Topic: Triangle With Lights in Illnois (Read 43 times)
member is offline
Triangle With Lights in Illnois
« Thread started on: May 18th, 2017, 11:34am »
Black Triangle Sighting in Kankakee, Illinois on May 17, 2017
Case Number 83812
Date of the Sighting 2017-05-17 21:57
Date Submitted 2017-05-18 00:21 (Reported Same Day)
Time Zone America/Chicago
Summary From center of the sky, traveled 1/3 to southern horizon in 4 seconds stopped 3 seconds, then started zig zagging to southwest
Tags sound flash
Country United States
Postal Code 60901
The latitude and longitude presented here is an approximation to protect the reporters identity
Sighting Photos, Videos and Media
No photos, videos or other media provided.
Viewing Distance Over One Mile
Altitude Over 500 Feet (no cloudcover), Unknown
Sighting Duration 00:00:12
Object Features Unknown
Object Flight Path Stationary, Hovering then path, Path with directional change, Path then hovering, Other
Object Shape Triangle
• There have been 2071 other sightings in Illinois
• There have been 12 other sightings in Kankakee
• There has been one other sighting in the postal code 60901
• There have been 43 other sightings near Kankakee
• There were no other sightings in or near Kankakee on 2017-05-17
1. I was near Cobb Park, in Kankakee, Illinois.
2. I was looking at the big dipper.
3. I first thought that it was a jet plane.
4. It looked like a large jet plane with flashing strobes but the colors were (white, red, green, bright but dark blue.) It never made any sound and it was quick! It seemed to be at an extremely high altitude.
My father was a pilot and I have been around planes all my life, including in the military. It looked to be in an excess of 100 thousand feet, and at that altitude it looked to be the width of my thumb, which would seem to make it way larger than any plane that I know of. Plus it was insanely quick.
It traveled from the center of the cup portion of the big dipper which was almost straight above me, in the middle of the night sky straight South 1/3 of the way to the southern horizon in 4 seconds; at which time it just stopped for about 4 seconds. Then it changed direction and started moving to the south-west in a zig-zag pattern. This continued for another 4 seconds.
5. The object came to a stop. A spiral of bright blue-white light and a bright flash, and it simply vanished.
6. The really weird thing, and I'm somewhat embarrassed to say this, it seemed that it was aware of me watching it. It almost seemed to be interactive. Shortly there-after, I felt dizzy.
"Let's see what's over there."