Board Logo
« Water, atmosphere and life on the moon »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 22nd, 2017, 01:02am


Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

*Totally FREE 24/7 Access *Your Nickname and Avatar *Private Messages

*Join today and be a part of one of the largest UFO sites on the Net.


« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8  ...  59 Notify Send Topic Print
 locked  Author  Topic: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon  (Read 59022 times)
notdej
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 492
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #75 on: Feb 17th, 2016, 10:38am »

on Feb 17th, 2016, 06:34am, positron wrote:
I know you want me to respond in your manners, but no, i won't feed the troll. You are obviously scientifically illiterate,




you say you won't feed the troll & yet in the very next few words you feed the troll-- brilliant.

i could have hours of fun with you but i'm not allowed to so enjoy cool
User IP Logged

THAT WHICH CAN BE ASSERTED WITHOUT EVIDENCE, CAN BE DISMISSED WITHOUT EVIDENCE

The Late Great Christopher Hitchens
INT21
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3096
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #76 on: Feb 17th, 2016, 10:55am »

All who think Positron is boring say 'aye'.

HAL
INT21
User IP Logged

Isn't it midnight, on the other side of the world.
Do you remember
the face of a pretty girl ?
positron
New Member
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 0
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #77 on: Feb 17th, 2016, 11:01am »

discern feeding the troll from an objective statement. those like you, big on words, are the first to kneel. i am already having fun with you, wink

on Feb 17th, 2016, 10:38am, notdej wrote:
you say you won't feed the troll & yet in the very next few words you feed the troll-- brilliant.

i could have hours of fun with you but i'm not allowed to so enjoy cool
User IP Logged

positron
New Member
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 0
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #78 on: Feb 17th, 2016, 11:22am »

i have not started this thread for fighting the local wannabe trolls, but for people sincerely interested in the subject, who on the most part don't participate in the discussion, except for reading it.

for those people i continue. next few photos are a crop from NASA / Lunar Orbiter Frame 1102 h1. here is the source image so you can check for yourself http://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/lunarorbiter/images/preview/1102_h1.jpg

this doesn't show a lake but is still important in lunar research, as it clearly shows what looks like a pentagon (or sextagon?) on the far side of the moon, only this structure is huge, at least 10km wide.

User Image

User Image

User Image
User IP Logged

drwu23
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6592
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #79 on: Feb 17th, 2016, 11:23am »

on Feb 17th, 2016, 10:55am, INT21 wrote:
All who think Positron is boring say 'aye'.

HAL
INT21

Aye......

ck your pm.
User IP Logged

notdej
Senior Member
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 492
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #80 on: Feb 17th, 2016, 11:53am »

on Feb 17th, 2016, 10:55am, INT21 wrote:
All who think Positron is boring say 'aye'.

HAL
INT21


Boring- no.....

Full of s**t & IMO knows it; just here having a laugh: 'AYE'

lipsrsealed

delete the membership? Those in favour say aye...
User IP Logged

THAT WHICH CAN BE ASSERTED WITHOUT EVIDENCE, CAN BE DISMISSED WITHOUT EVIDENCE

The Late Great Christopher Hitchens
positron
New Member
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 0
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #81 on: Feb 17th, 2016, 12:41pm »

next photo showing, like many others, that moon is being mined comes from japanese JAXA orbiter.

User Image

User Image

User Image
User IP Logged

Reasoner
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1014
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #82 on: Feb 17th, 2016, 2:27pm »

Hi, positron.

I'm sitting on the fence on this one. So, let's say I don't trust my eyes, since I understand the effects of pareidolia. When I was a kid, I used to stare for hours at the ceiling. It had that weird rough surface that a lot of homes have, and I would allow my vision to wander across, picking out faces and shapes of beings. I'd catch one, stare, then move my head slightly and see that the face melted away.

What you're showing us are frames of the moon, but without really being able to turn our heads or see the same spot from a different angle. You're basically asking us to take your word for it, that what we are seeing is what you claim it is.

One other thing... and this is something that I suppose is a general question for everyone on the board. What if this IS evidence of a giant conspiracy to cover up aliens on the dark side of the moon (which some proponents claim we've never even been to, but that's another story). In general, what would we even do if we found positive evidence of aliens? Do we take the streets rioting/marching/sitting in?
Depose governments? Declare anarchy? Or, like when we see all the crap that happens in the world all the time already, throw our hands up the air muttering, "what are you gonna do?" Maybe even cross our arms and smugly announce, "I told you so?"

I guess that's 2 questions in one.

1) Specifically, how can you be so sure, positron, of what you're looking at? What gives you that confidence that this is indeed evidence of aliens and not your mind constructing images to be what you want them to be?
2) Generally, what the heck are we even gonna do if we ever know?

I know my interest in here is that quest or search for the truth (it's out there!), but I have no idea what I'd do if I were to know.

Positron, are you at that stage? Where you are no longer questing to know? You are now "in the know", and trying to spread the word? Is that what you find yourself to be? An evangelizer evangelist? (grammar patrol)
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2016, 2:45pm by Reasoner » User IP Logged

no more evil. bury the hatchet. there's enough bad out there, we need more good
positron
New Member
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 0
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #83 on: Feb 17th, 2016, 2:54pm »

to answer in order

1. accumulation of indications and evidence over time
2. you are not obliged to do anything special but ensure it is real,
abd educate others

ps, you probably didn't notice, but these propeler drones are already obsolete and there are inertial drones being built and flown, some even coming to the market. these drones will be able to reach the moon in say 1 hour. that would change the game a bit.


on Feb 17th, 2016, 2:27pm, Reasoner wrote:
Hi, positron.

I'm sitting on the fence on this one. So, let's say I don't trust my eyes, since I understand the effects of pareidolia. When I was a kid, I used to stare for hours at the ceiling. It had that weird rough surface that a lot of homes have, and I would allow my vision to wander across, picking out faces and shapes of beings. I'd catch one, stare, then move my head slightly and see that the face melted away.

What you're showing us are frames of the moon, but without really being able to turn our heads or see the same spot from a different angle. You're basically asking us to take your word for it, that what we are seeing is what you claim it is.

One other thing... and this is something that I suppose is a general question for everyone on the board. What if this IS evidence of a giant conspiracy to cover up aliens on the dark side of the moon (which some proponents claim we've never even been to, but that's another story). In general, what would we even do if we found positive evidence of aliens? Do we take the streets rioting/marching/sitting in?
Depose governments? Declare anarchy? Or, like when we see all the crap that happens in the world all the time already, throw our hands up the air muttering, "what are you gonna do?" Maybe even cross our arms and smugly announce, "I told you so?"

I guess that's 2 questions in one.

1) Specifically, how can you be so sure, positron, of what you're looking at? What gives you that confidence that this is indeed evidence of aliens and not your mind constructing images to be what you want them to be?
2) Generally, what the heck are we even gonna do if we ever know?

I know my interest in here is that quest or search for the truth (it's out there!), but I have no idea what I'd do if I were to know.

Positron, are you at that stage? Where you are no longer questing to know? You are now "in the know", and trying to spread the word? Is that what you find yourself to be? An evangelizer evangelist? (grammar patrol)
User IP Logged

Swamprat
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4238
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #84 on: Feb 17th, 2016, 7:11pm »

Guys, guys! Why are you discussing this? This is all old news! Why don't you discuss the important breaking news of the day?! angry



Like THIS one!:




UN in talks with 'stranded extraterrestrial seeking aid of Hilary Clinton'


By Jon Austin
PUBLISHED: 10:55, Wed, Feb 17, 2016

THE United Nations (UN) has communicated with someone who is claiming to be a being from another planet stranded on Earth.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/644876/UN-in-talks-with-stranded-extraterrestrial-seeking-help-from-Hilary-Clinton

rolleyes
User IP Logged

"Let's see what's over there."
drwu23
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6592
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #85 on: Feb 17th, 2016, 8:24pm »

^LOL.....threads like these make me want to rethink why I post on boards like this.

wink
User IP Logged

Reasoner
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1014
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #86 on: Feb 17th, 2016, 8:55pm »

positron, you say you have a weight of evidence, but how reliable is that weight of evidence?

i went searching for any picture proof of moonbases etc., and i came across this page
https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-alien-base-on-the-moon-triangle-of-dots-photo-artifact.t2965/

in it, a guy named mick west does a take down of the various moonbase pictures. he makes a compelling case for how the images are blown out by poor resolution, and that the "evidence" of the bases or aliens or craft or whatever are really pixelation from zooming.

processing images, even if not directly photoshopping them, introduces bias to the image. your effectively creating weird things to spot that weren't even there in the original.

this is the problem with a LOT of the shuttle and satellite images. you get some bizarre capture, and extrapolate your own belief into what you are seeing. there was a famous (or famous in my head) picture of a type of solar flare/eruption on the sun that was used of evidence of a massive spacecraft siphoning energy from the sun. the images were the same, but what the viewer was seeing was subject to the interpretation of their world view. a helio astronomer would automatically call it out as that particular kind of flare, where the untrained would think it was something else (spacecraft! that close to the sun!).

evidence is meaningless without scrutiny and context
User IP Logged

no more evil. bury the hatchet. there's enough bad out there, we need more good
positron
New Member
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 0
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #87 on: Feb 18th, 2016, 02:56am »



on Feb 17th, 2016, 8:55pm, Reasoner wrote:
positron, you say you have a weight of evidence, but how reliable is that weight of evidence?

i went searching for any picture proof of moonbases etc., and i came across this page
https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-alien-base-on-the-moon-triangle-of-dots-photo-artifact.t2965/

in it, a guy named mick west does a take down of the various moonbase pictures. he makes a compelling case for how the images are blown out by poor resolution, and that the "evidence" of the bases or aliens or craft or whatever are really pixelation from zooming.

processing images, even if not directly photoshopping them, introduces bias to the image. your effectively creating weird things to spot that weren't even there in the original.

this is the problem with a LOT of the shuttle and satellite images. you get some bizarre capture, and extrapolate your own belief into what you are seeing. there was a famous (or famous in my head) picture of a type of solar flare/eruption on the sun that was used of evidence of a massive spacecraft siphoning energy from the sun. the images were the same, but what the viewer was seeing was subject to the interpretation of their world view. a helio astronomer would automatically call it out as that particular kind of flare, where the untrained would think it was something else (spacecraft! that close to the sun!).

evidence is meaningless without scrutiny and context
User IP Logged

positron
New Member
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 0
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #88 on: Feb 18th, 2016, 03:30am »

spacecraft on the moon appear as balls of light because high voltage ionizes the atmosphere.

User IP Logged

positron
New Member
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 0
xx Re: Water, atmosphere and life on the moon
« Reply #89 on: Feb 18th, 2016, 03:50am »

another one filmed by edgar mitchell

User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8  ...  59 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Become a member of the UFO Casebook Forum today and join our more than 19,000 members.

Visit the UFO Casebook Web Site

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls