Board Logo
« Water, atmosphere and life on the moon »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 25th, 2017, 3:39pm


Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

*Totally FREE 24/7 Access *Your Nickname and Avatar *Private Messages

*Join today and be a part of one of the largest UFO sites on the Net.


« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15  ...  59 Notify Send Topic Print
 locked  Author  Topic: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon  (Read 39997 times)
positron
New Member
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 0
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #180 on: Feb 21st, 2016, 7:01pm »

i want to see this part in full hd asap

User Image
User IP Logged

GhostofEd
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know, I'm like a smart person


PM


Posts: 1385
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #181 on: Feb 21st, 2016, 7:03pm »

on Feb 21st, 2016, 6:38pm, positron wrote:
these two versions of as08-12-2196 obviosuly came from the same source image, but that is where
ALL the similarities end. the one on the right has no information left in it was airbrushed, contrast decreased
and brightness increased, no detail left overall + little craters painted into the tsiolkovsky like in all imagery of it.
the one of the left has flase color and was contrast corrected, but it has the real DATA missing from the right one.
if you work with graphics you will know lost data is lost and no algorithm cannot bring back what's been lost.

as for the second image you said you wanna see where it fits, it also shows tsiolkovsky, like stated times before,
only at much lower altitude, looking in eastern direction (W>E) over the islet next to the western shore.

I can say the NASA image actually looks to contain more information vs. the color one. The color one is heavy on the dark and mid-tones with the highlights and lighter tone contrasts missing i.e., the supposed craters in the lake. It is just as easy to add to a digital image as to remove. That the left image has the real data and the NASA image is airbrushed is conjecture without knowing the full history of either image.

I'll reserve judgement on the 2nd image before concluding it was taken from a lower altitude and direction. It could just also be a rotated enlargement with different editing filters that apply effects at different angles. Could also be an enlargement from a different modified starting image. May not get to it tonight.

User IP Logged

"The concept of shaking hands is absolutely terrible, and statistically Iíve been proven right."

~ D. Trump 2004
positron
New Member
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 0
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #182 on: Feb 21st, 2016, 7:07pm »

that is simply not true. yes, the colored one has less high-tone contrast due to overall high contrast and less brightness, but the amount of information in it is much much higher than the one on the right. take any area in the photo (except for the overexposed island and too dark lake surface) and compare them.
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2016, 7:36pm by positron » User IP Logged

Cliff-67
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1713
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #183 on: Feb 21st, 2016, 7:28pm »

Ghost of Ed....Thank You !
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2016, 7:44pm by Cliff-67 » User IP Logged

TRILLIONS AND TRILLIONS.........................................>>>OO

GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS
GhostofEd
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know, I'm like a smart person


PM


Posts: 1385
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #184 on: Feb 21st, 2016, 7:58pm »

on Feb 21st, 2016, 7:07pm, positron wrote:
that is simply not true. yes, the colored one has less high-tone contrast due to overall high contrast and less brightness, but the amount of information in it is much much higher than the one on the right. take any area in the photo (except for the overexposed island and too dark lake surface) and compare them.

I am not going by the visual impression but rather the tonal curves of each image. The NASA image is more balanced. The left image high contrast makes it appear there is more information. However the curves indicate that the high contrast comes at the cost of mid-tone and highlight information. While one can adjust the the NASA image darker tones to approach the other images contrast you cannot adjust the mids and highs of the other image to get them to look like the NASA image. Open the NASA image in an editor and increase the contrast yourself.

User Image
User IP Logged

"The concept of shaking hands is absolutely terrible, and statistically Iíve been proven right."

~ D. Trump 2004
positron
New Member
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 0
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #185 on: Feb 21st, 2016, 8:53pm »

i know you meant the levels comparison and that is deceiving you. airbrushed
photo has wider distribution of tones, but those are not real data, but mere
shades of grain leftover after airbrushing.

you don't go by visual impression, but visual impression is the key part. so
if we simply compare two photos side by side, it becomes clear airbrushed
version is devoid of any detail whatsoever while the contrasted one reveals
wonders. you can add as much contrast as you want to the airbrushed ver.,
you will never get the information still present in the other one.

User Image

..and if we take a random area and make a comparison, it speaks for itself.

User Image

on Feb 21st, 2016, 7:58pm, GhostofEd wrote:
I am not going by the visual impression but rather the tonal curves of each image. The NASA image is more balanced. The left image high contrast makes it appear there is more information. However the curves indicate that the high contrast comes at the cost of mid-tone and highlight information. While one can adjust the the NASA image darker tones to approach the other images contrast you cannot adjust the mids and highs of the other image to get them to look like the NASA image. Open the NASA image in an editor and increase the contrast yourself.
User IP Logged

Reasoner
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1011
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #186 on: Feb 22nd, 2016, 12:09am »

Hi all.

I would like to apologize to some members here: mainly Gort and notdej.

I admonished members for not maintaining an open mind, and to continue to be civil and debate instead of vilifying, to use reason and discourse to persuade, not just those here we don't agree with, but to those people out there who read the forum but never post.

What happened of that? Positron rejected reason and discussion in that same vein, and continued to say the same things, post huge pictures that show absolutely nothing, and claim everyone who doesn't believe him is a shill or of miniscule intelligence.

He has gone out of his way to provoke and inject real vitriol into the thread, refuses to answer most questions with anything intelligible or realistic, and is all in all an unfun guy.

I would plead with the mods to please redact the curse words (and other info violations), let the offenders off with warnings, and to ban positron for multiple flagrant violations of the rules as he is purposefully inciting the other members. He's made his claims known, they can remain for others to judge, but this is too much.

I'm pretty much of the opinion that this guy has been banned AT LEAST once before for the very same violations he's committed in this thread.

I don't find his claims to be remotely defensible, nor his reactions to being called out on them.
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2016, 12:10am by Reasoner » User IP Logged

no more evil. bury the hatchet. there's enough bad out there, we need more good
purr
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

..you talkin' to me...YOU TALKIN' TO ME..??!


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4792
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #187 on: Feb 22nd, 2016, 04:34am »

on Feb 22nd, 2016, 12:09am, Reasoner wrote:
I would plead with the mods to please redact the curse words (and other info violations), let the offenders off with warnings, and to ban positron for multiple flagrant violations of the rules as he is purposefully inciting the other members.


I suppose I should have commended you earlier for adding several reasonable cheesy posts to this debate, Reasoner. To this request: I skipped back a handful of posts and deleted (the shovel is out) some of the fowl language. I have no direct access to (past) ban information, so I must leave that to any of the super mods who do.

For now my impression is that the debate is gradually descending into a flame war, indeed merits close mod monitoring, for my part (depending how participants conduct themselves) will now consider warning / closing the thread.

Thanks,


purr
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2016, 04:36am by purr » User IP Logged

Let us be sure that those who come after will say of us in our time, that in our time we did everything that could be done. We finished the race; we kept them free; we kept the faith.

-RONALD REAGAN
Lawdzilla
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 78
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #188 on: Feb 22nd, 2016, 04:47am »

on Feb 21st, 2016, 8:53pm, positron wrote:
i know you meant the levels comparison and that is deceiving you. airbrushed
photo has wider distribution of tones, but those are not real data, but mere
shades of grain leftover after airbrushing.

you don't go by visual impression, but visual impression is the key part. so
if we simply compare two photos side by side, it becomes clear airbrushed
version is devoid of any detail whatsoever while the contrasted one reveals
wonders. you can add as much contrast as you want to the airbrushed ver.,
you will never get the information still present in the other one.

User Image

..and if we take a random area and make a comparison, it speaks for itself.

User Image



How do you know all that is water? It could simply be a terrain anomaly on the surface produced by wind or natural erosion of the surface.
User IP Logged

positron
New Member
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 0
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #189 on: Feb 22nd, 2016, 07:01am »

If it looks like a dog, walks like a dog and barks like a dog, then it's a dog.


on Feb 22nd, 2016, 04:47am, WingNut wrote:
How do you know all that is water? It could simply be a terrain anomaly on the surface produced by wind or natural erosion of the surface.
User IP Logged

positron
New Member
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 0
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #190 on: Feb 22nd, 2016, 07:22am »

"reasoner" and many senior members are requesting my ban,
speaks A LOT about themselves. i tried so far not to respond to
their attacks and provocations and will continue so.

for your information i have been banned ONCE like stated in first post.
ZETAR banned me for answering to your troll attacks, will not give you
the pleasure this time.

EPPUR SI MUOVE
User IP Logged

ZETAR
Mod Director
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

GREAT SPIRITS ALWAYS ENCOUNTER THE MOST VIOLENT OPPOSITION FROM MEDIOCRE MINDS E=MC2


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 8084
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #191 on: Feb 22nd, 2016, 07:31am »

TO ALL:

PURR WROTE:

"now consider warning / closing the thread"

SUCH HAS BEEN ON MY MIND FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF DAYS ~ AS I'M SURE SEVERAL OTHER MODS ~ IF INDEED THIS TOPIC GOES FORWARD WITHOUT THE CIVILTY CASEBOOK IS KNOWN FOR ~ THIS ACTION WILL BE TAKEN!

User Image

CASEBOOK HISTORICALLY IS KNOWN TO HAVE QUITE A RANGE IN OPINIONS ON COUNTLESS TOPICS ~ AND EACH DIVERSE OPINION/INDIVIDUAL IS AS PASSIONATE AS THOSE WHOM MAY DISAGREE ~ NEVERTHELESS, ANY DISCUSSION WHICH DEVOLVES INTO PERSONAL ATTACKS ~ VULGAR/FOWL LANGUAGE ~ WILL RESULT IN THIS THREAD (OR ANY THREAD) BEING LOCKED ~ cool

HAVING SAID THE ABOVE ~ I QUITE ENJOY EXAMINING WHAT OTHERS THINK AND HOW THEY APPROACH THEIR CONCLUSIONS ~ WHICH IS THE SOCRATIC/CASEBOOK WAY.

SHALOM...Z
User IP Logged

GREAT SPIRITS ALWAYS ENCOUNTER THE MOST VIOLENT OPPOSITION FROM MEDIOCRE MINDS E=MC2
positron
New Member
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 0
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #192 on: Feb 22nd, 2016, 07:45am »

the difference being this is not my belief but the truth.

and all these attacks are such incredibe WASTE OF TIME.

i am 30 and most of you are probably much older than me.

why i have to be the one to enlighten you, not the other way?

"the burden on proof is on positron", i've done my homework,

did you do yours? (adressing you all in general).

on Feb 22nd, 2016, 07:31am, ZETAR wrote:
TO ALL:

PURR WROTE:

"now consider warning / closing the thread"

SUCH HAS BEEN ON MY MIND FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF DAYS ~ AS I'M SURE SEVERAL OTHER MODS ~ IF INDEED THIS TOPIC GOES FORWARD WITHOUT THE CIVILTY CASEBOOK IS KNOWN FOR ~ THIS ACTION WILL BE TAKEN!

User Image

CASEBOOK HISTORICALLY IS KNOWN TO HAVE QUITE A RANGE IN OPINIONS ON COUNTLESS TOPICS ~ AND EACH DIVERSE OPINION/INDIVIDUAL IS AS PASSIONATE AS THOSE WHOM MAY DISAGREE ~ NEVERTHELESS, ANY DISCUSSION WHICH DEVOLVES INTO PERSONAL ATTACKS ~ VULGAR/FOWL LANGUAGE ~ WILL RESULT IN THIS THREAD (OR ANY THREAD) BEING LOCKED ~ cool

HAVING SAID THE ABOVE ~ I QUITE ENJOY EXAMINING WHAT OTHERS THINK AND HOW THEY APPROACH THEIR CONCLUSIONS ~ WHICH IS THE SOCRATIC/CASEBOOK WAY.

SHALOM...Z
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2016, 07:46am by positron » User IP Logged

ZETAR
Mod Director
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

GREAT SPIRITS ALWAYS ENCOUNTER THE MOST VIOLENT OPPOSITION FROM MEDIOCRE MINDS E=MC2


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 8084
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #193 on: Feb 22nd, 2016, 07:49am »

POSITRON,

>>> la scelta di movimento Ť vostra <<<

AT THE TIPPING POINT...

SHALOM...Z
User IP Logged

GREAT SPIRITS ALWAYS ENCOUNTER THE MOST VIOLENT OPPOSITION FROM MEDIOCRE MINDS E=MC2
ZETAR
Mod Director
Global Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

GREAT SPIRITS ALWAYS ENCOUNTER THE MOST VIOLENT OPPOSITION FROM MEDIOCRE MINDS E=MC2


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 8084
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #194 on: Feb 22nd, 2016, 08:46am »

POSITRON

TO WIT:

"SO IT IS THE BIG EGO AFTERALL.."

THERE ARE TIMES ONE'S EGO OVERLOADS THEIR ASSETS...

YOUR COMBATIVE/CONFRONTATIONAL APPROACH TO ENLIGHTENMENT ~ MERELY ENLIGHTENS THE PERSON YOU SEE IN THE MIRROR ~ 30 HUH ~ YOU HAVE QUITE A FEW MORE BUBBLE GUM SEASONS TO GROW!

I'M A PATIENT FELLA ~ BUT IT DOES SOUND CHILDISH TO RETORT IN A MANNER SUCH >>> YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO <<< THEREFORE...

SHALOM...Z

EDIT TO ADD:

User Image
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2016, 09:01am by ZETAR » User IP Logged

GREAT SPIRITS ALWAYS ENCOUNTER THE MOST VIOLENT OPPOSITION FROM MEDIOCRE MINDS E=MC2
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15  ...  59 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Become a member of the UFO Casebook Forum today and join our more than 18,000 members.

Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls