Board Logo
« Drone Discussion #10 »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 13th, 2017, 07:11am


Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

*Totally FREE 24/7 Access *Your Nickname and Avatar *Private Messages

*Join today and be a part of one of the largest UFO sites on the Net.


« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25  ...  100 Notify Send Topic Print
 sticky  Author  Topic: Drone Discussion #10  (Read 70264 times)
murnut
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 615
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #330 on: Sep 30th, 2009, 9:31pm »

What's wrong with this picture?

User Image
User IP Logged

You want a revolution?
You've got to make a difference on your own
You want a revolution?
Stand up, stand out and make it known
Radi
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM


Posts: 176
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #331 on: Sep 30th, 2009, 9:39pm »

on Sep 30th, 2009, 9:08pm, tomi01uk wrote:
How much value the claim is depends on to what degree the use of that copyright material has on the market and to what degree it was used (violated) for profit. This is where the jury will figure in the most, because violation will have already been established in previous extensive legal tests from prior cases in copyright law.

No company wants to get to this point. By the time they do the product will have dried up in the market.
A copyright violation has the ability to request customs to seize the property at the point of transit into the USA.

edit to add: This is why, earlier, when AlienWare was just using a little of the LAP in the case design I thought it not significant enough to overcome the public domain aspect, but now, they are going full hog and I suspect that puts them right where a NY law firm would be interested....


Then sue them.......Its a very weak case..But like I said anybody can sue anybody for anything in the US...You just need to find the right lawyer......
Why you even bring a jury in this is a question..Its like you are preparing the case for the copyright holder..wink
Could be messy......The copyright holders Could also leave themselves open for lawsuits after this case..
Like the people who wasted time and put effort into this HOAX...
Its not really anything to be concerned about like the size of the LAP..... wink smiley wink wink
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2009, 9:54pm by Radi » User IP Logged

TheShadow
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 299
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #332 on: Sep 30th, 2009, 9:42pm »

on Sep 30th, 2009, 9:31pm, murnut wrote:
What's wrong with this picture?


Yea I wondered about that myself??
User IP Logged

Sheepdog
Junior Member
ImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 39
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #333 on: Sep 30th, 2009, 9:52pm »

I saw that too.
Can't explain it.
But you can take my word I am not Tomi.
Nor she I.
Could be some bug?
Maybe I copied her "last edited" part of text and pasted by error then entered?
Two posts collided passing in the night?
Really don't know but do recall pressing enter at some point and something not looking right.
Weird but nothing to be suspicious of.
Believe me, seriously.
No fault or association with Tomi. Seriously.
User IP Logged

neveleeleven
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 227
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #334 on: Sep 30th, 2009, 9:56pm »

Yes, I would like to know how StaffLetter666 has an "edit by tomiuk" link on his post. Also, why is it like a double post?

From experience, I can only think of one way that would be possible....

grin

-Oh and hello everyone!

User IP Logged

Romans 12:6
Radi
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM


Posts: 176
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #335 on: Sep 30th, 2009, 9:56pm »

on Sep 30th, 2009, 9:52pm, StaffLetter666 wrote:
I saw that too.
Can't explain it.
But you can take my word I am not Tomi.
Nor she I.
Could be some bug?
Maybe I copied her "last edited" part of text and pasted by error then entered?
Two posts collided passing in the night?
Really don't know but do recall pressing enter at some point and something not looking right.
Weird but nothing to be suspicious of.
Believe me, seriously.
No fault or association with Tomi. Seriously.


hehe I did that before then posted it but saw it right away and changed it..I guess the previews are a good thing....Thou I still never use it... laugh
User IP Logged

murnut
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 615
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #336 on: Sep 30th, 2009, 10:04pm »

I just thought it was odd...I figured it is/was some kind of software glitch...I just never saw that type of "error" before
User IP Logged

You want a revolution?
You've got to make a difference on your own
You want a revolution?
Stand up, stand out and make it known
neveleeleven
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 227
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #337 on: Sep 30th, 2009, 10:20pm »

on Sep 30th, 2009, 8:55pm, tomi01uk wrote:
Like this is really going to keep them awake at night while they are living in the Virgin Islands on their yachts.. grin

Bad bad hoaxers !! no no no!


Tomi, listen carefully.

Isaac pretended to be a federal agent (D.O.D.), and also pretend to have a security clearance with access to secret documents. That is illegal, and is a felony.

If he filed a lawsuit, all of that would come to light because he would have to explain how Alienware got the documents. That means he would probably get sent to jail for impersonating a federal agent.

Also, he would have to prove that he lost money from Alienware's copywrite infringement. He didn't loose money... so he has no case.

Tomi, since nobody is coming forward and claiming ownership of the LAP then, WHY DON'T YOU? You can fake having the source, you can lie and say you created the LAP, and you can claim copywrite infringement against Alienware, and nobody would be able to prove you are not Isaac. So, if you think there is millions of dollars involved, why don't you pretend to be Isaac and sue Aleinware?

The mundane truth is, the LAP is a piece of sh!t. It probably took the creator(s) a couple hours to make at least. To them, it's an expendable piece of art. Worthless.

Hey, I could sue Google. I have a website with copywrite images that show up on Google Images.... Nope, wont work. It's called "Fair Use".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

I'm surprise with your "expertise", Tomi, that you never heard of "Fair Use"....
User IP Logged

Romans 12:6
Radi
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM


Posts: 176
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #338 on: Sep 30th, 2009, 10:29pm »

on Sep 30th, 2009, 8:44pm, donkeykong wrote:
You guys really need to step awaaay from the drones.

Leave them be. Everything has been said, several times over and has become cyclical. I don't know why either side carry it on anymore.

If it is hoaxed, then everyone leaving it alone for a few years might take the pressure off someone wanting to admit to it all. Or not, but you'll never know.

Anyway, that's all. Hope all of you are well.

Kris


Hello Kris..It seems to more about Tomi then drones..hehe laugh smiley

on Sep 30th, 2009, 10:20pm, neveleeleven wrote:
Tomi, listen carefully.

Isaac pretended to be a federal agent (D.O.D.), and also pretend to have a security clearance with access to secret documents. That is illegal, and is a felony.

If he filed a lawsuit, all of that would come to light because he would have to explain how Alienware got the documents. That means he would probably get sent to jail for impersonating a federal agent.


Yes and you know that AW lawyers will capitalize on this very aspect.....Jury or judge will frown upon this also and then the case is pretty much lost because they have no creditability and are just that criminals.....
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2009, 10:34pm by Radi » User IP Logged

Klatunictobarata
Guest
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #339 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 12:30am »

on Sep 30th, 2009, 7:41pm, tomi01uk wrote:
Take every detail I've laid out here and test it in research about copyright law. You will see I know exactly what I'm talking about, that is why I'm doing it so confidently right now. I do about this aspect of law. I won't say how, except I do know a great deal more about it than I ever wished to .. lipsrsealed



I'm a bit confused Tomi:

I thought you were a Brit and didn't live or work in the United States.

So how come you claim to know so much about the U.S. copyright laws and so forth?

It now seems that you are building a case for your actually living in our country as a citizen or legal resident in Florida as some here (and elsewhere) have put forth...
User IP Logged

Klatunictobarata
Guest
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #340 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 12:50am »

Look, I have been following this for so long that my head hurts at times.

The whole Alienware shtick is highly overrated.

First of all, who the HELL would go out and buy an expensive computer for its cute alien head logo motif OR the 'mysterious' CARET/LAP diagramming or cool alien alphabet that is not really that impressive at all? Children perhaps?

Notice that the "mysterious' graphics and LAP/alphabet are only imprinted on the actual product line...as if the words ISAAC and CARET has to be steered clear of for fear of violating some copyright or servicemark.

And consider the highly overrated use of private investigators as a way to add value to this affair.

In California, where I live, two retired law enforcement employees reach retirement and decide to become private investigators to supplement their retirement benefits.
Per CA. law, it is so darn easy to do.

And this is supposed to 'enhance' what exactly?

A 'Mom 'n Pop retiree' investigation isn't really prestigious at all, is it?

Yet one indeed wonders why a few keep coming back, and back, and back, almost on cue, to defend...WHAT EXACTLY?
User IP Logged

tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3955
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #341 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 03:38am »

on Sep 30th, 2009, 10:20pm, neveleeleven wrote:
Tomi, listen carefully.



I'll try...

Quote:
Isaac pretended to be a federal agent (D.O.D.), and also pretend to have a security clearance with access to secret documents. That is illegal, and is a felony.



NA to intellectual property law at all. And who is going to prosecute him, her or them? Nobody.

Quote:
If he filed a lawsuit, all of that would come to light because he would have to explain how Alienware got the documents. That means he would probably get sent to jail for impersonating a federal agent.



NA again and you are dreaming... not a chance.

Quote:
Also, he would have to prove that he lost money from Alienware's copywrite infringement. He didn't loose money... so he has no case.



You may know how to do creative work, I know about copyright law. I don't profess to know how to use lightwave, I suggest you don't profess to know how to sue for copyright infringement.

If a company the size of Dell is plastering your design all over their product and using it to market said product, as extensively as AlienWare is doing.. You have lost income and your design has been used to profit another company. This is lost income, believe me.

Quote:
Tomi, since nobody is coming forward and claiming ownership of the LAP then, WHY DON'T YOU? You can fake having the source, you can lie and say you created the LAP, and you can claim copywrite infringement against Alienware, and nobody would be able to prove you are not Isaac. So, if you think there is millions of dollars involved, why don't you pretend to be Isaac and sue Aleinware?



You're trivialising and distracting from facts. To apply for a copyright with the Library of Congress when infringement is the case requires a submission of proof of creation. Any human who created the LAP must be able to prove they created it in the original material they submit.

Quote:
The mundane truth is, the LAP is a piece of sh!t. It probably took the creator(s) a couple hours to make at least. To them, it's an expendable piece of art. Worthless.



So much a pos that AlienWare has incorporated it into their product design and marketing.. that's a wealth of pos for you .. smiley

Quote:
Hey, I could sue Google. I have a website with copywrite images that show up on Google Images.... Nope, wont work. It's called "Fair Use".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use



Fair use is not what is happening with Alienware using the LAP to the extent it is doing, if they were contested by the originator of the LAP. Believe me or not. Ask a good Intellectual Property Rights lawyer.

Quote:
I'm surprise with your "expertise", Tomi, that you never heard of "Fair Use"....



Is Alienware profiting by marketing their computers with the imagery of the LAP used in the product design as well as the marketing? Yes. How is that fair use, esquire?
User IP Logged

tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3955
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #342 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 03:44am »

on Sep 30th, 2009, 10:29pm, Radi wrote:
Yes and you know that AW lawyers will capitalize on this very aspect.....Jury or judge will frown upon this also and then the case is pretty much lost because they have no creditability and are just that criminals.....


Not a chance. Not applicable at all.
User IP Logged

tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3955
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #343 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 03:49am »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 12:50am, Klatunictobarata wrote:
Look, I have been following this for so long that my head hurts at times.

The whole Alienware shtick is highly overrated.

First of all, who the HELL would go out and buy an expensive computer for its cute alien head logo motif OR the 'mysterious' CARET/LAP diagramming or cool alien alphabet that is not really that impressive at all? Children perhaps?



I'm getting sick of arguing my point. But this is an important aspect to consider at this point in the drone saga.

Quote:
Notice that the "mysterious' graphics and LAP/alphabet are only imprinted on the actual product line...as if the words ISAAC and CARET has to be steered clear of for fear of violating some copyright or servicemark.



The words "Isaac and Caret" have NOTHING to do with the LAP design as a creative work.

Quote:
And consider the highly overrated use of private investigators as a way to add value to this affair.



Again, this has nothing to do with copyright law infringement.

User IP Logged

tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3955
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #344 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 04:12am »

When copyright infringement has occured the creator of said work uses a different process to register their work with the Library of Congress as quickly as possible.

The Library of Congress has every process in place to assist the submitter in expiditing the registration process. It costs (if I remember correctly) about 800 dollars to process each submission in this way.

The personnel in the Library of Congress are extremely knowlegable and able to qualify the submission personally for you.

An important point I'm trying to make here is that extreme remedies are in place for copyright violation and this includes seizure orders on products, after the lawsuit is served. Sue the manufacturer and the distributors and this gets their attention immediately. It ceases the marketing of the product quite effectively.

Why, if the LAP was done by human hands, should the creators not seek compensation from Dell? Public domain precidents aside, with enough profit motive, as now occuring in the AlienWare use of the LAP design, a NY law firm would be interested in this case due to the deep pockets involved and extensive use of the design.
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2009, 04:44am by tommi01 » User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25  ...  100 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Become a member of the UFO Casebook Forum today and join our more than 19,000 members.

Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls