Board Logo
« Drone Discussion #11 »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 14th, 2017, 12:44pm


Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

*Totally FREE 24/7 Access *Your Nickname and Avatar *Private Messages

*Join today and be a part of one of the largest UFO sites on the Net.


« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41  ...  100 Notify Send Topic Print
 sticky  Author  Topic: Drone Discussion #11  (Read 17046 times)
CA519705950
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 587
xx Re: Drone Discussion #11
« Reply #570 on: Jul 1st, 2010, 04:46am »

on Jun 30th, 2010, 9:08pm, tomi01uk wrote:
You say all the forums plus your blog got hacked Icarus, that is not something that comes easily to script kiddies, brute force at the least and expertise.. (unless I'm wrong and I do try to keep up on such things.. )
What does this indicate I wonder and why?

Actually, it is something that comes easily to script kiddies. Depending on the type of forum used, it can be as simple as uploading an attachment - a scipt masked as a JPEG, for example - 'examplefilename.xxx.jpg'. Hacking the blog would most likely be the hardest part but again it all comes down to what service is used. There are several places on the net that provide exploits and tutorials regarding hacking.

on Jun 30th, 2010, 8:50pm, Katterfelto wrote:
A past statement that conjures up something like this. An old glass negative of the BB drone that was used to print an image onto a background of trees from another image.
Surely you recall those little tidbits?
The plate was ancient and would be stored in a special place for safekeeping just in case ......
Then we have that special green (or was it blue) background.
User Image

Wow... do you have any further information on this or could you go in depth? I've not seen that yet and it's got me interested.
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2010, 04:50am by CA519705950 » User IP Logged

"Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist."
Epicurus.
Nodnunk
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

The number e is irrational


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 164
xx Re: Drone Discussion #11
« Reply #571 on: Jul 1st, 2010, 06:39am »

on Jun 30th, 2010, 1:08pm, Marvin wrote:
I was the photographer.

The sun was above and in front of the camera, casting shadows towards me. Visually, I did not notice a "white sky" at the time.




Actually being there helps. You had a lot more information to work with. But from the photograph alone, I still think the shadows are so weak as to be inconclusive.

User IP Logged

tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3955
xx Re: Drone Discussion #11
« Reply #572 on: Jul 1st, 2010, 06:39am »

on Jul 1st, 2010, 04:46am, CA519705950 wrote:
Actually, it is something that comes easily to script kiddies. Depending on the type of forum used, it can be as simple as uploading an attachment - a scipt masked as a JPEG, for example - 'examplefilename.xxx.jpg'. Hacking the blog would most likely be the hardest part but again it all comes down to what service is used. There are several places on the net that provide exploits and tutorials regarding hacking..


Thanks for your opinion but with all due respect, a mate I know in 2600 London would disagree. Brute force is a method most commonly used last I checked. I also subscribe to several lists distributed to security ppl and hackers alike and mostly contributed to by top white hat hackers so I can try to stay up to date on security issues, etc. since I work with computers.

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid14_gci499494,00.html
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2010, 07:10am by tommi01 » User IP Logged

CA519705950
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 587
xx Re: Drone Discussion #11
« Reply #573 on: Jul 1st, 2010, 07:53am »

on Jul 1st, 2010, 06:39am, tomi01uk wrote:
Thanks for your opinion but with all due respect, a mate I know in 2600 London would disagree. Brute force is a method most commonly used last I checked. I also subscribe to several lists distributed to security ppl and hackers alike and mostly contributed to by top white hat hackers so I can try to stay up to date on security issues, etc. since I work with computers.

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid14_gci499494,00.html

A 'mate' I know (though that isn't really the right word), who is my age - 16 - essentially a 'script kiddie' walked me through hacking a website named 'Emucraze' with ease. I am also familiar with the brute forcing technique and brute forcers - my friend and I have used them at a school with success (though they didn't exactly make it hard for themselves).
Brute forcing can take an extremely long time based on the strength of the password you're attempting to crack, and many sites have protection against it now. Sites like milw0rm and The Hack Forums post about vulnerabilities carried by different software and walk you through hacking a website that way. SQL injection and other exploits are commonly used as a successful means of hacking a website - especially if the software used is old or outdated.
Though I agree that brute forcing is a common technique - there is no debate about that - it is probably easier and faster under a lot of circumstances to avoid brute forcing, and from my personal experiences on different forums, I think 'script kiddies' would have no problem with it.
Also, lets not forget about keyloggers. Equally as easy to use as most brute forcers and probably throw you your victims password a lot faster.
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2010, 07:54am by CA519705950 » User IP Logged

"Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist."
Epicurus.
tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3955
xx Re: Drone Discussion #11
« Reply #574 on: Jul 1st, 2010, 11:33am »

Hi CA, was thinking about this a bit on and off since my last post to you. Now with your response, wanted to say the hacking of a forum is diff, it's not something you can exploit with a buff overflow injection etc. It is just a website on a server in a server farm. They don't want to hack the server or let the forum admins see any DOS like activity. Right? Also deploying key loggers requires an exploit into the users computer... not easy to accomplish, they are pretty clued up on attachments, etc.

So like Icarus said, has to be quick. Right? He might know more than you & me put together, but maybe not quite as much as 1111.. wink But the computer has to be powerful and the software & dictionary quite developed to accomplish that. I don't think this is something easily grasped and accomplished without spending a good deal of time in it before hand. Which kind of puts possible culprits into the admin or web guru/hacker catagory to begin with.

So.. was it a forum member, seems the best way in to the deeper information would be from within to begin with.. just thinking here.

« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2010, 11:40am by tommi01 » User IP Logged

CA519705950
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 587
xx Re: Drone Discussion #11
« Reply #575 on: Jul 1st, 2010, 12:12pm »

on Jul 1st, 2010, 11:33am, tomi01uk wrote:
Hi CA, was thinking about this a bit on and off since my last post to you. Now with your response, wanted to say the hacking of a forum is diff, it's not something you can exploit with a buff overflow injection etc. It is just a website on a server in a server farm. They don't want to hack the server or let the forum admins see any DOS like activity. Right? Also deploying key loggers requires an exploit into the users computer... not easy to accomplish, they are pretty clued up on attachments, etc.

So like Icarus said, has to be quick. Right? He might know more than you & me put together, but maybe not quite as much as 1111.. wink But the computer has to be powerful and the software & dictionary quite developed to accomplish that. I don't think this is something easily grasped and accomplished without spending a good deal of time in it before hand. Which kind of puts possible culprits into the admin or web guru/hacker catagory to begin with.

So.. was it a forum member, seems the best way in to the deeper information would be from within to begin with.. just thinking here.


Hey again tom (hope you don't mind the abbreviation);
Depending on the software used on the forum, it can be done in a matter of minutes with no visible signs. My friend and I uploaded a shell to a particularly vulnerable type of forum (the aforementioned site) and could tinker with the server from that shell. Ironically the only real damage caused to that site was due to a screwup on my part - I misinterpreted the button that was for deleting the shell, mistaking it for the one used to delete contents of a server. I hit the button and the shell was gone, along with the part of the website that was vulnerable... they had to rebuild due to the messed-up-ness of the site. No need for DOS-like activity hehe. I'd also like to point out that I wasn't randomly experimenting on a site... it was a sort of revenge for the work they stole off me wink.
As for the keylogger, it could be sent by other means such as MSN or email. My 'friend' walked me through binding (at least I think that's the right word) a keylogger to a JPEG image, so it looked like a simple image transfer (which MSN actually does automatically these days - unless the user changes the preferences, it accepts the image automatically).
But I do have to agree that this was most likely not some petty hacking attempt by some randomers. What business would they have looking at the forums and blog as it is? There are much easier targets out there that take less time to find...
Also, the fact that both forums and blog were hacked suggests that the hacker(s) knew Icarus' password, or was an admin on both sites.
Since I'm new here and don't know too much about what happened to Icarus' sites, could someone fill me in on the details please? Were the sites UFO or paranormal-related?
Thanks smiley.
User IP Logged

"Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist."
Epicurus.
tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3955
xx Re: Drone Discussion #11
« Reply #576 on: Jul 1st, 2010, 1:53pm »

Hi CA, I'm just going on assumptions here because of what I've heard said in the past; that several forums as well as Icarus's blog got hacked. But it made me wonder, if this did happen, then they were probaby not randomised events by amatuers but intentional drone related "misdeeds"? And if so, who would have a reason for this? Could provide insight. I guess that was the basis of my questions about it.

edit to add: and since my favorite, yet to be disproved, entangled suspects (for lack of a better way of describing them) know their way around protocols and server farms like the back of their hands grin things that make me go hmmmmm.
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2010, 2:19pm by tommi01 » User IP Logged

CA519705950
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 587
xx Re: Drone Discussion #11
« Reply #577 on: Jul 1st, 2010, 2:46pm »

on Jul 1st, 2010, 1:53pm, tomi01uk wrote:
Hi CA, I'm just going on assumptions here because of what I've heard said in the past; that several forums as well as Icarus's blog got hacked. But it made me wonder, if this did happen, then they were probaby not randomised events by amatuers but intentional drone related "misdeeds"? And if so, who would have a reason for this? Could provide insight. I guess that was the basis of my questions about it.

edit to add: and since my favorite, yet to be disproved, entangled suspects (for lack of a better way of describing them) know their way around protocols and server farms like the back of their hands grin things that make me go hmmmmm.

Yeah I agree that judging by when the sites were hacked, it was done for a drone-related reason. I've no idea who would do it since I've not come across many 'drone forums' or other forums which discussed drones other than DRT and ATS (a while back).
The reason as to why the sites were hacked - based on me knowing nothing about the people behind it - could be to further perpetuate the 'drone myth' assuming it is a hoax - as if to make it look as though someone wants it covered up.
Or it could be that someone did want it covered up, I suppose.
Otherwise I can only think of jealously, giggles and boredom as answers.
Who are your suspects then eh? wink.
User IP Logged

"Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist."
Epicurus.
neveleeleven
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 227
xx Re: Drone Discussion #11
« Reply #578 on: Jul 1st, 2010, 3:33pm »

on Jul 1st, 2010, 11:33am, tomi01uk wrote:
So like Icarus said, has to be quick. Right? He might know more than you & me put together, but maybe not quite as much as 1111.. wink


You are right, I know a lot about hacking. Maybe too much.

...however, if you actually believe Icarus, a proven liar, when he says that his blog was hacked. Then you just might be the most gullible person in the world.

Icarus' blog didn't get hacked, Icarus got spooked. He got really scared when he realized that being part of this drone hoax was a big mistake. So he shut down his own blog, and even "disappeared" for a few days. He went into hiding because he is guilty.

Blaming it on a hacker is just a way to spice up his story, because of course, he is a pathological liar, and you people are the most gullible people in existence.

Icarus didn't come back and confess for you. He did it for himself, thinking it would clear him from wrong doing. Sorry but confessions don't work like that.

I honestly don't understand how you can trust the guy, even after he lied to your face several times.

What I love the most is how I will be made out to look like the bad guy because I call Icarus a liar, when he clearly is a liar, and a hoaxer.

-But since most of you have the memory capacity of a fish, I don't expect you to see how you are defending a "bad guy", and insulting the "good guys".
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2010, 3:36pm by neveleeleven » User IP Logged

Romans 12:6
tommi01
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3955
xx Re: Drone Discussion #11
« Reply #579 on: Jul 1st, 2010, 3:37pm »

1111 I have good reason to know that a load of forums got hacked. So if Icarus's blog was one of them or if he just wanted to introduce that phase of this saga I don't know.

Why for me would be to get information. Deeper layers of threads, repositories of data. Who would be that interested? Why? But this is just a theory. It could have been just part of the prank as you say.. as well.

@ CE Start digging into VectorStar smiley It's just another early road my entangled suspects built.

btw, Icarus, do you know anything about them?

« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2010, 3:43pm by tommi01 » User IP Logged

Sysconfig
Guest
xx Re: Drone Discussion #11
« Reply #580 on: Jul 1st, 2010, 4:02pm »

on Jul 1st, 2010, 04:46am, CA519705950 wrote:
Actually, it is something that comes easily to script kiddies. Depending on the type of forum used, it can be as simple as uploading an attachment - a scipt masked as a JPEG, for example - 'examplefilename.xxx.jpg'. Hacking the blog would most likely be the hardest part but again it all comes down to what service is used. There are several places on the net that provide exploits and tutorials regarding hacking.


Wow... do you have any further information on this or could you go in depth? I've not seen that yet and it's got me interested.


Yes lets
stay on track and and get a response for Katts post....that hacking stuff is just blowin bubbles for effect..
User IP Logged

Sysconfig
Guest
xx Re: Drone Discussion #11
« Reply #581 on: Jul 1st, 2010, 4:03pm »

on Jul 1st, 2010, 4:02pm, Sysconfig wrote:

Yes lets
stay on track and and get a response for Katts post....that hacking stuff is just blowin bubbles for effect..

User Image
when you get past the bubbles IC could you respond to that query?

@ katt..is mystered a ping ponger too?
haha what a coincidence! He is pinging here and wants us,
anybody to pong back!..
http://ping.sg/item/Blog_Marketing_-_Networking
but this is all past 2007 and in 2008..and the photobucket account does not appear to be working.. there was a raj4.jpg but account dead as far as i know.
Another MysrEd is more conspiracy oriented..911 stuff
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/6786531
I
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2010, 4:26pm by Sysconfig » User IP Logged

neveleeleven
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 227
xx Re: Drone Discussion #11
« Reply #582 on: Jul 1st, 2010, 4:11pm »

Here is a short story for entertainment;

Once upon a time two lovers were walking down a path. On their journey down this path, they were interrupted by a confused soul. The confused soul tells the lovers, "hey walk down this path, the end of it is intriguing and amazing". So the lovers, and the confused soul, start walking down this alternate path.

When the lovers and the confused soul reach the end of the path, the lovers find out that the confused soul lied to them. There was nothing at the end of the path. In fact, the confused soul led them down a path that wasn't really even a path, it was all fake. The path was created by the lost soul himself.

Normally, people who are lied to, and led astray, get angry. But there was something special about these lovers who were led astray. After the confused soul confesses and tells them, "it was all a lie, the devil made me do it, it probably wont happen again", these two special lovers accepted his apology and confession, and then trusted the confused soul.

After accepting the confused souls confession, the confused soul tells the lovers yet again, "Hey, lets walk down this other path, along the path is a bunch of important information you are looking for". So the lovers, again, follow the confused soul and totally forget they were just led astray by this person not to long ago.

That is when a few honest guys come along. They tell the lovers, "hey, that guy has confessed to being confused and a liar, I wouldn't walk down any paths he says exist". That is when the lovers start insulting the honest guys. The lovers defend the the confused soul like they are best friends, all while insulting honest people trying to help them. The honest guys just wanted to warn the lovers, but the lovers were too special to accept their help. So the lovers continued to follow the confused soul down his imaginary path.

That is when the honest guys put up a sign on the main path that says, "Caution - Be aware of a group of lost confused gullible lying mindless souls who don't need any help on their imaginary paths".

The End.

« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2010, 4:14pm by neveleeleven » User IP Logged

Romans 12:6
SiddReader
Guest
xx Re: Drone Discussion #11
« Reply #583 on: Jul 1st, 2010, 4:20pm »

on Jul 1st, 2010, 2:46pm, CA519705950 wrote:
Who are your suspects then eh? wink.


To me it's you and Kermit.

But who am I to judge anything. I rely on our pingpong expert, also known as "the lost soul" lately, because he can read between the lines.

I also got the feeling that someone here did not feel comfortable with my researches on him. I treated him very nice and with honest respect, so he should not complain, that I looked behind the mirror.

« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2010, 4:21pm by SiddReader » User IP Logged

CA519705950
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 587
xx Re: Drone Discussion #11
« Reply #584 on: Jul 1st, 2010, 4:32pm »

on Jul 1st, 2010, 3:33pm, neveleeleven wrote:
You are right, I know a lot about hacking. Maybe too much.

...however, if you actually believe Icarus, a proven liar, when he says that his blog was hacked. Then you just might be the most gullible person in the world.

Being new to this site, I know little about Icarus' history and his involvement in the drone mystery.
I'd appreciate it if someone could fill me in on how Icarus is connected to the drone mystery?
User IP Logged

"Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist."
Epicurus.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41  ...  100 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Become a member of the UFO Casebook Forum today and join our more than 19,000 members.

Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls