3:52pm by tommi01 » User IP Logged

tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3955
xx Re: #9 The Drone Enigma A Global Search For The Tr
« Reply #1387 on: Sep 21st, 2009, 3:55pm »

on Sep 21st, 2009, 3:42pm, TheShadow wrote:
What does WoW have to do with UFOs? I am not a WoW player but i thought it was more like a fantasy Dungeons and Dragons type game than a UFO gamehuh


WOW widows support group was where sys tracked my name to b4 the drones...
User IP Logged

YourWorstNightmare
Guest
xx Re: #9 The Drone Enigma A Global Search For The Tr
« Reply #1388 on: Sep 21st, 2009, 3:55pm »

Yes Double ..they must have happened 2004, same year period time stamp as that massive blooper on the sister Dronesite that came down quickly , whicj nemo mentioned after but failed to mention that glaring mistake..its also when she registered at ATS oin 2007 and never posted until the drones. The background was as shallow as one can get if the nick and her alleged real name are googled..All background info on real name point to Florida, not UK.
Compare that to Jeddyhi where under his real name extensive ufological conversations datiing to 1980s are found..In fact same for our other members..She simply vaporizes..I do love those sweet endearing vignettes of the neglecting and misunderstanding husband playing wow. Other than the varnish she worked with years ago..and which is apparently not in shortage here, there is no history save the heart attack brochure she published, and which she intends to induce in you if you believe one iota of what she says. She has less credibility than Numbers, if ever he had any at all which we know..he did not..
Agenda? Yes Distraction? yes..
Someone wants to get to bottom of it..yet doesnt take notes..puhlease...
Truthful? not from day one..
Cheers

« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2009, 3:57pm by YourWorstNightmare » User IP Logged

tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3955
xx Re: #9 The Drone Enigma A Global Search For The Tr
« Reply #1389 on: Sep 21st, 2009, 3:56pm »

on Sep 21st, 2009, 3:44pm, Jeddyhi wrote:
So you admit to having no experience in the field of Ufology prior to the drones and falling for them hook line and sinker with virtually no knowledge of Ufology, hoaxes or disinfo. How could you expect to differentiate between a real sighting and a hoax with no experience to guide you?


I have had more than the average interest in ufo's but I was totally unfamiliar with the forum venue about them except that in 2004 I made an account at ATS and read there occassionally. Never posted. Totally unfamiliar with the whole scene here and at OM that's for sure..
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2009, 3:59pm by tommi01 » User IP Logged

DrDil
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Fighting against truth decay!!


Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4224
xx Re: #9 The Drone Enigma A Global Search For The Tr
« Reply #1390 on: Sep 21st, 2009, 3:57pm »

on Sep 21st, 2009, 3:42pm, TheShadow wrote:
What does WoW have to do with UFOs? I am not a WoW player but i thought it was more like a fantasy Dungeons and Dragons type game than a UFO game??

That’s a little unfair Shads, you’re putting words in her mouth……

She didn’t compare the Drones to UFOs but rightly associated them with, as you say, “fantasy” or at least a substitute for such. wink

on Sep 21st, 2009, 3:50pm, tomi01uk wrote:
I used to subscribe to ufo updates even b4 it became a closed list. I was there ages ago, almost since the beginning. I've always had an interest in ufo's. But didn't talk about it much and never posted, only lurked, but I've always been on that list.

I cancelled my subscription a few months back, it seemed to becoming more of a pulpit for Ufology’s station masters of yesteryear to reinforce old-skool UFOlogy rather than current, or at times relevant, discussion of any description, but having said that I may subscribe again at some point in the future…..

Cheers. smiley
User IP Logged

Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies,
Tongue-tied & twisted, just an earth-bound misfit.
TheShadow
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 299
xx Re: #9 The Drone Enigma A Global Search For The Tr
« Reply #1391 on: Sep 21st, 2009, 4:00pm »

on Sep 21st, 2009, 3:55pm, tomi01uk wrote:
WOW widows support group was where sys tracked my name to b4 the drones...


Nice distraction but we both know i was talking about you claiming hubby played WORLD OF WARCRAFT.....
User IP Logged

DrDil
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Fighting against truth decay!!


Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4224
xx Re: #9 The Drone Enigma A Global Search For The Tr
« Reply #1392 on: Sep 21st, 2009, 4:01pm »

on Sep 21st, 2009, 3:55pm, YourWorstNightmare wrote:
Yes Double ..they must have happened 2004, same year period time stamp as that massive blooper on the sister Dronesite that came down quickly , whicj nemo mentioned after but failed to mention that glaring mistake..its also when she registered at ATS oin 2007 and never posted until the drones. The background was as shallow as one can get if the nick and her alleged real name are googled..All background info on real name point to Florida, not UK.
Compare that to Jeddyhi where under his real name extensive ufological conversations datiing to 1980s are found..In fact same for our other members..She simply vaporizes..I do love those sweet endearing vignettes of the neglecting and misunderstanding husband playing wow. Other than the varnish she worked with years ago..and which is apparently not in shortage here, there is no history save the heart attack brochure she published, and which she intends to induce in you if you believe one iota of what she says. She has less credibility than Numbers, if ever he had any at all which we know..he did not..
Agenda? Yes Distraction? yes..
Someone wants to get to bottom of it..yet doesnt take notes..puhlease...
Truthful? not from day one..
Cheers


Just call my name and.....
User IP Logged

Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies,
Tongue-tied & twisted, just an earth-bound misfit.
Double Nought Spy
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 1429
xx Re: #9 The Drone Enigma A Global Search For The Tr
« Reply #1393 on: Sep 21st, 2009, 4:01pm »

Once again, the DRT finds itself in a familiar position...

User Image
User IP Logged


All sane people detest noise. --Mark Twain

tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3955
xx Re: #9 The Drone Enigma A Global Search For The Tr
« Reply #1394 on: Sep 21st, 2009, 4:21pm »

on Sep 21st, 2009, 4:00pm, TheShadow wrote:
Nice distraction but we both know i was talking about you claiming hubby played WORLD OF WARCRAFT.....


Well I'm really not sure what you are talking about..
you don't know any hardened WOW players obviously tho....

Also: I purposely keep as light a footprint as possible out on the internet.. (save this drone business) because I have clients (not just my husband) who would be mortified .. rolleyes If they knew how "fringe" my interests are.

« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2009, 4:28pm by tommi01 » User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95  ...  99 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Become a member of the UFO Casebook Forum today and join our more than 19,000 members.

Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls