Board Logo
« Stuff & Nonsense »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 17th, 2017, 4:48pm


Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

*Totally FREE 24/7 Access *Your Nickname and Avatar *Private Messages

*Join today and be a part of one of the largest UFO sites on the Net.


« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37  ...  1070 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: Stuff & Nonsense  (Read 10738 times)
WingsofCrystal
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 12161
xx Re: Stuff & Nonsense
« Reply #510 on: Aug 8th, 2010, 08:39am »

Telegraph

Painting fence leads to 'criminal damage' fine
A couple who painted their side of a garden fence have been handed an £80 fine by police for "criminal damage", after a neighbour complained.

By David Barrett, Home Affairs Correspondent
Published: 8:00AM BST 08 Aug 2010

Officers turned up at the home of Kay Balsdon and her partner Chris Bates and threatened them with prosecution if they refused to accept the on-the-spot fine.

A next-door neighbour had claimed that Mr Bates' paint job, in a shade called "Forest Green", had ruined the finish on her side of the 6ft fence which was painted a different colour.

Mrs Balsdon, 47, said: "When the police turned up at my door I thought it was a prank. I just couldn't believe it - I was expecting Jeremy Beadle to pop out at any moment."

The petrol station cashier from Aldershot, Hants, added: "The fence was getting a bit dry and starting to warp so we thought we'd paint it green to match the rest of the fences in our garden. We were very careful and used a brush rather than a sprayer, but a little bit had got through the fence.

"The woman next door got very upset and started banging on the door and creating a scene.

"She called the police who said they were going to issue a fine, and warned us that if we didn't pay we would end up going to court and end up paying a lot of money. So we just paid."

Mr Bates, 29, a postman, said: "I'm amazed that there was such a waste of police time over something so petty.

"When the police arrived I was speechless for 20 minutes. And when it had finally sunk in I felt angry that I was being punished for something so stupid."

Hampshire Police said it had decided to refund the fine.

A spokesman said: "The officers gave this a lot of consideration and decided that this was the best way to deal with it. However, we have now reviewed the case and the fine will be rescinded and refunded."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7932063/Painting-fence-leads-to-criminal-damage-fine.html

Crystal
User IP Logged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VkrUG3OrPc
WingsofCrystal
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 12161
xx Re: Stuff & Nonsense
« Reply #511 on: Aug 8th, 2010, 08:50am »

Wired

Sharpest Image Yet of Massive Galaxy Collision

User Image

These two spiral galaxies have been colliding for over 100 million years. The intergalactic battle has spurred the creation of millions of new stars, the most massive of which have already exploded into supernovae.

Three of NASA’s space telescopes have combined forces to create the sharpest image yet of the merging Antennae galaxies, located 62 million light years from Earth. X-ray data from Chandra X-Ray Observatory is blue, optical data from the Hubble Space Telescope is gold and brown, and infrared data from Spitzer Space Telescope is red. The photos were taken between 1999 and 2002, and combine 117 hours of observation.

The image gives us a sneak preview of what may happen when the Milky Way collides with the neighboring Andromeda galaxy in several billion years.

Nearly half the faint objects in the image are young star clusters that contain tens of thousands of new stars. The Hubble data reveals old stars in the core of the old galaxies: star-forming regions in gold, and massive filaments of dust in brown. The red infrared data from Spitzer shows warm dust clouds that have been heated by the newborn stars, with the brightest clouds between the two original galaxies.

The brilliant blue specks from the Chandra X-ray data are also star-forming regions containing hot, interstellar gas infused with elements such as oxygen, iron, magnesium and silicon, left over from supernova explosions. The elements will be incorporated into new generations of stars and planets.

The Antennae galaxies take their name from the long antenna-like “tidal tails” that extend out from the cores of the two galaxies. The tails were formed from tidal forces created during the initial collision of the galaxies, and are easier to see in the wide-angle view of the galaxies below.

User Image


http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/08/colliding-galaxies/#ixzz0w1PuGSJJ

Crystal
User IP Logged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VkrUG3OrPc
Luvey
UFO Casebook Staff

member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 840
xx Re: Stuff & Nonsense
« Reply #512 on: Aug 8th, 2010, 09:17am »

Oh! How beautiful... it sort of takes ones breath away...

on Aug 8th, 2010, 08:50am, WingsofCrystal wrote:
Wired

Sharpest Image Yet of Massive Galaxy Collision

User Image

These two spiral galaxies have been colliding for over 100 million years. The intergalactic battle has spurred the creation of millions of new stars, the most massive of which have already exploded into supernovae.

Three of NASA’s space telescopes have combined forces to create the sharpest image yet of the merging Antennae galaxies, located 62 million light years from Earth. X-ray data from Chandra X-Ray Observatory is blue, optical data from the Hubble Space Telescope is gold and brown, and infrared data from Spitzer Space Telescope is red. The photos were taken between 1999 and 2002, and combine 117 hours of observation.

The image gives us a sneak preview of what may happen when the Milky Way collides with the neighboring Andromeda galaxy in several billion years.

Nearly half the faint objects in the image are young star clusters that contain tens of thousands of new stars. The Hubble data reveals old stars in the core of the old galaxies: star-forming regions in gold, and massive filaments of dust in brown. The red infrared data from Spitzer shows warm dust clouds that have been heated by the newborn stars, with the brightest clouds between the two original galaxies.

The brilliant blue specks from the Chandra X-ray data are also star-forming regions containing hot, interstellar gas infused with elements such as oxygen, iron, magnesium and silicon, left over from supernova explosions. The elements will be incorporated into new generations of stars and planets.

The Antennae galaxies take their name from the long antenna-like “tidal tails” that extend out from the cores of the two galaxies. The tails were formed from tidal forces created during the initial collision of the galaxies, and are easier to see in the wide-angle view of the galaxies below.

User Image


http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/08/colliding-galaxies/#ixzz0w1PuGSJJ

Crystal
User IP Logged

~ "When you master your mind, you master your life." ~

~ In every action there is an equal and opposite reaction ~
WingsofCrystal
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 12161
xx Re: Stuff & Nonsense
« Reply #513 on: Aug 8th, 2010, 12:14pm »

Crap!
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2010, 12:23pm by WingsofCrystal » User IP Logged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VkrUG3OrPc
WingsofCrystal
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 12161
xx Re: Stuff & Nonsense
« Reply #514 on: Aug 8th, 2010, 12:26pm »

I haven't lost my mind yet today, I'm having a wee bit of trouble with youtube.........sorry.
Crystal




« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2010, 12:41pm by WingsofCrystal » User IP Logged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VkrUG3OrPc
WingsofCrystal
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 12161
xx Re: Stuff & Nonsense
« Reply #515 on: Aug 8th, 2010, 12:39pm »


User Image

Yippee! YouTube likes me again!!!

Hey Pen!
Glad you liked that photo. It does make you gasp when you look at them.
Crystal

User IP Logged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VkrUG3OrPc
philliman
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1298
xx Re: Stuff & Nonsense
« Reply #516 on: Aug 8th, 2010, 1:18pm »

What was the problem, Crystal? Was it a vid where embedding was disabled?
User IP Logged

Stellar Thoughts
WingsofCrystal
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 12161
xx Re: Stuff & Nonsense
« Reply #517 on: Aug 8th, 2010, 4:09pm »

on Aug 8th, 2010, 1:18pm, philliman wrote:
What was the problem, Crystal? Was it a vid where embedding was disabled?


Hey Phil,
It kept saying out of space at line 19. I did something when I tried to load the remaining nine links to that "Ancient Aliens" video. I'm sure it was me but don't know exactly what I was doing.
Crystal
User IP Logged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VkrUG3OrPc
CA519705950
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 587
xx Re: Stuff & Nonsense
« Reply #518 on: Aug 8th, 2010, 4:22pm »



Well, this is stuff and nonsense wink.
User IP Logged

"Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist."
Epicurus.
WingsofCrystal
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 12161
xx Re: Stuff & Nonsense
« Reply #519 on: Aug 8th, 2010, 5:59pm »

"He's got a spoon! But it hurts like hell!" grin

Thanks CA519705950, that is funny.
Crystal
User IP Logged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VkrUG3OrPc
WingsofCrystal
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 12161
xx Re: Stuff & Nonsense
« Reply #520 on: Aug 8th, 2010, 7:45pm »



User Image
User IP Logged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VkrUG3OrPc
Swamprat
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4230
xx Re: Stuff & Nonsense
« Reply #521 on: Aug 8th, 2010, 8:54pm »

This is neat--never ran across this before:

The Mystery Hexagon of Saturn

http://www.wimp.com/mysteryhexagon/
User IP Logged

"Let's see what's over there."
CA519705950
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 587
xx Re: Stuff & Nonsense
« Reply #522 on: Aug 9th, 2010, 05:27am »

Nice pic WoC! I always did like peacocks smiley.

on Aug 8th, 2010, 8:54pm, Swamprat wrote:
This is neat--never ran across this before:

The Mystery Hexagon of Saturn

http://www.wimp.com/mysteryhexagon/

I heard about this before and knew it was related to weather but didn't find a 'proper' explanation. Thanks! Very interesting.
User IP Logged

"Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist."
Epicurus.
Luvey
UFO Casebook Staff

member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 840
xx Re: Stuff & Nonsense
« Reply #523 on: Aug 9th, 2010, 05:49am »

on Aug 8th, 2010, 7:45pm, WingsofCrystal wrote:
User Image


Good morning Crys

The peacock is sooo beautiful!! I love peacocks. While in South Carolina we hand fed one... it was so tame, and let us get close.

Something I have wondered about though. We often see pictures of white peacocks but this one that is posted is a first for me.... I am wondering if its for real or is this a digitally manipulated picture? Nevertheless it is gorgeous! Thank you so much for posting it. smiley

Pen
User IP Logged

~ "When you master your mind, you master your life." ~

~ In every action there is an equal and opposite reaction ~
philliman
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1298
xx Re: Stuff & Nonsense
« Reply #524 on: Aug 9th, 2010, 05:57am »

Morning all!

This is a beautiful peacock! Thanks, Crystal! smiley
User IP Logged

Stellar Thoughts
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37  ...  1070 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Become a member of the UFO Casebook Forum today and join our more than 19,000 members.

Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls