Board Logo
« What're You Thinking Right Now? »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 28th, 2017, 09:37am


Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

*Totally FREE 24/7 Access *Your Nickname and Avatar *Private Messages

*Join today and be a part of one of the largest UFO sites on the Net.


« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ...  15 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: What're You Thinking Right Now?  (Read 14488 times)
backlit
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 339
xx Re: What're You Thinking Right Now?
« Reply #15 on: Aug 29th, 2010, 10:26pm »

on Aug 28th, 2010, 09:54am, CA519705950 wrote:
I don't like the new MUFON main site. I think it looks a lot worse than before... like a failed 'professional' look.


What can you say about a site that charges patrons not to bash them?

backlit
User IP Logged

WingsofCrystal
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 11641
xx Re: What're You Thinking Right Now?
« Reply #16 on: Aug 31st, 2010, 12:19pm »

on Aug 29th, 2010, 10:26pm, backlit wrote:
What can you say about a site that charges patrons not to bash them?

backlit


New site? Thanks, all I heard was that they closed the forum and kicked everyone out without a so much as thanks for the good times.............. undecided
Guess I'll go over and have a look see.
Crystal
User IP Logged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VkrUG3OrPc
jordy
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 119
xx Re: What're You Thinking Right Now?
« Reply #17 on: Aug 31st, 2010, 6:53pm »

I wonder if the mufon forum will continue to have a thread on indigo children?
I always loved the "special place" for people who experienced "real" abductions to discuss their tramatic event. They were the "real" experts on abductions and could tell others when their stories were just dreams.
I loved how the self proclaimed "sensitives" "just knew" if a story was real or not. Those were the stars upon thars. I am sure they act differently here on this forum. This forum warrents respect in comparison to the old mufon. People have a privilage to experience a dream or abduction which may not fall within the guidelines of "normal" alien abductions.
Let us not forget the people who made mufon what it was. Timetraveler from Utah. He seemed a bit crazy to me but GOD he was loved and trusted on mufon. He apparently had coffee with the aliens so mufon supposedly interviewed him. OH BOY! Who am I really to label someone like him when I find fake diamonds on the ground in various places. I have quite a collection and truthfully that is crazy.
Not all stars were nutty. Unfortunatly I can't remember them as well as I can bobali and suzzanne. I think fishmiser was on mufon. She had some beautful fish tanks. As much as I enjoyed some forum members I certainly wouldn't pay for the privilage to be slashed and degraded for my own experiences. That would be the ultimate crazy.

User IP Logged

jordy
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 119
xx Re: What're You Thinking Right Now?
« Reply #18 on: Oct 23rd, 2010, 08:22am »

I was reading the information on clasic pictures revealed as hoaxes. If I wanted to stear people away from the truth on UFO/ET this and forums like this would be ideal. I wouldn't need to have a story of my own I would only have to use the same old excuses. I would be a master at photography. Researching UFO sites would be my full time job. Anytime a picture or video gets a certain amount of attention I would jump in and point out flaws with the "but thats just my opinion" approach. I don't want to come off as an expert. I have been on this site for nearly 2 years. I have my own story for being here. Many stories have been lost to the tides of time but I still wonder if everyone here has a story of their own or did they just stumble into the facination of UFO's. I wouldn't be here if something didn't happen but it seems to me some people are here just to be here. There are better government conspiracy sites. There are better paranormal sites. This site rates high for UFO/ET information which, in my opinion, is one topic the government goes out of their way to cover up. Why don't they go after the "sensitives"? What about self proclaimed profits who miss lead others. Why haven't government officials gone after the ghost hunters? What is it about UFOs?
Why people bother with pictures and videos I don't know. They are always photoshopped or grainy or something other than the real thing. Stories can't be proven without a doubt. I believe it is about faith. We compare our experiences with others. We hope they saw the same one on a particular night. We share what is inside while others badger us about why there is no PROOF. To truth seekers looking for truth they should spend less time analizing proof and look for their own experience.
User IP Logged

jordy
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 119
xx Re: What're You Thinking Right Now?
« Reply #19 on: Oct 23rd, 2010, 08:32am »

If people see a cluster of what appears to be bubbles in the sky that later are identified as ballons but don't move like balloons floating in the sky does that stlill make them balloons? Some insects look like leaves but do not move like leaves does that still make them leaves?
User IP Logged

philliman
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1298
xx Re: What're You Thinking Right Now?
« Reply #20 on: Oct 23rd, 2010, 2:10pm »

on Oct 23rd, 2010, 08:22am, jordy wrote:
I was reading the information on clasic pictures revealed as hoaxes. If I wanted to stear people away from the truth on UFO/ET this and forums like this would be ideal. I wouldn't need to have a story of my own I would only have to use the same old excuses. I would be a master at photography. Researching UFO sites would be my full time job. Anytime a picture or video gets a certain amount of attention I would jump in and point out flaws with the "but thats just my opinion" approach. I don't want to come off as an expert. I have been on this site for nearly 2 years. I have my own story for being here. Many stories have been lost to the tides of time but I still wonder if everyone here has a story of their own or did they just stumble into the facination of UFO's. I wouldn't be here if something didn't happen but it seems to me some people are here just to be here. There are better government conspiracy sites. There are better paranormal sites. This site rates high for UFO/ET information which, in my opinion, is one topic the government goes out of their way to cover up. Why don't they go after the "sensitives"? What about self proclaimed profits who miss lead others. Why haven't government officials gone after the ghost hunters? What is it about UFOs?
Why people bother with pictures and videos I don't know. They are always photoshopped or grainy or something other than the real thing. Stories can't be proven without a doubt. I believe it is about faith. We compare our experiences with others. We hope they saw the same one on a particular night. We share what is inside while others badger us about why there is no PROOF. To truth seekers looking for truth they should spend less time analizing proof and look for their own experience.

I certainly agree with you. And am sure many are here because they saw or experienced something for which they've got no explanation for. I also see where you are coming from since a couple of months ago I was thinking just alike. Then I've been confronted with a hoax and that opened my eyes about a lot of things which are just wrong within ufology. Too many hoaxes, too many stories which can't be verified, too many alleged whistleblowers who's stories and background can't be verified. Where does this leave us and how could we benefit from that? It certainly has nothing to do with disclosure IMO.

I feel ufology has to finally get real and proof any evidence, vet witnesses and especially those whistleblowers etc in order to finally get taken seriously by the majority of people and in order to demand disclosure. Evidence which can be debunked very easily certainly won't help us to prove anything to the public. Same with any kind of tall tales provided by some wannabe government officials or soldiers. Same goes to those researchers who are just too eager to put out any story without vetting their witnesses and their evidence. It's sad to see that there are just not enough really good researchers who exactly do just that but won't get that much attention while others who present a fantastic story get all the airtime.

on Oct 23rd, 2010, 08:32am, jordy wrote:
If people see a cluster of what appears to be bubbles in the sky that later are identified as ballons but don't move like balloons floating in the sky does that stlill make them balloons? Some insects look like leaves but do not move like leaves does that still make them leaves?

Rather not. wink Have you seen something which looks like balloons but didn't moved like them? Maybe even in New York last week?

People who actually weren't there can just look at the vids and at the pictures and judge for themselves what they are able to see there.
User IP Logged

Stellar Thoughts
CA519705950
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 587
xx Re: What're You Thinking Right Now?
« Reply #21 on: Oct 27th, 2010, 09:35am »

on Oct 23rd, 2010, 2:10pm, philliman wrote:
Too many hoaxes, too many stories which can't be verified, too many alleged whistleblowers who's stories and background can't be verified. Where does this leave us and how could we benefit from that? It certainly has nothing to do with disclosure IMO.

I feel ufology has to finally get real and proof any evidence, vet witnesses and especially those whistleblowers etc in order to finally get taken seriously by the majority of people and in order to demand disclosure. Evidence which can be debunked very easily certainly won't help us to prove anything to the public. Same with any kind of tall tales provided by some wannabe government officials or soldiers. Same goes to those researchers who are just too eager to put out any story without vetting their witnesses and their evidence. It's sad to see that there are just not enough really good researchers who exactly do just that but won't get that much attention while others who present a fantastic story get all the airtime.

Yes, exactly. In this day and age with our decent technology and ease of spreading information (such as the internet), we should be able to get some decent, solid evidence over the space of say, a few years, and present it to authorities demanding some sort of explanation or reaction.
But as it happens, people seem to be more into simply hearing a good story... and good stories have holes in them, they're open to debate and lack proper evidence. Because of this there are always people who won't take ufology seriously and it's all to easy to dub a tale as fake.

Today I'm thinking about my inability to do homework. Honestly, I keep finding myself back on my laptop or playing through Resident Evil 4. It actually hurts. I think I'm becoming lazy or losing motivation or something.
Oh and also, University... apparently it's only around 650 to do an OU (Open University) course whereas it's thousands to attend a proper University. I asked about the advantages of attending a proper University and my mother said people only go for the parties and social activity... well, since I desire neither and the end result would still be a degree in English, the cheaper option sounds vastly more appealing. Can anyone think of any reason to not do an OU course and instead go to a University?
User IP Logged

"Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist."
Epicurus.
jordy
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 119
xx Re: What're You Thinking Right Now?
« Reply #22 on: Oct 29th, 2010, 04:07am »

I think it all depends on how you will use your degree. Sometimes the name of the university counts. For instance if you plan to teach english in a college attanding Oxford would be more impressive then say Western Illinois University. If you plan to teach at the high school level the school matters less. If you plan to be a writer you might want to study the differences between the two because the information you walk away with is more important than the degree itself.
User IP Logged

CA519705950
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 587
xx Re: What're You Thinking Right Now?
« Reply #23 on: Oct 29th, 2010, 5:34pm »

on Oct 29th, 2010, 04:07am, jordy wrote:
I think it all depends on how you will use your degree. Sometimes the name of the university counts. For instance if you plan to teach english in a college attanding Oxford would be more impressive then say Western Illinois University. If you plan to teach at the high school level the school matters less. If you plan to be a writer you might want to study the differences between the two because the information you walk away with is more important than the degree itself.

Thanks for the advice, jordy smiley. I'm considering journalism quite seriously as a career choice so I'm guessing I need to think about which course would be best for me. If I could get into a place like Oxford, that would be amazing and I'm pretty sure I'd go for it.
However, being more realistic about things I'm guessing that the standards of a course I'd be likely to take from a less 'outstanding' University wouldn't be that far off something I'd take from the OU. Looks like I need to seek out some careers advice or something.
Cheers grin.

Tonight I'm thinking about little more than watching The X-Files in around 5 minutes time wink.
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2010, 5:36pm by CA519705950 » User IP Logged

"Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist."
Epicurus.
icepick
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5931
xx Re: What're You Thinking Right Now?
« Reply #24 on: Oct 30th, 2010, 10:30pm »

My take on Aurora is pretty simple. Cigar shaped craft and this was the developmental years for airships, right? The pilot looking like he was from Mars can easily be explained by a highly burned body. Especially if hydrogen was used for lift.

I hope this doesn't blow a perfectly good mystery for you. But to me it's pretty simple. There were airship sightings all over America that year. You can forget evidence to back anything up in this era. The practical minded folk of the day had their minds on what they should have. Getting in their crops.

Take care
Tim
User IP Logged

CA519705950
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 587
xx Re: What're You Thinking Right Now?
« Reply #25 on: Nov 2nd, 2010, 6:25pm »

on Oct 30th, 2010, 10:30pm, icepick wrote:
My take on Aurora is pretty simple. Cigar shaped craft and this was the developmental years for airships, right? The pilot looking like he was from Mars can easily be explained by a highly burned body. Especially if hydrogen was used for lift.

I hope this doesn't blow a perfectly good mystery for you. But to me it's pretty simple. There were airship sightings all over America that year. You can forget evidence to back anything up in this era. The practical minded folk of the day had their minds on what they should have. Getting in their crops.

Take care
Tim

While I don't dismiss the possibility of the incident somehow being related to extraterrestrials, I do lean (quite heavily) towards an 'Earthly' explanation. As you say, these years were the years where man-made flight was really beginning to take off (if you can excuse the pun wink)... there were bound to have been many experimental aircraft, some of which didn't quite work as planned. I think the ship that allegedly crashed in Aurora was likely to have been one of the experiments-gone-wrong.
User IP Logged

"Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist."
Epicurus.
figneutron
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

The Great Way is not difficult for those who do not pick or choose.


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 162
xx Re: What're You Thinking Right Now?
« Reply #26 on: Nov 9th, 2010, 02:40am »

At any time one out of five people are mentally ill. Sadly, less than half receive psychiatric help. Effective and affordable treatment is available in your community. You know what you need to do. Make that call today!
User IP Logged

CA519705950
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 587
xx Re: What're You Thinking Right Now?
« Reply #27 on: Nov 9th, 2010, 5:39pm »

on Nov 9th, 2010, 02:40am, figneutron wrote:
At any time one out of five people are mentally ill. Sadly, less than half receive psychiatric help. Effective and affordable treatment is available in your community. You know what you need to do. Make that call today!

I sometimes question my mental stability but I guess everyone does.
Right now thinking about being both sad and fed up. Also liking Beethoven a lot. I can see myself buying a piano one day.
User IP Logged

"Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist."
Epicurus.
MOKSHA
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

SOUL=402 KOPAVI=444 METATRON=636


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4330
xx Re: What're You Thinking Right Now?
« Reply #28 on: Dec 11th, 2011, 01:35am »

O WOE IS ME FOR SEEING THE TREE
JUST LIKE IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE
FOREVER ROOTED WITH IN THE EARTH
FOREVER REACHING FOR THE HEAVENS
BEING PULLED BY BOTH AT THE SAME TIME
IT'S NO WONDER IT HAS NO MIND
FOR IF IT DID IT WOULD BE TRAGIC
NOT KNOWING MIRACLES FROM MAGIC
smiley
User IP Logged

We are not to worry about a grain of sand in our friends eye, when we may have a two by four sticking out of our own
MOKSHA
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

SOUL=402 KOPAVI=444 METATRON=636


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4330
xx Re: What're You Thinking Right Now?
« Reply #29 on: Dec 11th, 2011, 02:01am »

TICK TOCK, SAID THE COW, TO THE TINY TICK, ON HER BROW,
TICK TOCK, ASKED THE BUG, AS HE SUCKLED, LIKE A SLUG,
TIME IS TICKING, AND YOU MAY STAY, HOW COULD YOU, MAKE ME, GO AWAY?
TICK TOCK, SAID SHE, AS HE GREW BY 3,
TICK TOCK, HE JOKED, LOOK AT ME, I'M AS FULL AS I COULD BE,
YOU'VE HAD YOUR FILL, NOW AND THEN,
HOW WILL YOU SUPPORT YOURSELF WHEN YOU GROW BY 10?
THE MORE I GET, THE STRONGER I'LL BE, EVEN WHEN I'M 10x3
TICK TOCK, YOUR 30 NOW, I'M JUST YOUR FEEDING COW,
YES YOU ARE, WE DO THE FIXY, WE EARNEST TO BE 60,
YOU GREW SO FAST, AND THINK YOUR FINE, BUT WILL YOU REACH 99?
FOR WHEN THE CLOCK STRIKES 12&20, THE SEERS OF LIGHT WILL BE PLENTY.


SUPER COLOSSAL TICK by MKW smiley
User IP Logged

We are not to worry about a grain of sand in our friends eye, when we may have a two by four sticking out of our own
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ...  15 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Become a member of the UFO Casebook Forum today and join our more than 18,000 members.

Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls