Board Logo
« More Baby Steps...? »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 17th, 2017, 6:29pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1  Notify Send Topic Print
 thread  Author  Topic: More Baby Steps...?  (Read 381 times)
bonehead
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

"All descriptions of reality are temporary hypotheses."


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1657
xx More Baby Steps...?
« Thread started on: Mar 20th, 2017, 11:17am »

Here is an interesting article:

https://gizadeathstar.com/2017/03/antarctic-atlantis-human-settlements-ice/

Sorry, I would have linked the original article, but my browser refused to go there. Anyway, you can follow the link in this article. What you will find are images of what lies beneath "2.3 kilometers of ice".

Whatever lays beneath the ice is certainly antediluvian and predates the last ice age - in other words, it is far older than anything science has yet acknowledged for human civilization! Could it be that science is finally ready to get to grips with the idea that human civilization is much older than our present day "scientists" are willing to admit? Could the old tired "we're the greatest!" paradigm, so fondly held by pop-science, be finally showing signs of cracking? Certainly the conventionalists will have a hard time denying what we all can clearly see.

One can only hope. But I am sure this paradigm too will put up a fight before it finally succumbs to the scrap-heap of history - as well it should.

And, it gives yet more fodder for ancient alien theorists.

One thing though: Atlantis? C'mon. Plato was very clear that Atlantis layed to the west of the Mediterranean, where it gave its name to the Atlantic ocean. Whatever lays beneath the ice flows of Antarctica is NOT Atlantis....



Bonehead
User IP Logged

"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible."
ALBERT EINSTEIN
MOKSHA
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

SOUL=402 KOPAVI=444 METATRON=636


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4413
xx Re: More Baby Steps...?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20th, 2017, 12:25pm »

Unless Atlantis was not a city,
but, A
civilization.
shocked
User IP Logged

We are not to worry about a grain of sand in our friends eye, when we may have a two by four sticking out of our own
bonehead
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

"All descriptions of reality are temporary hypotheses."


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1657
xx Re: More Baby Steps...?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20th, 2017, 6:26pm »

on Mar 20th, 2017, 12:25pm, MOKSHA wrote:
Unless Atlantis was not a city,
but, A
civilization.
shocked


Sorry, I do not understand the relevance of this statement. Atlantis was supposedly a large island - City, State Country, whatever you call it is just a word. And, as i said, claims of Atlantis being in Antarctica I put in the same category as UFO sightings claimed to be "Venus". Just a lot of uninformed drivel.....

User IP Logged

"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible."
ALBERT EINSTEIN
Nyx
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 1731
xx Re: More Baby Steps...?
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20th, 2017, 7:57pm »

If someone said to me there are warm fresh water lakes, areas of no ice and snow, unexplored caves at Antarctica, I would said this person was crazy.

But a new released study by Canada and Europe shows that these areas exists in Antarctica because of geothermal heating.

In 1939 Germany tried to make a city call Neuschwabenland for Hitler's use.

In 1947 Adm. Byrd got the heck out of there being attacked by "an enemy that can fly between poles at great speeds".

I do not know what is buried in Antarctica, but it has a lot countries very interested.

Maybe Buzz Aldrin is right, there is pure "evil" in Antarctica that should not be released into the world?

User IP Logged

MOKSHA
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

SOUL=402 KOPAVI=444 METATRON=636


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4413
xx Re: More Baby Steps...?
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20th, 2017, 9:58pm »

on Mar 20th, 2017, 6:26pm, bonehead wrote:
Sorry, I do not understand the relevance of this statement. Atlantis was supposedly a large island - City, State Country, whatever you call it is just a word. And, as i said, claims of Atlantis being in Antarctica I put in the same category as UFO sightings claimed to be "Venus". Just a lot of uninformed drivel.....



I wasn't trying to be,
just some myths die hard, Ancient megaliths and out of place artifacts,
are enough for me to think, some was going on in those days,
but what?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poseidon
User IP Logged

We are not to worry about a grain of sand in our friends eye, when we may have a two by four sticking out of our own
dave54
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1210
xx Re: More Baby Steps...?
« Reply #5 on: Mar 24th, 2017, 11:58am »

on Mar 20th, 2017, 11:17am, bonehead wrote:
...
One thing though: Atlantis? C'mon. Plato was very clear that Atlantis layed to the west of the Mediterranean, where it gave its name to the Atlantic ocean. ...

Bonehead


Even that claim is in dispute, as the Pillars of Hercules was a common place name used in many places on old maps. Somehow people got fixated on Gibraltar as the only possibility. Plato states he got the story third hand from his grandfather, who in turn got it from Egyptian priests. So the Pillars of Hercules could be the straits at the south end of the Red Sea which was also labeled as such on some old maps.
Anyway, Plato also states the Athenian Army defeated the Antlanteans in war. The Athenians only had spears, swords, and arrows as weapons. So how did they defeat a superior civilization with flying machines and nuclear energy, like some claim?
User IP Logged

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post is 100% gluten free and made with recycled electrons.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bonehead
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

"All descriptions of reality are temporary hypotheses."


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1657
xx Re: More Baby Steps...?
« Reply #6 on: Mar 24th, 2017, 6:27pm »

on Mar 24th, 2017, 11:58am, dave54 wrote:
Even that claim is in dispute, as the Pillars of Hercules was a common place name used in many places on old maps. Somehow people got fixated on Gibraltar as the only possibility. Plato states he got the story third hand from his grandfather, who in turn got it from Egyptian priests. So the Pillars of Hercules could be the straits at the south end of the Red Sea which was also labeled as such on some old maps.
Anyway, Plato also states the Athenian Army defeated the Antlanteans in war. The Athenians only had spears, swords, and arrows as weapons. So how did they defeat a superior civilization with flying machines and nuclear energy, like some claim?


Sorry, I have no answers. But the point I was making is that whatever it is that lies under the ice of Antarctica is not Atlantis.

So, if not from Atlantis, then where did the Atlantic Ocean get its name? Just wonderin'.....

User IP Logged

"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible."
ALBERT EINSTEIN
cosmicjbw
Full Member
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 58
xx Re: More Baby Steps...?
« Reply #7 on: Mar 25th, 2017, 12:57am »

There are many accounts by ancient civilizations of a much older era for humankind. From Greek and Roman mythology to the origins of the Sumerians and the accounts of the times before the Flood in the Bible. In my opinion, all descriptions of the same older era, just from different cultural perspectives. If we look at these accounts we can see that whatever was going on, they all agree that it was widespread, or worldwide.

My point is that Atlantis was likely in the Atlantic Ocean, west of the Mediterranean, like Plato described, and that Antarctica could be an extension of that ancient empire. A colony or something like that.

There are many mysteries about our past, so the two issues of Atlantis and Antarctica could also be completely unrelated, and of a different time and era.
User IP Logged

bonehead
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

"All descriptions of reality are temporary hypotheses."


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1657
xx Re: More Baby Steps...?
« Reply #8 on: Mar 25th, 2017, 11:10am »

on Mar 25th, 2017, 12:57am, cosmicjbw wrote:
There are many accounts by ancient civilizations of a much older era for humankind. From Greek and Roman mythology to the origins of the Sumerians and the accounts of the times before the Flood in the Bible. In my opinion, all descriptions of the same older era, just from different cultural perspectives. If we look at these accounts we can see that whatever was going on, they all agree that it was widespread, or worldwide.

My point is that Atlantis was likely in the Atlantic Ocean, west of the Mediterranean, like Plato described, and that Antarctica could be an extension of that ancient empire. A colony or something like that.

There are many mysteries about our past, so the two issues of Atlantis and Antarctica could also be completely unrelated, and of a different time and era.


I agree. A look into native American mythology indicates that our present world is the third or fourth in a series (depending on whose legends you are referencing - the Hopi say three, the Maya, four). In other words, there were at least two advanced civilizations before ours, all of which ended in either natural or self-created catastrophes. World-wide indigenous myths of a global flood are cultural memories of the last great disaster - which Plato claims destroyed Atlantis.

Our world is currently in the process of another self-created catastrophe. Following the news is like watching a slow-motion train wreck. With climate deniers promoting unbridled raping and pillaging of our ever more finite resources, the end is encroaching ever closer (I am sure glad that Trump decided to let the corporations freely pollute our dwindling clean water sources!). It may be too late to turn back now. And even if we tried, there is a huge ignorant movement which thrives on denial.

Perhaps man is just too damned stupid to learn from the past. History has shown this to be true, over and over. And here we go again..... tongue kiss

Bonehead
User IP Logged

"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible."
ALBERT EINSTEIN
dave54
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1210
xx Re: More Baby Steps...?
« Reply #9 on: Mar 25th, 2017, 12:10pm »

The term 'advanced civilization' is a relative. If the prevailing culture is stone hammers and crude spears then the first oxcart or bow and arrow would seem like futuristic science fiction.

So even if there were the remains of a ancient civilization in Antarctica (which is nothing more than wild speculation now) it does not mean they were flying around in spaceships powered by fusion reactors. Still could have been a stone age culture.
User IP Logged

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post is 100% gluten free and made with recycled electrons.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
dave54
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1210
xx Re: More Baby Steps...?
« Reply #10 on: Mar 25th, 2017, 11:25pm »

Then there is old Piri Reis map silliness.

You still find to this day absurd claims the Piri Reis map shows Antarctica free of ice. You can google up the Piri Reis map and radar mapping of Antarctica under the ice. Compare them side by side. Not even close.
User IP Logged

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post is 100% gluten free and made with recycled electrons.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
INT21
Gold Member
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3059
xx Re: More Baby Steps...?
« Reply #11 on: Mar 26th, 2017, 1:58pm »

Bonehead,

...Perhaps man is just too damned stupid to learn from the past. History has shown this to be true, over and over. And here we go again...

It's simple.

Men won't keep their Richards(Z) in their pants and women won't keep their legs crossed.

The incessant breeding is the problem. All else follows from that.

HAL
INT21
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2017, 3:35pm by ZETAR » User IP Logged

Isn't it midnight, on the other side of the world.
Do you remember
the face of a pretty girl ?
Pages: 1  Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls