Board Logo
« NYT Puts Big Article Out On Pentagon UFO Funding »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 23rd, 2018, 2:43pm


Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

*Totally FREE 24/7 Access *Your Nickname and Avatar *Private Messages

*Join today and be a part of one of the largest UFO sites on the Net.


« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  7 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: NYT Puts Big Article Out On Pentagon UFO Funding  (Read 4156 times)
GusB
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 632
xx Re: NYT Puts Big Article Out On Pentagon UFO Fundi
« Reply #45 on: Dec 29th, 2017, 3:36pm »

on Dec 29th, 2017, 2:35pm, Swamprat wrote:
...and the dialog continues.




Mystery over top secret UFO program deepens

By Emma Parry, The Sun
December 29, 2017

The mystery of a top-secret UFO program has deepened after government officials claimed there was confusion about its purpose — while experts accused them of backtracking.

The Pentagon last week confirmed the existence of a $22 million program called the Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program (AATIP) which investigated sightings of UFOs between 2007 to 2012, The Sun reported.

The revelation excited UFO fans around the world as it was the first time the US government had admitted investigating UFOs since 1969.

The organisation’s work was outed by Luis Elizondo when he told The New York Times he ran the shadowy Department of Defence program from 2007 to 2012 and continued to look into the issue until he resigned in October this year.

Two bombshell videos of unexplained UFO sightings by US military personnel — investigated by the AATIP — were also published.

However, when contacted by Sun Online, the spy organisation Defence Intelligence Agency claimed there had been some misunderstandings.

A spokesman said: “There is some confusion about this program and claims about its purpose in press reporting ... the Defence Intelligence Agency has not released any information, files or videos.”

But Department of Defence officials disputed this, saying they did not know what “confusion” the Defence Intelligence Agency was referring to, and stating they had been “clear” about the program’s aims.

A Department of Defense spokesman said: “The AATIP’s mandate, when it existed, was to assess far-term foreign advanced aerospace threats to the United States.”

It is claimed the program ended in 2012, however Mr Elizondo said that he had continued to work with officials from the Navy and the CIA on the program until he resigned from office in October.

UFO experts have claimed that this disagreement could be the government trying to back-pedal because it isn’t “ready or willing” to disclose the information.

Ufologist Alejandro Rojas from Open Minds TV, which is dedicated to extraterrestrial life, said: “It does seem to me like they might be backtracking.

“They haven’t clarified exactly what the confusion is, but I’m not surprised that they are scrambling over this now.

“According to The Washington Post, Luis Elizondo essentially got the videos under somewhat false pretences.

“He claimed he wanted to use the videos for training pilots. He didn’t say he wanted to use the videos to demonstrate that UFOs are real, which is what’s happening.

“I think that’s why the clips are so short and — especially with the second one. There is so little information attached to it.

“I think perhaps they thought just in case somebody gets a hold of this and tries to turn it into a big UFO thing, we just won’t give them much information.

“It puts them in a spot because perhaps they’re not ready or even willing to come out and talk about this.

“And they didn’t intend these videos to be used for this purpose.

“It wouldn’t be the first time the government has tried to spin things in a different direction on this topic.

“But we’ve got Elizondo who led the program going on the record to talk about it — so it’s clear that they were investigating UFOs.”

Sun Online has now lodged a Freedom of Information request with the Defense Intelligence Agency for any other UFO files or videos related to AATIP.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/12/29/mystery-over-top-secret-ufo-program-deepens.html



Good to see the FOI being applied and journalists bugging these guys.

Keep in mind the reason this got traction in the media is the confirmation from the Senator that the program existed.

Whats interesting is that they are trying to back track but the worms have come out of the box and there is no putting them back in.

As a collective of Ufologists were a pain in the A*** of Obama and the Pentagon.

Think of it this way for every time people have laughed of sniffed at you for following the subject pester your National Government.

Off the top of my head its about 20 times I've had to defend myself.

Look who's laughing now Mother F******s.
User IP Logged

travex
Guest
xx Re: NYT Puts Big Article Out On Pentagon UFO Fundi
« Reply #46 on: Dec 30th, 2017, 3:18pm »

on Dec 29th, 2017, 2:35pm, Swamprat wrote:

It is claimed the program ended in 2012, however Mr Elizondo said that he had continued to work with officials from the Navy and the CIA on the program until he resigned from office in October.
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/12/29/mystery-over-top-secret-ufo-program-deepens.html



Why did the program end in 2012?

Mainly because the government adjusted to the changes announced by the ET's.
http://ufocasebook.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1513887270
(Thread started on the 5th anniversary of the "doomsday.")

The government investigators didn't have to waste time proving to themselves that what they had seen in the footage was a real deal, so they tried to figure out the purpose of the alien activities, and they succeeded to a certain extent. That means they figured out that the ET's had scheduled a general stop to all UFO activities here on Earth effective 12/21/2012.

User IP Logged

GusB
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 632
xx Re: NYT Puts Big Article Out On Pentagon UFO Fundi
« Reply #47 on: Dec 30th, 2017, 3:58pm »

Updates

User IP Logged

Nyx
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 1960
xx Re: NYT Puts Big Article Out On Pentagon UFO Fundi
« Reply #48 on: Dec 31st, 2017, 11:00am »

The country did not fall apart over the UFO tape, so I predict for 2018 a UFO will actually land.

The U.S. and UK will say that UFOs are not a threat as they have done so.

In the end the democrats and the republicans will blame each other.
User IP Logged

Nyx
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 1960
xx Re: NYT Puts Big Article Out On Pentagon UFO Fundi
« Reply #49 on: Jan 4th, 2018, 11:06am »

This story just died into oblivion, no follow up which is the way most UFO stories go.
User IP Logged

ZETAR
Mod Director
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

GREAT SPIRITS ALWAYS ENCOUNTER THE MOST VIOLENT OPPOSITION FROM MEDIOCRE MINDS E=MC2


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 8649
xx Re: NYT Puts Big Article Out On Pentagon UFO Fundi
« Reply #50 on: Jan 4th, 2018, 1:26pm »

NYX,

"This story just died into oblivion, no follow up which is the way most UFO stories go."

SOMEWHAT TYPICAL ~ TESTING THE UFOLOGICAL WINDS TO SEE WHICH WAY THEY BLOW!

User Image

SHALOM...Z
User IP Logged

GREAT SPIRITS ALWAYS ENCOUNTER THE MOST VIOLENT OPPOSITION FROM MEDIOCRE MINDS E=MC2
Swamprat
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4460
xx Re: NYT Puts Big Article Out On Pentagon UFO Fundi
« Reply #51 on: Jan 4th, 2018, 2:23pm »

Cameron offers an update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMtI_ioMnJ4&feature=youtu.be
User IP Logged

"Let's see what's over there."
Nyx
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 1960
xx Re: NYT Puts Big Article Out On Pentagon UFO Fundi
« Reply #52 on: Jan 6th, 2018, 11:08am »

Fighter pilot David Fravor, who chased the UFO, tells Fox News that this is a terrible mistake watching this event being completely erased.

Fravor claims we need to find out as much information as we can in case these UFOs should have bad intentions.

User IP Logged

Swamprat
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4460
xx Re: NYT Puts Big Article Out On Pentagon UFO Fundi
« Reply #53 on: Jan 6th, 2018, 11:44am »

QUIET! Pipe down, you idiots! Seth doth speak!

Mr. Showstop strikes again!



UFO believers got one thing right. Here's what they get wrong.


The government did have a secret program to investigate odd aerial phenomena, but that doesn't mean UFOs are alien spacecraft.

by Seth Shostak
Jan.03.2018

The past few weeks have been good for UFO believers. For decades they’ve clamored for “disclosure” — an admission by the government that it knows of galactic gatecrashers, and that aliens are irrefutably here. THIS ALWAYS STRUCK ME AS A CLASSIC ARGUMENT FROM IGNORANCE: WE LACK GOOD EVIDENCE TO PROVE OUR CASE BECAUSE IT’S BEEN HIDDEN.

That wouldn’t work in the courts or in science, but hey, it kind of sounds good.

Well, it turns out something was hidden. In 2007 Senator Harry Reid initiated a secret Pentagon program to investigate strange aerial phenomena. It ran for five years and cost $22 million. Finally, the skeptics — those who doubt that we’re hosting extraterrestrial visitors — had been shown the error of their disbelieving ways.
Except that the Pentagon study seems to have found no good evidence for visitors. Yes, there was an intriguing military video purportedly showing a cluster of alien craft. But when I watched it, I noticed that the cluster was always in the center of the field of view — which suggests that these “craft” were actually caused by the instruments aboard the plane rather than something in the airspace in front of it. Experts will undoubtedly weigh in.

What would be good evidence of alien presence? Nearly every day I receive an email or phone call from someone who claims to have seen “something very important” (which I’ve learned from experience is code for “UFO”). They want to chat.

So what do I do? First off, I generally dismiss witness testimony, or, put another way, stories. It’s not that I think people are lying. But if someone tells you he saw a ghost at the mall, you’ll have a hard time doing much with that information unless ectoplasm hangs out there on a regular basis.

Witness testimony isn’t terribly reliable in criminal court cases. It’s even less useful for science.

So I ask about physical or photographic evidence. There never seems to be any of the former, but often there is imagery. Some folks won’t send it, apparently afraid that I’ll sell their pix and deprive them of a Nobel Prize or a photo royalty. The photos I do see tend to show obvious optical effects — often bright lights caused by internal reflections in the lens or color fringes resulting from the workings of the camera’s chip. Other photos show diffraction patterns caused by “hunting” of the camera’s autofocus system. Many people interpret these patterns as spacecraft markings.

A lot of the images are shot at night, making them particularly hard to interpret. Perhaps daylight is too dangerous for aliens, because then it might be possible to see detail in photos taken of them. I wonder if, when the sun is shining, they hang out underground like bats.

I’m also wary of anthropomorphic touches — for example, when someone says, “They seemed friendly and just want to establish contact” or “They’re buzzing our missile silos.” The latter is particularly goofy. Any aliens who come from the stars are way ahead of us. If you could visit America 150 years ago, would you spend time inspecting the Union Army’s cannon-making factory at Pittsburgh’s Allegheny Arsenal?

Hoaxes — and of course there are some — don’t seem to be common. The people who contact me all sound pretty sincere. But the one UFO claim that has zero worth for me is: “I know what I saw.” After all, if that’s what someone asserts, there’s no room for discussion.

More than anything, I ask myself if the extraterrestrial explanation is compelling — or merely possible. Is the evidence proof-positive or only puzzling? The latter isn’t good enough.

Personally, I’m mystified by the stage illusions of David Copperfield. Did he really walk through that giant fan, or is that only a possibility? Just because I don’t know what really happened is hardly reason to conclude that he can saunter through whirling metal blades without chopped Copperfield flying into the audience.

The Pentagon study is certainly interesting, but not because it proves alien visitation. Of course, you can be sure that the “disclosure” folks will soon be claiming that UFO evidence is still being covered up. Conspiracy theories never end.

In the era of Google Earth, when every square yard of the continents has been photographed and put online, it’s hardly surprising that we have an unsatisfied craving to explore the unknown, to do what Columbus, Magellan, Cook, and others did a half-millennium ago.

Of course, in the 21st Century, a sailing vessel may no longer satisfy that need. A sailing saucer just might.

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/ufo-hunters-got-one-thing-right-here-s-what-they-ncna834306

User IP Logged

"Let's see what's over there."
bonehead
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

"All descriptions of reality are temporary hypotheses."


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1679
xx Re: NYT Puts Big Article Out On Pentagon UFO Fundi
« Reply #54 on: Jan 6th, 2018, 12:31pm »

Nyx,

Thanks for the Grant Cameron video. Obviously he has his finger a bit closer to the pulse of the story than most. He only confirms what i said at the very beginning of DeLonge's claims: The folks he is dealing with are not clueless operatives. They are real insider people with real knowledge and, according to DeLonge and Cameron, they seem to want to get this knowledge out to the public.

I am still in wait and see mode. C'mon Tom, make Neil DeGrasse Tyson (and Seth Shostak rolleyes ) eat crow and look like idiots! I dare you! cool

And like I said before, (and Shostak says above) they will have to produce hard material evidence to really convince people. A video, or even 24 of them will not cut it.

on Jan 6th, 2018, 11:08am, Nyx wrote:
Fighter pilot David Fravor, who chased the UFO, tells Fox News that this is a terrible mistake watching this event being completely erased.

Fravor claims we need to find out as much information as we can in case these UFOs should have bad intentions.



Concerning the above quoted statement, the fact that the mainstream media only has a 15 second attention span should not surprise anybody. If you don't know this, you simply have not been paying attention.

Fravor's blockhead statement is thus entirely irrelevant. If Cameron is right, this story is not going away. And, as i have been at pains to explain on numerous occasions at this site:

If the 'green guys' (the phenomenon?) were really an existential danger to us, we would already be dead. They have been coming here for millennia and, yet, they still leave us alone to succumb to our own suicidal tendencies.

As I have also been at pains to explain here may times over the years: The biggest existential threat to humanity is humanity itself. Go ahead, read the news. See if I am wrong. People that worry about the "danger" to humanity posed by aliens also have not been paying attention.... kiss

Just sayin'....

Bonehead
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2018, 12:49pm by bonehead » User IP Logged

"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible."
ALBERT EINSTEIN
GusB
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 632
xx Re: NYT Puts Big Article Out On Pentagon UFO Fundi
« Reply #55 on: Jan 6th, 2018, 6:44pm »

on Jan 4th, 2018, 2:23pm, Swamprat wrote:
Cameron offers an update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMtI_ioMnJ4&feature=youtu.be


Thanks for that it was very interesting
User IP Logged

travex
Guest
xx Re: NYT Puts Big Article Out On Pentagon UFO Fundi
« Reply #56 on: Jan 6th, 2018, 8:08pm »

on Jan 6th, 2018, 11:44am, Swamprat wrote:
But when I watched it, I noticed that the cluster was always in the center of the field of view — which suggests that these “craft” were actually caused by the instruments aboard the plane rather than something in the airspace in front of it.


A classic example of pseudoscience. Shostak finds the reason for the cluster being always in the center of the on-board instruments display without him having the slightest idea about how the instruments actually work. If he knew, he would have elaborated... Shostak suggests that the instruments are not reliable and create images that in all actuality don't exist. If someone had suggested to him that Fermi paradox is caused by SETI unreliable technology, Shostak would have vehemently objected right away.

Furthermore, Shostak wipes out any possibility of technological advancement that the hypothetical ET's obviously must posses, such as the capacity of making sure that the followed object would always appear in the center. But what would be the reason for that?

Well, if the object is intelligently guided and not an artifact, there must be an intelligent mind manning the joystick. There are several IQ tests which ask to identify and properly place a unique item. For example, the center point of a circle is such a unique item. In the case of the first three letters of the alphabet - A, B, C - the apparent unique item is A, because it is the only vowel among consonants. Therefore it should be placed in the unique place, which is the center.

BAC or CAB

The same applies to "UFO" where F is the only consonant among the vowels. So if the ET's want to accent the option that what you see on your display is actually a UFO, the operator will make sure that the object (UFO) is always in the center of the screen.

It is apparent that Shostak is not the one who would ever succeed in his endeavor. But he deserves a kudo for noticing the special behavior of the object in question having the tendency to stay in the center of the display. The contemporary UFO researchers wouldn't even raise this point for being too busy to weave all kinds of conspirator theories instead. No wonder that folks, like Bonehead, get bored sooner or later. But there are other folks who love it - all the hoopla about the government hiding the "truth." It's like a salad bar menu...


« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2018, 8:09pm by travex » User IP Logged

Nyx
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 1960
xx Re: NYT Puts Big Article Out On Pentagon UFO Fundi
« Reply #57 on: Jan 6th, 2018, 9:33pm »

It is true the human race is trying to blew itself up, but as far as to what happened on the F/A-18 tape, I will put my money on Navy Commander David Farvor.

In 1997 when the Phoenix Lights took place, some time later Arizona governor Fife Symington said on ABC's Good Morning America that it was important to recognize and study these UFO events.

Symington said on TV that knowledge on these UFOs was important for our survival.

Symington also pointed out we could be the "garden of Eden" in the galaxy which makes planet earth very important.

Everyone wants to visit the third rock from the sun.
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2018, 9:35pm by Nyx » User IP Logged

travex
Guest
xx Re: NYT Puts Big Article Out On Pentagon UFO Fundi
« Reply #58 on: Jan 7th, 2018, 9:05pm »

on Jan 4th, 2018, 2:23pm, Swamprat wrote:
Cameron offers an update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMtI_ioMnJ4&feature=youtu.be


The update doesn't walk along a realistic path right from the beginning. There has been no attempt on the part of the government to confuse the UFO community with some bogus UFO story, because the UFO community didn't make any claims recently that would unnerve the general public. The lack of new and apparent UFO sightings is one reason of that. There is really no reason for the government to step in and start "confusing."

Surely, when a respected news media, like The New York Times, breaks a UFO related story, the coyotes gather round to have a bite of the interest, like that German company, which simply claimed that the video was actually its intellectual property. If this completely unsupported claim can derail the investigation, then the UFO community poses no problem to the public whatsoever.

It would be kind of different if the UFO community turned its interest to the 70th anniversary of the Roswell case, which started by a local NM newspaper printing a story that involved the military and a UFO. The speculation would involve a guess about which newspaper will print a story in the anniversary year 2017, which would again involve the military and UFO. Those UFO researchers correctly guessing The New York Times would be regarded as the foremost experts on the subject of alien behavior.

The reality is quite different, though. Even though the ET's made sure that the still photo of the object resembles in shape the one drawn by Kenneth Arnold 70 years ago, the anniversary connection between the articles in Roswell Daily Record and The New York Times is not mentioned - not even as a curious coincidence.

User IP Logged

nofooln
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Yes, the Earth is Flat


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 141
xx Re: NYT Puts Big Article Out On Pentagon UFO Fundi
« Reply #59 on: Jan 8th, 2018, 12:15am »

on Jan 6th, 2018, 12:31pm, bonehead wrote:
Nyx,

...

If the 'green guys' (the phenomenon?) were really an existential danger to us, we would already be dead. They have been coming here for millennia and, yet, they still leave us alone to succumb to our own suicidal tendencies.

As I have also been at pains to explain here may times over the years: The biggest existential threat to humanity is humanity itself. Go ahead, read the news. See if I am wrong. People that worry about the "danger" to humanity posed by aliens also have not been paying attention.... kiss

Just sayin'....

Bonehead

No doubt about it, we are our own greatest threat, but threats come in many forms, and it doesn't have to be in the form of annihilation.

If they are here, and it sure does seem that they are, they have their own agenda, and it doesn't involve our approval. Their agenda could benefit us, but most certainly it benefits them. Perhaps, as you say, they have left us to our own devices as they carry on with their mission.

I wonder, though, would they allow us to get to the point where we could prevent them from freely coming and going? What would they do if we became a perceived threat to them? I ask this and realize how it sounds, but we know so little and there is much at stake...

NF/Flat
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  7 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Become a member of the UFO Casebook Forum today and join our more than 19,000 members.

Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls