Board Logo
« Drone Discussion #10 »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 19th, 2017, 5:38pm


Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

*Totally FREE 24/7 Access *Your Nickname and Avatar *Private Messages

*Join today and be a part of one of the largest UFO sites on the Net.


« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28  ...  100 Notify Send Topic Print
 sticky  Author  Topic: Drone Discussion #10  (Read 50551 times)
TheShadow
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 299
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #375 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 10:50am »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 10:09am, tomi01uk wrote:
What is the motivation behind something as stupid as the above remark? Except to deflect from any real consideration of what is going on in this saga?

Obviously I can't claim copyright over the LAP and only the creator (s) of that design can assert their rights with AlienWare or Dell. But I can bring it to everyone's attention that this is not being done, and ask why not?



Honestly the motivation is to get you to put up or shut up!! Neither of which is gonna happen!

Why couldnt you or your vast network of friends file a suit on behalf of isaac? If for no other reason to get some answers. Take some of that PI $$$ and hire an attorney that needs a little publicity. Hell there are frivilous lawsuits filed everyday for any number of reasons.

We all know why.....because you know the truth and simply want to push you BS agenda!

Please answer this....which is more likely

1 Alienware was involved in the creation of the drones and LAP

2. The drones and LAP are alien in nature?
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2009, 10:51am by TheShadow » User IP Logged

tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3952
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #376 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 10:52am »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 10:50am, TheShadow wrote:
Honestly the motivation is to get you to put up or shut up!! Neither of which is gonna happen!

Why couldnt you or your vast network of friends file a suit on behalf of isaac? If for no other reason to get some answers. Take some of that PI $$$ and hire an attorney that needs a little publicity. Hell there are frivilous lawsuits filed everyday for any number of reasons.

We all know why.....because you know the truth and simply want to push you BS agenda!


Why don't you educate yourself about the points I've made before you dismiss off hand what are facts.

And before you make preposterous suggestions as well..

What is there in any of this that you don't like? I'm not saying it's not a hoax... so you can't attack me there.

What is it now that disturbs you so greatly about the point I've made of no copyright claims being made?

What do you hope to win in this? I'm just posturing something which needs to be put out for consideration. What is your problem with this if you are interested in the truth as you so rabidly express from time to time.. ??
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2009, 10:57am by tommi01 » User IP Logged

Radi
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM


Posts: 176
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #377 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 10:57am »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 10:52am, tomi01uk wrote:
Why don't you educate yourself about the points I've made before you dismiss offhand what are facts.

And before you make preposterous suggestions as well..

Anything you bring up Tomi is preposterous.........You have made your points so why keep pushing the points...To keep talking about them...To keep talking about this for the PIs and gain more for their uhh TOUR........
Or are you talking about it because its something you seen at your ex-members website..................And no-body wants to discuss it there....
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2009, 11:00am by Radi » User IP Logged

tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3952
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #378 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 11:01am »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 10:50am, TheShadow wrote:
Please answer this....which is more likely

1 Alienware was involved in the creation of the drones and LAP

2. The drones and LAP are alien in nature?


If those are your only two plausible explainations then I think you might need to practice thinkng a bit more often.. than spouting out critcisms without engaging brain.
User IP Logged

TheShadow
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 299
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #379 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 11:01am »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 10:52am, tomi01uk wrote:
Why don't you educate yourself about the points I've made before you dismiss off hand what are facts.

And before you make preposterous suggestions as well..

What is there in any of this that you don't like? I'm not saying it's not a hoax... so you can't attack me there.

What is it now that disturbs you so greatly about the point I've made of no copyright claims being made?

What do you hope to win in this? I'm just posturing something to consider which needs to be put out for consideration. What is your problem with this if you are interested in the truth as you so rabidly express from time to time.. ??


My problem with this is you babble just to babble and make absolutely no sense whatsoever! It has been explained to you seven ways to Sunday reasons why and you still insist you are right and all of us are wrong. You are making a damn fool of yourself on a daily basis bringing up crap just to keep this HOAX alive!!

ALIENWARE is obviously involved!!! CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT!!! THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY THEIR LAWYERS WOULD ALLOW THEM TO RISK A LAWSUIT IF THEIR BUTTS WERENT COVERED!!!! It is not rocket science and you do not need to be an expert to realize this.

My point is you claim to want answers I am suggesting a venue for you to get them! Just becase your dumb ass cant comprehend reality is not my problem!
User IP Logged

TheShadow
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 299
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #380 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 11:06am »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 11:01am, tomi01uk wrote:
If those are your only two plausible explainations then I think you might need to practice thinkng a bit more often.. than spouting out critcisms without engaging brain.


Did i say these were the only answers?? NO!!!

I asked which do you believe is more likely.....but i see as usual reason cant pass threw that thick numb skull of yours!!
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2009, 11:08am by TheShadow » User IP Logged

tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3952
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #381 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 11:28am »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 11:01am, TheShadow wrote:
[quote]

ALIENWARE is obviously involved!!! CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT!!! THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY THEIR LAWYERS WOULD ALLOW THEM TO RISK A LAWSUIT IF THEIR BUTTS WERENT COVERED!!!! It is not rocket science and you do not need to be an expert to realize this.



Ok so you are saying then that given the facts about copyright law that I've posted here, you find conclusive proof positive that Dell computers division called AlienWare put the drone saga into play? So, that they could one day utilise the LAP?

This is your reasoning? Your proof??

User IP Logged

tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3952
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #382 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 11:35am »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 11:01am, TheShadow wrote:
THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY THEIR LAWYERS WOULD ALLOW THEM TO RISK A LAWSUIT IF THEIR BUTTS WERENT COVERED!!!!!


Calculated risks exist in business as in everything. I'm sure their lawyers have contingency plans in place. The reality of the situation will be different though and the lawyers know this. The company will want the insurance company to settle, the insurance company will want to contend the case, there will be a pass the buck phase in all of this where Dell/AlienWare is at odds with their insurance company.. it gets complicated...

edit to add: Whenever a lawsuit is initiated at this level the claims in the lawsuit will always be sure to include sufficient known grounds to trip the defendents insurance coverage. This is how it is done.
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2009, 11:39am by tommi01 » User IP Logged

Marvin
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Mmm, yes, very curious, very interesting....


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1119
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #383 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 11:39am »

on Sep 30th, 2009, 6:49pm, tomi01uk wrote:
OMG.... first of all... who ever did this is beyond being a "designer", the group behind this is showing no profit motive whatsoever so far..


How do you know if there is or isnít any profit motive? Are you on the inside of this group?


on Oct 1st, 2009, 07:59am, tomi01uk wrote:
Marvin, what logic tells you that AlienWare produced the drone saga just to benefit by using the LAP design?



I do not recall discussing AlienWare... heck, the PIs are making money off of this stuff (and others too), not just AW.



But that whole line of questioning is to totally miss my point... the point of knowing the hoaxer is not making any money from this deal. How do you know this information?

How do you know there isn't a "back door" deal where... if "this group" can "fool the public" with the BB Drones (photos, art work and story line) and keep it going for an extended period of time... there isn't something (profitable) in it for the group?

How you say there is no profit (as if it were a fact)?


User IP Logged

Oh Goody! My Illudiom Pu-36 Explosive Space Modulator!

User Image

"You naughty earth specimens!"
tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3952
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #384 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 11:56am »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 11:39am, Marvin wrote:
How do you know if there is or isnít any profit motive? Are you on the inside of this group?



Of course not.

Quote:
I do not recall discussing AlienWare... heck, the PIs are making money off of this stuff (and others too), not just AW.



A negligible amount of money if you suggest tickets to a convention or a subscription to a website or the pay given to the PI's would be worth the investment of deploying the drone saga. IMO.

Quote:
But that whole line of questioning is to totally miss my point... the point of knowing the hoaxer is not making any money from this deal. How do you know this information?



How do you consider money is being made off the drone saga except for the relatively insignificant revenues mentioned above? Except by Dell computers that is...

Quote:
How do you know there isn't a "back door" deal where... if "this group" can "fool the public" with the BB Drones (photos, art work and story line) and keep it going for an extended period of time... there isn't something (profitable) in it for the group?



Like I'm trying to point out, there has to be some motive.. And if it is money it's not coming to light from what? That would be my first instinct, follow the motive and the motive is usually money. But subscription sales and door tickets, teeshirt and mugs and forum hits are not where I would start with the motivation to create this kind of saga.

Quote:
How you say there is no profit (as if it were a fact)?




Where is money being made? Obviously there has to be some compensation coming to someone for not exploiting the copyright legal claims re: the exploited LAP by Dell.
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2009, 11:59am by tommi01 » User IP Logged

DrDil
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Fighting against truth decay!!


Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4224
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #385 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 12:02pm »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 09:51am, tomi01uk wrote:
Yeah, well put some proof where your words are then. Find me anything to prove I'm wrong in what I'm saying here about copyright law. You won't, because I speak from first hand knowledge and experience.

on Sep 30th, 2009, 5:56pm, tomi01uk wrote:
AlienWare created a trademark when they used a derivative work from the LAP. That would normally trigger a response, but it didn't. They slowly incorporated more and increasing replications of the design into their products and the marketing of their products. Assured possibly by no longer having the 2 year limit of contesting copyright to fear, they have gone full use with many original elements of the design.

on Sep 30th, 2009, 6:59pm, tomi01uk wrote:
Because the whole identity of that line and their marketing is now built on almost exact replication of the LAP.

Whoop, there it is!!

"ALMOST"

on Sep 30th, 2009, 8:38pm, tomi01uk wrote:
Impossible. The LAP is a creative work that stands on its own merit.

As is Alienware's font and they HAVE corroborated this in WRITING, haven't they?

Everyone has offered their reasons and they are in fact many, but if you're waiting for confirmation that you're right Tomi it just isn't coming as no-one believes this is so.

on Sep 30th, 2009, 9:08pm, tomi01uk wrote:
This is why, earlier, when AlienWare was just using a little of the LAP in the case design I thought it not significant enough to overcome the public domain aspect, but now, they are going full hog and I suspect that puts them right where a NY law firm would be interested....

on Sep 30th, 2009, 8:57pm, tomi01uk wrote:
AlienWare now building the entire personna of a line of computers and its marketing on the LAP is not substancial? hmmmmm wonder what is then rolleyes

on Oct 1st, 2009, 03:38am, tomi01uk wrote:
If a company the size of Dell is plastering your design all over their product and using it to market said product, as extensively as AlienWare is doing.. You have lost income and your design has been used to profit another company. This is lost income, believe me.
Fair use is not what is happening with Alienware using the LAP to the extent it is doing

As I said many, many posts ago, AW have copied a couple of similarly looking schematics on the inside of their aurora cases, where is this full marketing campaign centered around the LAP that you speak of?

Cheers. smiley
User IP Logged

Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies,
Tongue-tied & twisted, just an earth-bound misfit.
tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3952
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #386 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 12:13pm »

Derivative work is where the elements of the original creative work are sporatically utilised or changed in a significant way in order to render the new design significantly original in its own right.

This is not the case with what I've seen recently with Alienware's marketing. There is no signficant alteration from the original design. In fact, quite the opposite.. which is what inspired me to point out the fact they are in violation at this point of fully utilising the design of the LAP to their own benefit.
User IP Logged

DrDil
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Fighting against truth decay!!


Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4224
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #387 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 12:27pm »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 12:13pm, tomi01uk wrote:
Derivative work is where the elements of the original creative work are sporatically utilised or changed in a significant way in order to render the new design significantly original in its own right.

This is not the case with what I've seen recently with Alienware's marketing. There is no signficant alteration from the original design. In fact, quite the opposite.. which is what inspired me to point out the fact they are in violation at this point of fully utilising the design of the LAP to their own benefit.

Edited for clarity: Míkay but I think that both are derivatives.....

Anyway what are you looking at to justify this mass-marketing implementation of the LAP, is it just the duplicated (i.e. the same on both machines) imprint on the inside of the new cases? (Using their OWN Ďtrade-marked font)?

Cheers. smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2009, 12:38pm by DrDil » User IP Logged

Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies,
Tongue-tied & twisted, just an earth-bound misfit.
tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3952
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #388 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 12:55pm »

When I saw the pictures of their display at the convention and the inside of the desktop machines, there was little if any real derivative work IMO and mostly a copy albeit slightly stylised in some areas.

The point is, that all along they have taken greater liberties with incorporating into their marketing more and more elements of the LAP.

Here is a website on marketing commenting on that:

http://www.wireworldmedia.co.uk/news/space-alien-technology-or-viral-marketing-campaign-
User IP Logged

redlite
Junior Member
ImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 37
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #389 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 1:53pm »

The Premise: Inserting 100lbs of steaming hooey into a 10lb sack.

Anonymity is fun! Coward Issac thinks so too...

The last post day-before-yesterday @ 11:49PM was Blackwaters' question 'how do you kill a hoax?'. Easy, don't give it any attention, especially if it ended over 2 years ago. Only the spinners have added to 'The Premise' above.

A few minutes later, the very first post in yesterdays circus was DNS saying 'lots of dairy activity' happening, who then proceeds to drop 33 steaming posts in 24 hours, only to be outdone by tomi with 53 posts, Shadow at 22 posts, etc., etc. for a total of 166 piles on 11 pages! Un-friken-believable! LMH and Strib trying to keep this alive? Yeah right, jobs already being done @ UCB. Good job, though, on 'The Premise'.

'Yeah, but we don't want this hoax to go down as true'.....Pfffff, go sell that somewhere else cause we ain't buying, just like no one else is buying this hoax as being for real. Except maybe someone from the "Hollow Head Society". More addition to 'The Premise'.

Hall 7 should include UCB with yesterdays 24 hours of shame- lock, stock and barrel- for pandering to this hoax. Not one thing of value was uttered yesterday, IMO, except to help 'The Premise'. Wait, Donkeykong had the only post with substance.

Someone should check to see if anyone was hospitalized or even killed by excessive laughter yesterday, as it could only be that scumby Issac......
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28  ...  100 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Become a member of the UFO Casebook Forum today and join our more than 19,000 members.

Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls