Board Logo
« Drone Discussion #10 »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 15th, 2017, 3:51pm


Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

*Totally FREE 24/7 Access *Your Nickname and Avatar *Private Messages

*Join today and be a part of one of the largest UFO sites on the Net.


« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29  ...  100 Notify Send Topic Print
 sticky  Author  Topic: Drone Discussion #10  (Read 70724 times)
TheShadow
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 299
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #390 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 2:01pm »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 1:53pm, redlite wrote:
The Premise: Inserting 100lbs of steaming hooey into a 10lb sack.

Anonymity is fun! Coward Issac thinks so too...

The last post day-before-yesterday @ 11:49PM was Blackwaters' question 'how do you kill a hoax?'. Easy, don't give it any attention, especially if it ended over 2 years ago. Only the spinners have added to 'The Premise' above.

A few minutes later, the very first post in yesterdays circus was DNS saying 'lots of dairy activity' happening, who then proceeds to drop 33 steaming posts in 24 hours, only to be outdone by tomi with 53 posts, Shadow at 22 posts, etc., etc. for a total of 166 piles on 11 pages! Un-friken-believable! LMH and Strib trying to keep this alive? Yeah right, jobs already being done @ UCB. Good job, though, on 'The Premise'.

'Yeah, but we don't want this hoax to go down as true'.....Pfffff, go sell that somewhere else cause we ain't buying, just like no one else is buying this hoax as being for real. Except maybe someone from the "Hollow Head Society". More addition to 'The Premise'.

Hall 7 should include UCB with yesterdays 24 hours of shame- lock, stock and barrel- for pandering to this hoax. Not one thing of value was uttered yesterday, IMO, except to help 'The Premise'. Wait, Donkeykong had the only post with substance.

Someone should check to see if anyone was hospitalized or even killed by excessive laughter yesterday, as it could only be that scumby Issac......


Well I have to say you are ABSOLUTELY 1000% CORRECT!

From this point forward I will not engage tomi's stupidity and feed this ridiculous hoax fodder any longer.

I would suggest my comrades follow suit and let her argue with herself!!

Thanks for ONE intelligent and coherent post!
User IP Logged

Radi
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM


Posts: 176
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #391 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 2:02pm »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 1:53pm, redlite wrote:
The Premise: Inserting 100lbs of steaming hooey into a 10lb sack.

Anonymity is fun! Coward Issac thinks so too...

The last post day-before-yesterday @ 11:49PM was Blackwaters' question 'how do you kill a hoax?'. Easy, don't give it any attention, especially if it ended over 2 years ago. Only the spinners have added to 'The Premise' above.

A few minutes later, the very first post in yesterdays circus was DNS saying 'lots of dairy activity' happening, who then proceeds to drop 33 steaming posts in 24 hours, only to be outdone by tomi with 53 posts, Shadow at 22 posts, etc., etc. for a total of 166 piles on 11 pages! Un-friken-believable! LMH and Strib trying to keep this alive? Yeah right, jobs already being done @ UCB. Good job, though, on 'The Premise'.

'Yeah, but we don't want this hoax to go down as true'.....Pfffff, go sell that somewhere else cause we ain't buying, just like no one else is buying this hoax as being for real. Except maybe someone from the "Hollow Head Society". More addition to 'The Premise'.

Hall 7 should include UCB with yesterdays 24 hours of shame- lock, stock and barrel- for pandering to this hoax. Not one thing of value was uttered yesterday, IMO, except to help 'The Premise'. Wait, Donkeykong had the only post with substance.

Someone should check to see if anyone was hospitalized or even killed by excessive laughter yesterday, as it could only be that scumby Issac......


hehe... laugh laugh
This is Tomis job and why she posts here about things that have been discussed long ago.....Trying to bring uo the subjects only here cause she knows this is where she will gets responses to the questions that she can keep spinning round and round...Keeping it or at least making it look like someone gives a Rats behind about the subject or the matter at hand........IMHO waiting for her to slip....hehe
User IP Logged

DrDil
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Fighting against truth decay!!


Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4224
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #392 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 2:09pm »

Hi again Tomi,

Just forget it because it seems as if as I suspected that all of this was brought about by the following two images:

User Image
User Image

And to be honest I find the earlier designs just as telling:

User Image

I honestly didn’t know and thought there was something else that piqued your interest -other than this- but if this has been the reason behind your marketing speak and grandiose statements concerning AW and how they have based their current portfolio of machines around the LAP then I fear there really is no point because while I respect your experience I completely disagree, and especially about AW paying undisclosed millions to any subsequent claimant or the fact that IF true you think this would be a no-brainer for the hoaxers and they’d take the money and run…..

Cheers.
User IP Logged

Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies,
Tongue-tied & twisted, just an earth-bound misfit.
Jeddyhi
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 589
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #393 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 2:16pm »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 1:53pm, redlite wrote:
The Premise: Inserting 100lbs of steaming hooey into a 10lb sack.

Anonymity is fun! Coward Issac thinks so too...

The last post day-before-yesterday @ 11:49PM was Blackwaters' question 'how do you kill a hoax?'. Easy, don't give it any attention, especially if it ended over 2 years ago. Only the spinners have added to 'The Premise' above.

A few minutes later, the very first post in yesterdays circus was DNS saying 'lots of dairy activity' happening, who then proceeds to drop 33 steaming posts in 24 hours, only to be outdone by tomi with 53 posts, Shadow at 22 posts, etc., etc. for a total of 166 piles on 11 pages! Un-friken-believable! LMH and Strib trying to keep this alive? Yeah right, jobs already being done @ UCB. Good job, though, on 'The Premise'.

'Yeah, but we don't want this hoax to go down as true'.....Pfffff, go sell that somewhere else cause we ain't buying, just like no one else is buying this hoax as being for real. Except maybe someone from the "Hollow Head Society". More addition to 'The Premise'.

Hall 7 should include UCB with yesterdays 24 hours of shame- lock, stock and barrel- for pandering to this hoax. Not one thing of value was uttered yesterday, IMO, except to help 'The Premise'. Wait, Donkeykong had the only post with substance.

Someone should check to see if anyone was hospitalized or even killed by excessive laughter yesterday, as it could only be that scumby Issac......


Nice accurate critique! wink

But, after all, it is a discussion forum and for all intents and purposes, this is a debate fueled by what I like to call 'intentional ignorance' and lots of frustrated logic. The hoax is dead. Died long ago......just a few geologists left sifting through the rubble and discussing the ruins.

I thought the thread would die down until the Vegas Convention. grin

User IP Logged

"Nothing will ever claim ownership of the original Drone information, so copyright is not a question. Use it."- Masker33
DrDil
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Fighting against truth decay!!


Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4224
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #394 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 2:24pm »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 1:53pm, redlite wrote:
<snip>

A few minutes later, the very first post in yesterdays circus was DNS saying 'lots of dairy activity' happening, who then proceeds to drop 33 steaming posts in 24 hours, only to be outdone by tomi with 53 posts, Shadow at 22 posts, etc., etc. for a total of 166 piles on 11 pages! Un-friken-believable!

<snip>

I agree completely, well I’d never of believed someone would actually count individual posts just to highlight their lack of content.....
User IP Logged

Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies,
Tongue-tied & twisted, just an earth-bound misfit.
neveleeleven
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 227
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #395 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 2:33pm »

Once again Tomi shows her lack of knowledge, and her ignorance.

I think she spent her whole day making 3 pages of replies that were nothing but bullcrap.

Tomi, what part of "Fair Use" do you not understandhuh
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

User Image
User Image
User Image

See the images above? They are not the complete LAP. They are very small sections of the LAP that were cut out and used.

Alienware did this so they could stay within "Fair Use" laws.

Quote:
Amount and substantiality

The third factor assesses the quantity or percentage of the original copyrighted work that has been imported into the new work. In general, the less that is used in relation to the whole, e.g., a few sentences of a text for a book review, the more likely that the sample will be considered fair use.


Alienware protected themselves by using a small percentage of the original copyrighted work. They are protected by Fair Use.

So gladly, STFU already. You are always wrong for some reason and people are getting sick of correcting you.
User IP Logged

Romans 12:6
tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3955
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #396 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 2:34pm »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 2:09pm, DrDil wrote:
Hi again Tomi,

while I respect your experience I completely disagree, and especially about AW paying undisclosed millions to any subsequent claimant or the fact that IF true you think this would be a no-brainer for the hoaxers and they’d take the money and run…..

Cheers.


Well, Drdil, it is TRUE and that is exactly my point. It is a no-brainer and I thank you for helping me further establish this premise.


Here is a little except about "derivative works" from a site in the UK, but the definition holds in the US as well:

http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/copyright/p22_derivative_works.en.htm

Copyright in the derivative work
Provided it is significantly different to the original work the derivative work will be subject to copyright in it's own right, and you will own copyright to the new content you have created as a result of your actions. Bear in mind that to be subject to copyright the creation of the derivative work must itself be an original work of skill, labour and judgement; minor alterations that do not substantially alter the original would not qualify.



User IP Logged

tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3955
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #397 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 2:37pm »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 2:33pm, neveleeleven wrote:
Once again Tomi shows her lack of knowledge, and her ignorance.


Your ignorance about copyright law is staggering but I guess that would be expected because you can't hope to know everything could you??

Just so you know... "Fair Use" is the absolute LAST defense that could be applied here.
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2009, 2:39pm by tommi01 » User IP Logged

Jeddyhi
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 589
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #398 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 2:43pm »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 2:37pm, tomi01uk wrote:
Your ignorance about copyright law is staggering but I guess that would be expected because you can't hope to know everything could you??

Just so you know... "Fair Use" is the absolute LAST defense that could be applied here.


I can't help but ask......what about the defense that the material in question was anonymously submitted to the public domain with the proclamation that is was ET in origin? Wouldn't that mean anything? It was given to the public domain with no strings attached, so to speak
User IP Logged

"Nothing will ever claim ownership of the original Drone information, so copyright is not a question. Use it."- Masker33
neveleeleven
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 227
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #399 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 2:49pm »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 2:37pm, tomi01uk wrote:
Your ignorance about copyright law is staggering but I guess that would be expected because you can't hope to know everything could you??

Just so you know... "Fair Use" is the absolute LAST defense that could be applied here.


Tomi, seriously, every time you speak you prove how unintelligent you are.

You have no clue about my knowledge of copyright law.

Actually, I own several websites with personally created art, all of them protected by copyright, and showing legal notices. I have created pages and pages of computer code (computer programs) that are also copyright protected. I own my own business name and icons with Trademark protection.

I am an artist, and a web developer, and a business owner. We are the ones that know about copyright law. All you are is a self proclaimed expert who doesn't know the first thing about Fair Use.

-edit to add- Alienware probably knows ten times more about Fair Use and copyright laws than you and I combined.

Get a freaking clue, Fair Use is the first thing Alienware is going to claim.

Holy crap you are clueless.
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2009, 2:55pm by neveleeleven » User IP Logged

Romans 12:6
DrDil
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Fighting against truth decay!!


Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4224
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #400 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 2:51pm »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 2:09pm, DrDil wrote:
Hi again Tomi,

while I respect your experience I completely disagree, and especially about AW paying undisclosed millions to any subsequent claimant or the fact that IF true you think this would be a no-brainer for the hoaxers and they’d take the money and run…..

Cheers.

on Oct 1st, 2009, 2:34pm, tomi01uk wrote:
Well, Drdil, it is TRUE and that is exactly my point. It is a no-brainer and I thank you for helping me further establish this premise.


Pleased to be of assistance and I didn't know it was true, but as it is (true) then what proof do you have of payment of these millions?

Or the other question you've repeatedly ignored about AW building a marketing scheme around these laptops desktops based entirely on the LAP? It just seems as if you’re attaching far more importance here then is actually there so the entire copyright issue is as moot as it was back when AW first used it.

The constant claims you have made about how AW are marketing the machines via the LAP is, exactly that, i.e. claims as there’s no evidence to suggest this. Or if there is bring it on and if not then nothing has changed with this recent addition to the AW catalogue, as at the minute I still disagree with what you've shown to date to substantiate this claim.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2009, 2:55pm by DrDil » User IP Logged

Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies,
Tongue-tied & twisted, just an earth-bound misfit.
tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3955
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #401 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 2:51pm »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 2:43pm, Jeddyhi wrote:
I can't help but ask......what about the defense that the material in question was anonymously submitted to the public domain with the proclamation that is was ET in origin? Wouldn't that mean anything? It was given to the public domain with no strings attached, so to speak


I already addessed that in a previous post:


"When Isaac made the request that all material be reproduced in whole not utilised or marketed separately, he was establishing a very loose yet plausible condition of use... this may be the key a good firm would use to overcome the public domain aspect of this work after it has been so blatently exploited for marketing purposes... just thinking here..

But I believe that will not even be necessary as the fortune city website in reality may be construed as a fictious story.. one that is not to be exploited by the marketing efforts of a major company for their computer product line."

The point I'm trying to make is that the longer this carries on by AlienWare, the more likely someone is to file copyright on the LAP. Providing it was created by humans that is.

If you or I sold posters of it, copied perfectly from Isaac's posts, no real legal threat would probably interfere, because nobody is going to go after little mom and pop shops selling this design.

But with the deep pockets of Dell, there is every reason for a NY IPR firm to take this case and once they do, as I've said already...
The manufacturer gets served along with the distributors and the importers of these computers. The marketing halts, the product is seized. The cost of implimenting this is null compared to the immediate effect. Deep pockets is all the Law Firm is concerned with.

User IP Logged

tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3955
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #402 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 2:56pm »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 2:49pm, neveleeleven wrote:
Tomi, seriously, every time you speak you prove how unintelligent you are.

You have no clue about my knowledge of copyright law.

Actually, I own several websites with personally created art, all of them protected by copyright, and showing legal notices. I have created pages and pages of computer code (computer programs) that are also copyright protected. I own my own business name and icons with Trademark protection.

I am an artist, and a web developer, and a business owner. We are the ones that know about copyright law. All you are is a self proclaimed expert who doesn't know the first thing about Fair Use





Whoopee ... that makes you a copyright expert!! LOL
Have you ever had the experience of what I'm describing first hand? How many companies have you served on the basis of what I'm talking about?
How many times have you prevailed in court? How many settlements have you negociated?

Let's hear it....


User IP Logged

tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3955
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #403 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 3:03pm »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 2:51pm, DrDil wrote:
Or the other question you've repeatedly ignored about AW building a marketing scheme around these laptops desktops based entirely on the LAP? It just seems as if you’re attaching far more importance here then is actually there so the entire copyright issue is as moot as it was back when AW first used it.


I bookmarked AlienWares flicker web page for their last convention. In that collection of pictures I can see numerous reproductions of the LAP on screens and in marketing material. When evidence like this is combined with the lithographed interiors of the desktops as well as the symbols used extensively in the same manner as the LAP... you got problems...
User IP Logged

DrDil
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Fighting against truth decay!!


Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4224
xx Re: Drone Discussion #10
« Reply #404 on: Oct 1st, 2009, 3:07pm »

on Oct 1st, 2009, 3:03pm, tomi01uk wrote:
I bookmarked AlienWares flicker web page for their last convention. In that collection of pictures I can see numerous reproductions of the LAP on screens and in marketing material. When evidence like this is combined with the lithographed interiors of the desktops as well as the symbols used extensively in the same manner as the LAP... you got problems...
Someone has (got problems) and from my -apparently limited- standpoint it’s certainly not Alienware, Dell or the hoaxers.

Good luck!! grin

Cheers.
User IP Logged

Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies,
Tongue-tied & twisted, just an earth-bound misfit.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29  ...  100 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Become a member of the UFO Casebook Forum today and join our more than 19,000 members.

Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls